Half Moon
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$525
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$258
  • Pool
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$519
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,666
Hotelpower.com
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$413
US$138
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$221
HolidayInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$459
US$436
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,244 results
All reviewssugar millhibiscus suiteseagrape terraceil giardinoall inclusive planfern tree spawest cottagessea grapebedroom villacedar barroyal villasunrise beachpepper pothibiscus poolprivate pooldolphin experiencevilla staff
Reviewed 27 October 2009

It is very EXPENSIVE but simply beautiful. We have been twice now with family and friends. Staying in the Villas is the key to a great trip at Half Moon. Both trips we stayed in one of the 7 bedroom villas. We had friends arrive a few days early and stay in the hotel before the rest of us arrived. They said that the villas are the way to go.
Villas come with a full staff... butler, maid and cook. These folks worked very hard to keep us happy and they succeeded. You need to be firm with them though. If you want dinner at 7pm be very clear about it. They are on "Jamaican Time" which is different than ours. They do not know what you like unless you tell them. We made a list of things we like to eat for every meal so they have a idea of our taste. The food list is a good idea so you are not trying to think of something ever day. (ie. Pancakes with bacon, hot dogs, shrimp with rice or fried chicken) Better off spending more time around the pool than worrying about what's for lunch. We alway fed the kids first and put them to bed. Then we would have an adult dinner.
They do your laundry right there in the villa. Where it one day - and it is cleaned and put on your bed the next. This means you don't need to bring a ton of clothing. They cook all your meals in the villa's kitchen and are constantly cleaning. The food the cook made for us was better than what you get in the restaurants. We ate out several times(very expensive) and always thought that the food in our villa was better. Home style cooking was wonderful. Tell them what you want and they go shopping at the local store and cook it for you.
Each room has its own full bathroom with two sinks, bath and separate shower. Great family trip for kids.
The "KIDS CAMP" was well run and the children loved going there. Half day or full day. This gave us some good "alone time". The kids also loved the pool at the villa so much we had to force them to go to the beach sometimes.
Extra attention is hard to get considering we started planning our trip 10 months ahead of time. We requested an extra golf cart for our villa which never appeared. We also requested "Jason" be our butler again for our second trip but he was assigned to another villa. He did remember us and stopped in to see us. Very nice guy and does a great job.
The satellite TV doesn't work all the time. They need new TV's in the villas too. This was frustrating sometimes.
There is no financial incentive to return. This was odd because the staff seemed worried about the future. No deals have been offered to us to come back again for a third time so we are actually trying a different vacation because there are tons of saving to be had elsewhere. As I said before, this is a very expensive vacation. This fact limits my loyalty to return every year. We will still return to Half Moon though. It was the best family vacation spot we have been to so far.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank NTorontoTraveller
Reviewed 20 October 2009

This was our 5th trip to the Half Moon and being there again made me remember why we go. THE STAFF IS WONDERFUL. Everyone, from the moment we arrived and were greated with a big "welcome home" to the last goodbye. The staff made sure we had every want and need taken care of. Yes, the property is beautiful, the rooms (Hibiscus Suites) are lovely with huge bathrooms and right on the water and the spa is great, but the staff really makes the place special. I guess that is why there are so many repeat guest. We run into people that we have met there every time we go. Again, we had a blast.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank vsharp
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I am so excited for my vacation back to Half Moon for the third time this winter break! The best family, couples, relaxing vacation ever! Half Moon is pure perfection. Sugar Mill, Il Giardino, Royal Suite, Spa and Dudley at Seagrapes Terrace! I'm coming again, it will sure be lovely again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I had never been to Jamaica before and wasn't sure what to expect. While I'm not a fan of the island at all (I'd much rather spend my time on other Caribbean locales...or perhaps ANY other Caribbean locale as long as it's NOT Jamaica), Half Moon is a wonderful spot and I now know why it's been popular for so long with celebrities, families, and many repeat clients. The half-moon-shaped beach is picture-perfect, and the variety of room styles is quite large. I stayed in the Hibiscus suite, which was simply divine. It's huge, brand-new, and right on the beach, with the sand just steps away. Food was fine...nothing amazing, but all edible. The spa is the other stand-out....perhaps the nicest spa I've ever seen. You could get lost inside, and what a place to be lost! Private plunge pools, wonderful scents, relaxing treatments, and complete serenity everywhere. I'd return to Jamaica if I could just camp out at the spa all week....
While I was not with my kids (this was a quick getaway with my husband), this is a great family spot, complete with dolphins, croquet, mini golf, regular golf, tennis, watersports, bikes, etc. There's something for everyone.
It's a great spot...but I'd much rather spend my money on a different island...Nevis or Anguilla perhaps...Jamaica attracts a different crowd and didn't realize that until I got there. Let's just say they're more the Hedonism type...but the cost of Half Moon weeds out that sort of client. I'd still rather travel to a different island in the future, which is too bad for Half Moon....

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2009

Resorts are supposed to be pleasing to the eye. Half Moon is in the top three of the most beautiful of the many we have stayed at wordwide. The blend of white stucco buildings surrounded in a myriad of colorfull flowers, bushes and palms with fountains everywhere is truly a tropical paradise. September is the best time to go because there are very very few people to disturb the visual pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple