“A Wedding, a vacation and a great time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Newark, Delaware, USA
“A Wedding, a vacation and a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We traveled with a group of 26 a combination of family and friends, for the purpose of a vacation and a family wedding. Each party making its own reservations but all staying at Rose Hall Beach.

We did not choice the resort, the bride and groom did so when researching the trip to make our flight and room reservations, I read reviews. Some complaining of dirty or dull outdated rooms, un-attentive front desk clerks, no response to maintenance needs, and boat loads of "drunk" cruise ship visitors with day wristbands partying till they puked!

Needless to say, I was les than excited but felt I would make the bast of it. Will, what a surprise! Either I stayed at the wrong resort or the "unhappy" reviewer did because I found none of this to be true, Rose Hall Beach is an A1 resort in my book, it was from day 1 and remained that way till day 6!

Our room, ocean front suite, was large, CLEAN, and very comfortable, The housekeeper assigned to our room was helpful, kind, trustworthy and a delight. She checked back with us several times a day to be sure that we had clean towels. Our bed was turned down, if we were out, a mint on the pillow, items left out by mistake, were there upon our return, the mini bar was well stocked and replenished regularly. There was even a drying rack on the balcony for our bathing suits or damp clothes.

The staff was great, always pleasant and helpful. The entertainment was diverse and nonstop...always something to do...the dancing pool attendants were a blast. The bar staff happy and friendly. Wait staff knowledgeable and professionally yet friendly and cordial. The pools clean and the lawns and gardens were stunningly beautiful. Beach loungers are ample, clean and we'll shaded (or in the sun if you preferred) .

Yes we had a problem with the mini bar upon arrival but they checked it, monitored it and when it was evident that it was broke it was promptly replaced with a brand new one.

Wedding was beautiful. The wedding coordinator was extremely helpful I am told (not part of my job..I just got to enjoy the festivities). When discovered that the favors were left in the US the concierge desk took us to the Suites to the shop, staying with us and helping and delivered the favors for safe keeping.

The food was great, we had no problem making our allotted reservations at the special venues but we also did not wait till the last . Maybe the only negative I found was the lack of wifi, but hey who wanted to work anyway!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

5 Thank Queball89
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. The time invested into writing your review is well appreciated as such thanks to you again. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time here with us. We do our utmost each and every day to ensure we delivery top notch services, and we are thrilled each time we receive a review such as yours. We will applaud our dedicated team for the excellent job done thereby contributing to your vacation being wonderful. Your comment regarding the Wi-Fi is noted and we are currently working to improve this area. Thanks to you again for your wonderful review and we look forward to the next time we will have the opportunity to welcome you.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (981)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

not too many reviews for my travelers who sometimes venture solo, so here we go. I visited Jamaica in July, loved the people and country so much I decided to go back. After extensive research of a fun resort with plenty activities not too far from the airport I looked at Iberostar Beach And I was not disappointed!!! From the time I arrived I was welcomed! ROOM: I reserved an ocean view room and that view was beyond beautiful. the bed comfy, water hot. Overall decent room. BEACH: Loved it. There was always available beach chairs the water was perfect the sand was a little rough but nothing that would change my 5 star rating. FOOD: something for everyone. And it taste good. Buffet had traditional jamaican cuisine (dumpling etc) also basic american style bacon and eggs. I tried the japanese and steak house for dinner both were equally satisfying. POOL: my favorite!!! loved it guards kept it clean and perfect temperature! swim up bar bartenders were great! ENTERTAINMENT: one of the hotels best attributes. Traveling alone, I had the thought I could get bored...not with the great entertainment! These guys really made it fun day in and day out by the pool on the beach and at the nightly shows. I went to the disco a few doors down and that was great! music was on point! The bartenders were ALL wonderful! my favorite bar was in the lobby. Ruth, Tasha lee, Kevin and Andrew were my favs always smiling and making me feel welcomed! I met some wonderful people from around the world I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Jamaica...especially if you are traveling solo....

