Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$260
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,664
US$1,584
Hotels.com
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$525
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$519
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$577
US$542
Hotels.com
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$138
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$459
US$428
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,683 results
All reviewscajun restaurantrose hall beachjambalayalobby barentertainment staffmontego baystring beanscupcakessteakfood was greatstar friendsguest servicesa la carte restaurantsmain buffetocean viewevery other dayother resorts
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Iberostar did not meet my expectations at all, I was very disappointed. The disappointment began from check in.

Check in time is at 3:00 and my room was not ready until 3:40, other people in my party got their room after 3 also but mine was the last to be ready. With a two year old that was not feeling well, this was a very big deal. It was evident that other guests were having the same issue as a crowd had gathered at the front desk. After asking for a supervisor,the front desk clerk directed me to the guest service manager. Upon entering guest service I was greeted by a staff member who offered assistance which entailed her saying " I will be right back." After sitting for approximately 10 minutes, I was advised by a gentleman in guest service that my room was ready. I proceeded to the front desk and the same staff member from guest services gave me my room key. Lo and behold I approached my room only to see it still being cleaned. Steam was coming from my ears. The lady cleaning must have seen the frustration on my face as she suggested we leave our bags in the room until she was finished. I made a U turn and headed back to the front desk. "My room is still being cleaned." I got an insincere apology and a change of room, two doors down from my original room. Of course when we got to our 'new" room the old room was ready and our bags were locked in there. After going into our room, I called the front desk for someone to come and open the old room so we could get our bags. I was advised that I would have to come for the key myself. Of course I objected and the staff member from guest services came and got the bags for us. As for a late check out since I got the room 40 minutes late, I was told that was not possible so I moved on from that. There were eighteen of us in our group and the others spoke of room service taking two hours( even though you are guaranteed to be served in 30 mins) and the mini bar not being stocked until four hours after they had checked in. On the positive side, the grounds are beautiful and well kept. The food was good and most times there was variety. On the last day, I found bugs in my champagne.

I understand that things happen but it is how it is dealt with that makes the difference. I shall not be returning to Iberostar as the customer service was very poor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Dear quality assurance manager,

It seems you read and address all of the reviews that come through about your resort. We have filed an official documented complaint at the resort and would like to bring this matter to your attention immediately, along with other readers on Trip Advisor who potentially want to stay here so they are warned.

If you would like to rectify this situation immediately, we are staying in room 2310 - the room that called on the evening of October 24 (the night we arrived) citing that there was a gigantic cockroach in our room. A lovely young man came to "take care of the situation" with a broom and flashlight (from his cellphone). Once we discovered the insect crawling out from under the bed, he cornered it with his broom and "took care of it" - see photo attached.

We were uncomfortable for the rest of the night and to our dismay there was no offer of switching rooms or even a follow up after the incident.

As if we were not traumatized enough, the next day we got back to our room at 4:30 after enjoying a nice day at the pool. To our surprise, our rooms were still not tidied up. We decided we would follow up after a shower but again, we were completely mortified when housekeeping started banging on our door. After no response she barged into our room and started knocking on the bathroom door! I opened the door dripping wet from the shower, in TOTAL shock as she yelled "housekeeping!" in my face... I told her I was "busy". 10 minutes later, the banging on the door returned and I asked her if she could come back in 10 minutes. She rudely stated she could not come back since her shift was ending and that no one would be able to clean our room. I then received a call from the housekeeping manager reiterating that only my towels could be changed and that our room would not be clean until tomorrow. Interesting, considering 1) our room had a cockroach in it and you would think that it would be a priority and 2) it is not my fault that I came back to my OWN room wanting to shower yet you only gave yourself a 10 minute window to finish cleaning my room? I am completely appalled by my experience here so far. This is not a 5 star resort. Who enters a guests room, knocking on the bathroom door when they are clearly BUSY in the shower. Thank goodness I wasn't on my honeymoon! This is unacceptable and I would like to warn everyone who is considering this resort for a vacation. For the price you pay here, I absolutely recommend you spend it elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank carmen_k_ip
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel for your last vacation. We are in deep regret to hear that you had such unpleasant stay with us.

The experience described does follow the Iberostar standards at any level. We are once more sorry you encountered with a cockroach, even though we are surrounded by the tropics this is something our housekeeping department strive in their everyday duty to ensure insects do not come into the rooms or guests areas. However we are grateful that the problem was rectified, and as to my investigation The Iberostar extended its apology amenities in the room, in showing courtesy for the inconvenience that unfortunately accrued.

Iberostar is known for exceptional services including having the ideal customer services skills and warmth that are communicated across to our guest, thus we do not tolerate inferiority and as such we hope you will accept our sincere apologies to wards any rude mannerly conduct that might had come across, as all our staff are trained and advised accordingly. We will pass your comment as posted, on to our housekeeping department and a coordinated effort will be made to bring forth improvement.

