“Staff the best !! Vacationed October 14-21,2013”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was our first trip to jamaica , it was amazing from the time we arrived until we left. The food was great , loved the beach it was very clean and the water was amazing . The rooms where kept cleaned especially the bathrooms , the view spectacular.

The staff at the pool "Star team" where amazing keep all of them , very polite , tootsie roll oh my god he is so terrific and thunder and rest of the crew talented team. The restraunt staff where polite , had great service and conversations, we learned alot about jamaica from your staff. Please tip the staff they are worth every penny !!

We will definitly be back next year at your hotel ,and we have recommened to our friends and family , you should be proud of your team from desk reception to pool staff to the restaraunt staff to the Claening staff , oh before i forgett " Mr President " at hotel lobby bar amazing !!

Great Job everyone see you next year !!!

Room Tip: We stayed on 4Th Floor , room 1304 great room view good , air conditioning excellent .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Teresa J
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Treasured Guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort. Our goal is always to create and experience of a lifetime for our many valued guests like yourselve; we are happy your expectations were exceeded. The staff members are truly the ones who learn the idiosyncrasies of our clients and make each visit special. Your compliments will certainly be shared with President, Tootsie roll, Thunder and the other departments that you mentioned. We are happy your experience was all you had anticipated and you fully enjoyed our accommodation, scrumptious and well prepared food along with the overall resort amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back home and creating another experience of a lifetime.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,493)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Everyone who I know kept saying "you have to check out Iberostar", having gone to RIU more than any one person should, I decided to give here a try and after reading the many positive reviews, I was more than convinced.

Needless to say the disappointment begun at check-in, I specifically requested one of our 2 rooms to have 2 beds prior to our arrival, seeing I was travelling with my parents, husband and a toddler... after waiting for more than 2 hrs for the room we couldn't get a room with 2 beds, their suggestion was a pull out sofa where you literally were sleeping on a metal spring.

The front desk person was not personable and looked annoyed during the whole check in process... if you do not like people or questions my suggestion is do not go in the hotel industry.

Another disappointment, their specialty restaurants require a minimum of 3 nights before you can make a reservation, we stayed from sat - mon, thus we were not able to try any of them, it was not on their website that you needed a minimum of 3 nights to have access to those restaurants, one would think that is something you would make public prior to people making a booking, having gone to Jewels Dunns River and Runaway Bay and all the RIU's I never expected that there was a limit on your booking before you could try a restaurant, complete and utter nonsense.

We were stuck eating at the crappy little river restaurant for the entire weekend where the food was mediocre at best and always cold - it was so bad that we checked out early and had to eat in ocho rios to get a decent meal.

In terms of the grounds, I have no complaints there,there were 2 main pools right beside each other and the beach was in front of it. Pools were nice and the beach was lovely but they could use a few more shaded hammocks, you probably can find 5 if that much while over on the suites side had plenty more, not sure why one side is treated better? staying at either isn't free and for the money you pay one would expect some better service.

Lastly, the final nail in the proverbial coffin occurred on the day of check out, at approximately, 11:58 am I heard a bagging on the door, I opened it thinking it was my parents, it was the cleaning lady asking me if i wasn't ready to leave, i said excuse me, its 11:58 check out is at noon and she retorted my watch says 12........ I never in my life had anyone insult me like that, if this is how the staff is told to talk to guest it says a lot about the management of this hotel. NEVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE.

The only saving grace for this place is the entertainment crew, they get two thumbs up.

It goes without saying that I would never return to this resort.... not even if I am paid to.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here.....
3  Thank Empress S
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort for your vacation destination. Firstly, we are remorseful to hear that your stay was disappointing as we work relentlessly each day to ensure our valued customers are happy. We wish to apologize for the room situation that you encountered. However, room requests are always subject to availability. Based on reviews from our valued guest, they always let us know that our pull out sofa bed is very comfortable to sit and sleep on, therefore we are surprised about your review.

Nevertheless we will take it into consideration to check on it. We apologize for the unsatisfactory check-in experience at our resort. Our agents always provide excellent customer service, however you mentioned otherwise which is why we will look into that.
Please note that my F&B team takes great pride in our food quality and service. It is therefore that we are quite disappointed to read the negative impression you had on that aspect, moreover since we typically get great comments in that regard. It’s by surprise to know that you did not get to try any of our specialties restaurants, as Guests are guarantee reservations based on the amount of nights they are staying for but they are not limited to those reservations therefore you can make extra reservations on the day when you don’t have a reservation. However once you go to the Guest service desk to make such request, they will try to make it possible for you to dine at a restaurant.

