Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Half Moon(Montego Bay)
4,656 results
All reviewscajun restaurantrose hall beachjambalayalobby barentertainment staffmontego baystring beanscupcakessteakfood was greatstar friendsguest servicesa la carte restaurantsmain buffetocean viewevery other dayother resorts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I take yearly vacations to escape the stresses of work and the all-inclusive feature and perhaps the resulting inebriation must have led to the positive reviews that I have read for this property. On one of my many visits to the front desk the employees were actually arguing with each other over one employee's feelings of being disrespected by the other. The argument was so heated I thought a fight was sure to ensue. A female employee had to physically separate the two men. I asked for a screw driver from the front desk, and luckily, my girlfriend and I were in the room for an hour and a half preparing for an event. Lucky because we didnt waste vacation time waiting for the screwdriver. Unfortunately, the screwdriver came the next day; that's right, nearly 24 hours and five requests later and there was neither an apology or explanation. Also, when I went to lodge a formal complaint at 5 pm on a saturday I was told that the manager was not there, wouldnt be back for hours, and no one was available in their absence. What? How can a resort manager be missing at all? Also, it wasnt just the nonchalant attitude about a screwdriver. Dinner reservations, room service, bus rides, etc. They were appalingly late for everything! At four-star prices? They don't care about your time or your vacation, only your money. If you take your well-earned vacations seriously, spend your money somewhere else. Trust me! I booked elsewhere as soon the remaining days of my vacation were available two days after I checked into Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. The service is absolutely horrible!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank R G
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,
The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. At Iberostar we are committed to offer excellent service; regrettably based on your review you were inconvenienced, therefore kindly accept our humble apologies for the challenges you encountered. Requests made by our valued guests are handle in a timely manner however unfortunately you have experienced otherwise and we are sincerely sorry. We are stunned as it relates to your comment on employee arguing at the front desk; our staff is friendly and work well with each other and we have never before received a complaint of this nature. We assure you this is not the standard of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort and we will take the necessary measures to ensure we do not have a repeat of such inappropriate display. I am sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to speak with a manager and for future reference you can always communicate to Guest Service who will arrange for you to meet with a manager if you so desire. We hope your perception of Iberostar was not tarnished as we care tremendously about each of our valued customers. We work relentlessly each day offering top notch services thereby contributing to wonderful vacations. We will remain hopeful that you will visit again and rediscover the true service offered here at our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at this wonderful hotel from Nov 1-8th 2013. Our first impression of the hotel was fantastic, no line up for check in, impressive lobby and we got our welcome drink as expected. We received a room with a king bed that we had requested and were offered assistance to the room. The room was basic but met our needs. We did not have a great view, but the room was very cold and very quiet so we could not complain. A unique feature they have is a door that seperates the bedroom from the rest of the amenties like the bathroom and the hallway, this would allow the bed area to stay very cold and quiet.

The food was top notch, we ate at all the a la cartes, each one was fantastic. The buffet was above average with a fresh pasta station and different additions every night. A special thank-you to Milton our dinner server, he made our little girl feel like a princess and always helped us out with our jugs of wine to go :) We had lunch on the beach 3 times, beach BBQ and Paella. This was very impressive because it is a ton of work for them to lug all the food and cooking stations on to the beach for the guests to enjoy. The steak restaurant was the best. A lot of the guests at the Suites were dining at the Beach restaurants, so that just goes to show you how good the food is at the Beach resort.

The pool was amazing, large, very warm and we loved the swim up bar. The beach was beautiful and you could walk aways down the beach if you wanted to. We did visit the vendors at the end of the beach, and although they were pushy, they were harmless. We got my daughters hair braided for cheap and some necklaces and anklets.

The entertainment staff were what really made our trip special. They go out of their way to make you feel important, especially the kids. So many of the star friends knew my daughter by name. Her favourite one was Tootsie Roll. A special thank you to Danika and Rainbow in the kids club, you made Kaitlynn feel like she was part of the group and always made her smile. We also enjoyed our morning breakfast with Lava Child, and aqua fit with Breezy. I cannot say enough good things about this team, they just made the whole trip even better.