Hence this report is under investigation, we once again appreciate the time you invested in writing this review. We are truly sorry your vacation was hampered and we hope someday we will have the opportunity welcome you back to rediscover the beauty of our fine accommodation.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Each year i try to review a hotel based on my experience and to share with others such an occasion. My review comes from vacationing at iberostar beach resort in rose hall montego bay jamaica, during the period of October 19- 21, 2013. We arrived earlier than the usual 3pm check in time and was processed very quickly and prep briefly as to guidelines ,services offered etcetera.

We were offered complimentary drinks and were allowed to participate in activities currently been done. The lobby area was very clean and the staff very friendly and well informed.The hotel is well cleaned throughout the entire property and the gardens are well kept and trimmed. Once you recieve your room key and venture to your room ,the cleanliness continues.Restaurants were great and the food choices excellent. The staff especially the entertainment crew is excellent and they get you involved in every activity possible.

Do go to the club located at the suites for none stop partying

Room Tip: take the ocean view rooms preferable on the fifth floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank nissan03
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall beach Resort. The staff and management team is happy to hear that you had an excellent vacation and we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Our staff is indeed very hard working, they strive daily in enhancing the beautiful greenery and the surroundings of the hotel, as well as taking good care of our guests experience and any possible request they may have. We are thankful our hard work paid off, and you could enjoy your vacation experience as well as feeling comfortable in our premises.

Your improvement suggestion has been noted and it is appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We spent wonderful 7 days at this resort ( from October 13 to October 20). It had some pros and cons, but overall we had an amazing experience. Weather was sunny and +89 F all week.
• Check –in was fast, the front desk person was really friendly and professional. We arrived to the hotel at 11:00 a.m. and had to wait until 1:00 p.m. to get a room, but it was no problem at all. They have a shower cabin with the extra fresh towels so we changed and went on the beach to relax after the flight and had drinks.
• Room was on the smaller size, but you do not spend time in the room. We had a sea view room # 1315 with amazing view of the beach and the pool area. I have to admit that the fridge in the room was constantly radiating heat and was useless.
• The pool was huge and was cleaned every day, pool bar was opened at 9:00 a.m. sharp
• The beach is amazing, clean with enough lounges in the shade. We did not need to reserve lounges, as it was always enough free ones.
• The entertainment team OMG!!!!!! Tutsiroll , Breezy, Thunder, Lava Child, and others are just amazing, so full of energy, with the sweet smiles. I probably have been to 12 all inclusive, but this Iberostar entertainment team definitely the best, and makes this resort even more appealing and fun to be at. The Iberostar management has to upgrade this resort rating to one step up just because of the Star Friends.
• The food at the main restaurant was always fresh, but always the same. I was disappointed as they did not have a lot of Jamaican dishes or team nights with different food. If you stay in this resort for 7 nights it is getting boring to eat the same food 3 times a day.
We had an amazing experience and definitely will be back next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Malta-Lviv

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write such lovely review about your recent stay.

We were thrilled to see you describe your vacation experience so enthusiastically. Your comments about the service of our staff means a lot to us and we assure you that your compliments will go a far way to encourage them. Our staff members are truly the ones who learn the idiosyncrasies of our clients and make each visit special. We are sorry you were disappointed in the selection of Jamaican dishes and theme nights at the buffet, however we do have various theme nights in our Buffet Restaurant and also we served authentic Jamaican cuisine every night prepared by our wonderful Chefs. Please be advised that your mini bar is a cooler and not a refrigerator; however, we humbly apologize if this caused any inconvenience during your vacation. Nonetheless, we are happy that you had enjoy eating at our Restaurants and that we have being able to surpass your expectations as it relates to our clean environment, Hotel amenities and our Hospitality in general.

We look forward to serving you again soon and hope that you will not hesitate to return in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay & would recommend this resort. We have stayed at many all inclusives over the years & find Iberostar to be consistent in providing good food, good service & good facilities. The Rose Hall Beach lives up to it's 4 star rating however if you want 5 star you will need to pay more and stay at the Grand! The dive shop onsite is great, book in advance to save 20%.
One word of caution, if you are looking for peace & quiet on your holiday, this may not be the place for you. The entertainment team is constantly on the microphone by the pool announcing everything under the sun & cranking out the same awful 90's dance tunes everyday. We tried to escape from it but could still here it at the far end of beach. I did put in a request at Guest Services to have the volume turned down but it made no difference. It didn't ruin our holiday but was quite annoying.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Amanda D

Dear Guest,

The Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and Spa Resort would like to thank for spending your vacation with us.It’s a delight to know we have exceeded your expectations enjoying the warm & tropical atmosphere from both our staff and the Iberostar property.

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed the interactions with our entertainment department. Your comments will be passed on to our team, as it’s our greatest honor to know we are making our guests happy, and this gives us motivation to keep working better and harder.

We look forward to your return with us and having the option to visit the Iberostar Grand property still having access to all other property including the Iberostar beach.