As for the room attendant, we will definitely speak with the manager regarding such action, as all our staff is trained in a professional manner on how to speak to our valued guest.
We are grateful to hear that we were able to surpass your expectation as it relates to our Ground, Pool, energetic Entertainment crew and Beach area as staff work tirelessly to make sure that we offer nothing but the best.

We hope your perception of Iberostar was not tarnished as I can assure we are committed to providing exceptional services. We hope we will have the privilege to extend welcome to you again in the future. Thanks again for sharing your review and we hope you will have a change of thought and visit again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Iberostar rose hall beach resort from Oct 4- 9 th . It was 10 of us , we had a great time ! The resort looks better than the photos online .
The food was great , large selection to choose . Tons of activities at the resort , we did
The kayak every day , it was fun. We also took 3 excursions.
And a trip into town to shop .
The weather was lovely , just a shower or two , nothing to spoil the trip . All in all i would love to return one day !

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank JamaicanQueen
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear guest,

The management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel would like to extend our appreciation to you for making us your vacation destination. We couldn’t be happier you clearly enjoyed our water sport activities and we are grateful that you enjoy our facilities. Jamaica has a lot to offer and it’s good that you took the time out to go offsite, to experience its culture, site seen and excursion.

We are pleased you were able to have such an amazing time and that you loved and enjoyed our food, entertainment and our facilities. Again we would like to say thanks for your review and we will pass on your commendations to our hardworking staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next vacation.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

A group of us travelled here to relax and really get an escape for our busy lives. We loved our complete experience from the moment we touched down in Montego bay to the day left sadly left. Everything about this hotel was wonderful, the staff all go out of their way to ensure everyone has a great time. We can honestly say we made good friends with a large number of staff and look forward to our return. Thank you Iberostar for welcoming us like we are family. All great food, fun and complete atmosphere!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank JenBriVT

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write such lovely note about your recent stayed. We thank you for the beautiful comments towards our dedicated team whose aim is always to create an experience of a lifetime for our most discerning clients. The staff members are truly the ones who learn the idiosyncrasies of our clients and make each visit special. We are happy your experience was all you anticipated and you fully enjoyed your accommodation, scrumptious and well prepared food along with the overall resort amenities.
We are happy you had an ultimate Jamaican experience; we look forward to welcoming you back 'home' very soon and to deliver another experience of a lifetime.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

After my last trip to Jamaica, I had low expectations. Decided to try it again for a long ladies' weekend given the short flight and clear water. Soooooooo glad we came back. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was Excellent!!! Food first, with two buffets and three restaurants (we tried them all, Cajan was the best) made you always feel full. Food choices were varied and most everything was great. Side note, they did have a limited section of true Jamaican foods but it would have been nice to have a little more...

Beach was FAR better than expected. If you went to the far right side by the water sports you could feel the cement and there was seaweed in the water. What we found was that at the far LEFT side there was little to no seaweed and NO cement. In addition, while you couldn't use the chairs of the other two Iberostar resorts you could walk along the beach... the farther left you go the better the water and beach... Whatever the case, the water was GREAT and we enjoyed the beach a LOT!

Pool was amazing. Entertainment was amusing and bar was nice!

Room was insane! We booked a basic but did receive a free upgrade at booking (promotion). We ended up in ocean front top floor. We had a private balcony (thick walls on both sides). We also had 30 foot high ceilings!!! Our favorite thing to do was sit on the balcony and look out at the ocean... so nice!!!

There are a ton of rules but if you go with the flow no biggie... we had an amazing time and enjoyed our stay. Thanks Iberostar!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank julie_oxner
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to extend our gratitude to you for selecting our hotel. The time taken to share your review is also well appreciated. We are grateful you gave Jamaica another try; thus you were able to experience the true hospitality offered by our beautiful island. We are delighted that through the exceptional services offer at our resort we were able to allow you to see Jamaica in ‘new light’. We are committed to providing excellent services therefore we are grateful that our desired result was achieved, hence your stay was amazing! Thanks to you and we hope you will return to Iberostar on your next visit to Jamaica.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I'll start with the negative first; my 7 year old daughter was stung by a large Jellyfish on her birthday. I feel as customers we should be notified that it is Jellyfish season and if we choose to go in the ocean then we go at our own risk. My daughter was in pain for two days, her birthday was a total right off. I had to pay for treatment at the clinic, which I felt was unfair.