We were a group of 3 ladies, 60, 34 and 6, so this resort is fun for all ages. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone, and we are planning a return trip in a few years. Do not read the negative reviews and if you are thinking about going, just book it, you will not regret it!!

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - Yea Mon!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank KMattice

Dear Guest,
The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel. We also thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. It is said that first impressions are everlasting hence we are delighted to hear that your first impression of our hotel was fantastic! We are grateful you were able to relax in the comfort of your room, enjoy our top notch food and the fantastic experience of dining at each of our a la carte restaurants. We have a wonderful entertainment team who enjoys doing their job, and we will pass on commendations to the entire team.

We are pleased that you were all able to have a fantastic time here with us and it will be our pleasure to extended welcome to you again in the next few years. Thanks to you for your recommendation; it is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

By far an outstanding hotel! Just got home last night and already planning our next trip here! Right from our arrival to our departure the service was outstanding. Our first drinks in the lobby bar were with "Business Man" who quickly had us rolling with laughter at his antics behind the bar.
The food in both the buffet and at Uncle Tony's was top notch with plenty of selection and variety. Service was always good and everyone always had a smile on their face! The rooms were exceptionally clean and well maintained. The mini-bar was nicely stocked every 2 days. We had dinner in both the Steak House and the Japanese Restaurant and both the food and service was fantastic! The resort, gardens, pool area, and beach are picture-perfect. Now to the part that absolutely made our vacation amazing...the entertainment crew! I cannot express enough how incredible this group of young entertainers was. By the end of our trip, we knew each one of them and they felt like family! A big shout out to Tootsi-Roll, Angel, and Breezie!!!!! They are all the most friendly, energetic and outgoing group of "star-friends" They keep you entertained from morning til night. Their performances in the evening shows were nothing short of fantastic! They are very very talented!!! Enjoyed each and every one of them. There was never a dull moment and plenty of activities throughout the day and of course it was your choice to be involved our not. I enjoyed the morning stretch class on the beach and the water aerobics. Loved watching the entertainers dancing throughout the day. All in all I have nothing bad to say about this resort. EXCEPTIONAL VACATION <3

Room Tip: Seems they are all good. Once you close the balcony doors, you don't hear any noise from the outside. We had Gardenview but later switched to Oceanview and hotel was very accommodating!
4  Thank jillybean23

Dear Guest,
The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last vacation, and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional vacation with us and we are elevated knowing our hard work and dedication paid off tremendously. Our staff is highly trained and service with a smile comes genuinely for us. We are happy you were blast away by the exceptional services offered by Tootsi-Roll, Angel, Breezie and the rest of our incredible star friends. We are proud to have them working with us and we will congratulate them on a job well done! Thank you and we look forward to the next time we will have the opportunity to welcome you again for another exceptional vacation!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Just returned from my trip on November 4th the room stinked it smelled like mold both my husband and I started to get sick, the air conditioner the phone and the TV did not work. Upon arrival to the facility we never received a welcome drink. We were never oriented to the facility, meal times or anything, attempted to ask the staff at the front desk and was totally ignored, we had to leave the property to get something to eat on our first night. We were originally checked into a ocean front room after experiencing all these inconvenience room was downgraded to a oceanview, we changed room because the initial room smell was intensifying. When we got to the second room the toilet was nasty had to call housekeeping to clean bathroom they had to use acid to get out some of the stains. When we decided to go down the elevator it shut off for approximately 45 seconds, when we reported it to the front desk they were not concern. The food was average and the drinks were poor quality. Several attempts to speak with the General Manager and they kept telling us he was in meetings. They do have a very good entertainment team. Would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

2  Thank Tamz33

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are mortify to hear about your experience as it is contrary to the services and standard of Iberostar. We are astound by your review and can assure you that such experience does not represents Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort. It can be very humid at times in Jamaica however once reported to us we will assist by putting a dehumidifier in room. Likewise if an error is reported to us we correct with urgency. Kindly accept our humble apologies for all the inconveniences and we are truly sorry you were not able to speak with the General Manager. The General Manager is always willing to assist in any way possible however due to his responsibilities he is not always available to speak with a guest when they ask, nonetheless there are other managers who are always readily available in the event that he is not available. We are truly sorry you were not able to enjoy your vacation to the fullest and we sincerely hope your perception of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was not tarnished .