The hotel and scenery is beautiful. The staff is exceptionally nice. I have to give shout outs to Neasha, she took care of my daughter at the Kids Club, she is outstanding with children and I highly recommend her services. Barbie and Travoy was also very nice and caring staff.

Food was great, a large variety of food.

I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. Firstly, we are remorseful to hear that your daughter was stung by a jellyfish and was not able to enjoy her birthday. The clinic is a separate entity and as such they will charge for their services, we are truly sorry if this was an inconvenience. We will applaud Nesha for the excellent job done and commendations will be pass on to Barbie and Travoy as well. We are pleased to hear that the food was enjoyed. Thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Such lovely people in such a lovely country. We had enjoyed the Tucan Iberostar in the Mexican Riveria so much that we have little doubt in choosing Iberostar Montego Bay and it had proven correct.
We had gone with Air Canada Vacation and the free transfer from Sangster Airport was especially convenient. Once we checked into the resort, we had also signed up for the shopping excursion which was alright but the Dunn’s river hike was sensational (see this on a separate review).
The Iberostar Beach and Spa is located at the end of the three Iberostar resorts in Montego Bay. The staffs were vibrant, lively and amazing. All three Iberostars have free shuttle which takes you to the Rose Hall Shopping village every 30 minutes. Though it’s mostly catered to tourist, it’s a free service which is really a nice option. The village has free wifi spots and sells souvenirs and jewelries; there is also a small café and ice cream place. While most of the shops sell typical touristy fake goods, there are some good quality art that are valued goods and crafts. We had bought a wooden craft mask and duty-free sunglasses to perk our vacation and they were actually cheaper than if we were to buy them elsewhere.

The room in the resort is basic and nothing to brag about, though the view for some can be spectacular. A minor issue was our room safe had run out of battery and it took the repairman more than an hour and four calls to come and fixed it upon our check-in to our room. That certainly set off our mood as we had flown overnight from Vancouver, needless to say, hungry and tired. Also, the cleaning lady forgot to clean our room one day. Despite that, and the not too-friendly front counter service, the rest of our stay was pleasant.

There is a Japanese, a steak and a Cajun restaurant. I like the last the best while most prefer the first. The Cajun restaurant decor actually gave me a feeling the old south. I find the Japanese restaurant very stuffy and as we were booked for the last seating, it was pretty late. There is also a general buffet restaurant which serves breakfast and lunch. I love all their food choices. Most people think that all inclusive are not too good in their food selections, but no, it’s not true here. The selection varied and I even saw the head chef there one night showing his staff the way to cook pasta. Love their jerk chicken, pork, bean rice, seafood mix, lobster bisque, snapper, varieties of exotic fruit, creative fresh juices, different kinds of cheese……..

You are kept occupied everyday with activities the moment you are seen, so much fun. The last night we were there, there was a ‘pirate party’. What a blast, just love it. Special thanks to Thundra, Tafari, Toosie Roll, Barbie, Rafael, and all the entertainment staffs and star friends, our morning waitress (sorry, forgot her name) Christopher from the Cancun restaurant, Joevaughn, the chef in the Japanese Restaurant, Omar, also in one of the restaurant, Milton the waiter from the buffet restaurant whom we had taken a photo with and the nice guys who gave my daughters scuba lessons and all who had given us a good time. We just can’t thank you all enough. Iberostar Beach Montego Bay , we will be back!

Room Tip: We had stayed on the 4th floor around a corner, so we can only see a part of the ocean from the balc...
1  Thank lennytim828

Dear Guest,

Is a pleasure hosting you and your family here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort, and we thank you to have chosen the Iberostar Jamaica for your family vacation. We are thrilled that your expectations have been met.

Indeed our staff plays an important role in the achievement of what the hotel standards are, they work daily in excelling the hotel standard. Truly we are pleased that you had a fantastic vacation; you made the best of your time, enjoying the variety of food and fruits, the entertainment and the facilities.

We will certainly forward your comments to the necessary department heads for them to acknowledge their staff for them to continue communicating positively with our prized guest.
We also like to apologize for the mishaps you have come across in your room regarding the late cleaning and maintenance, this is something we will strive to make as perfection as possible.

Once again we thank you for taking the time out in posting your review, as we await your next visiting with us “home” away from home. We will definitely strive in going beyond your expectations the next visit with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!