It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again thereby allowing you to rediscover Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and the excellent services offered. Please contact at pr.beach@iberostar.com.jm for any assistance in the future as we would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectation in a next visit.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

we stayed from Oct 30 - Nov 6

It was incredibly outstanding at the service we got over the 7 days...mind you this was my first all inclusive but my wife's 3rd ..I thought the team they have setup there is great with the staff !

Let me first start with the most things that I found really stood out !

The Entertainment crew was absolutely awesome - Thunder(one of the entertainers) met us the first day for a moment at noon and later in the afternoon already remembered our names. The Entertainment crew puts in a lot of work at the resort...they are there from the dawn of morning till midnight ! They have activities with you through out the day and take a time to get to know each of their guests.... Breezy, and Champagne were awesome as well with the rest of the entertainment crew including lovachild, booty girl, rainbow, sunshine, barbie, tootsie roll....and many more. They will come and sit with you along the beach and get to know you for a bit ...and keep you updated for all the activities through out the day. Such a friendly bunch.

The food was great ...I was really concerned about the food at resorts but all there a la cartes were awesome and as well as the buffet...it has to be one of the best buffets I've been to in my life without a doubt. Uncles Tony's steakhouse has without a doubt the best rib-eye steak ever, I haven't seen something like that for a really long time...and I'm a steak lover.

Also at lunch time the chef made a seafood payala for everyone at the beach outside...it was so great..to see him through it in was awesome...1000+ shrimps ...100 + Lobsters ..etc....it was great !!

the resort as well, is only 15-20 mins. away from the airport which makes it very good after traveling for a quite a bit...also the resort doesn't let the locals pass through as there is barricades...so you know you won't be heckled with hustlers trying to sell you stuff while you lay in the beach.

I gotta say ...the best bar tenders are in Jamaica ...let me start with the best bartender probably I have ever been served by ..if you start your drinks with him you might as well kiss all the other bartenders good bye and your tip money...he makes you feel so welcome and his drinks are so well made...we call him Mr. President (Ricardo) ! They have him switching every now and than because every place he is doing bar-tending turns into a great show....also Neil works along side with him and he can put on a show as well.

The beach bar has a infinity pool that overlooks the ocean..it's quite great there to get drinks from Floyd and chris rock....they make amazing drinks..

We also noticed a lot of couples from suites and grand were actually coming to our side to take a look as their sides were very quiet....

Fridge worked perfectly no problems here as they would fill the fridge every second day which was more than enough as the bar is open until 2 a.m.

For attractions Negril 7 mile beach is a must -The clear waters and fish...i have never seen a beach so amazing in my life...it was absolutely beautiful

7 mile beach with rick's cafe and shopping for 40$ is a must deal for the day ! but beware from the tour guide as when you go shopping in between the breaks... she will guide you to shops 10 and 5 but she is making commission on this...with Jamaica tours. Check out the other shops ...they are much cheaper.

Overall I will come back here...it's so well maintained and people are so friendly..absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: Our room was Ocean View 2 and it was right near the elavao
3  Thank Allovereverywhere

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort are truly thankful to you for selecting our resort as your vacation destination. We appreciate the time taken to share your detailed review; thank you! We are thrilled to hear that you recognized the outstanding performance of our entertainment team. Our staff is very dedicated and we are honored to have them working with us. We will applaud all of them for the remarkable job they have done. We are happy you enjoyed the food especially our superb beach paella and the top notch service provided by our highly trained bartenders. We are grateful that ‘ Mr. President’ exceeded your expectation and we will pass on special commendations to him.

It is wonderful that you were able to explore outside of the resort as Jamaica is indeed a beautiful island and offers a lot of different options for our visitoris. Thanks to you again for making Iberostar your choice and we look forward to the next time you will return for another remarkable vacation.