Room Tip: Ocean view high floor is a must
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Latrisha G
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. Thanks to you as well for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear that your solo trip was wonderful! We do our utmost to ensure each of our esteemed guests enjoy their vacation to the fullest whether they are traveling with family, friends or solo. Therefore we are grateful that with all the wonderful service provided, especially our great entertainment team and our bartenders, your trip exceeded your expectations. We will applaud our staff for playing such a significant role in the enjoyment of your vacation and for making you feel comfortable and entertained. Thanks for your recommendation and we hope to see you very soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from this hotel and I cannot wait to visit again! This was out first trip to Jamaica, I have traveled all over the Caribbean and we loved it. I found this resort to be something very special. I was so sad to leave :(

Our flight was easy and from the airport we were driven to the hotel which took approximately 20 minutes. Pulling up to the resort was breathtaking- you go down a hill and are greeted with a lovely blue ocean view. The grounds are well maintained and everything is so clean. Our check in went smoothly, the girl was really helpful, gave us a map of the hotel and we even got a welcome drink. Room service and minibar are at no additional charge. We didn't feel the need to use either, but it's nice to have. The bellboy showed us to our room and while it was nothing special, it was clean. It did have an awesome pool/ocean view and two beds, as requested.

The main buffet always had a really nice selection of different meats, rice dishes, curries and of course jerk chicken. Service here was always excellent- Dex was our favorite, always took great care of us and Sergio the manager was wonderful and friendly also.
The Cajun restaurant was excellent and the Japanese was good.. Food was slightly oily- but it's worth checking out since there isn't much choice. The only complaint I have about the food was at the smaller buffet (uncle Tonys) which was always way below average, just avoid it if you can. Not even sure how it's in this hotel. Everything else was great!

The beach was gorgeous but it did have a little seaweed which seemed to come and go. The sand was not quite as powdery as I would like. I'm a bit of a beach snob so not sure if anyone really notices sand quality but me. Pool area was great too- the pools are huge here and you don't have to worry about running Into others while swimming.

The bartenders here are great- super friendly and helpful. I loved Andrew and Dalbert at the main bar in the lobby.. They make the best dirty banana :) must try!
Rayon and Chris rock were great too!

The entertainment crew- they were all pretty awesome and talented. I love how they make a point to hang with you and get to know the guests here, they made us feel like family. Truly very friendly people- thank you all for making our trip so special. Our favorites were tootsie roll, Ebony, Barbie, Champagne , Breezy, and the blue eyed guy ( cannot remember his name!) thunder I think.
Don't miss their shows! Try not to book your restaurant reservation at 9 if you want to see one. The shows are all at the same time.

I wish this place had a hot tub/ jacuzzi. I also wish we could sneak next door and use the lazy river around the pool in the suites hotel. I'm not sure anyone would have noticed if we did but it seemed the general rule was 'you can only walk on the beach'

A few additional tips-
Make sure you don't forget anything at home (toothbrush, sunblock etc) I made the mistake of forgetting my contact lens case and a replacement was $13 so I opted for using a coffee cup! Sunblock was super pricey too.
Also noticed some of the souvenirs are cheaper in the resort than they were in the airport ( which had pretty good shopping btw!)

The exchange rate is apparently better at the hotel than the airport but it doesn't matter- they'll happily take your American money. You don't really need to exchange.

Bring LOTS of singles to tip those who treat you exceptionally well- and these people are endless! :) it may be an all inclusive and they don't expect it but many guests give them a little something. The guy at the airport was the only one who was pushy and expected it even though he didn't do much. To be clear- none of the bartenders or staff EVER asked or hinted at a tip. They also did not treat anyone better or worse when they received one.

It seemed like a lot of people brought blow up rafts or inner tube pool toys. Great if you have kids or you just want to relax in the water.. There are not too many waves so it's easy to use them on the beach.

Overall this resort is everything you'd expect as far as service and quality go and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking to visit Jamaica. Great for families and couples.. And weddings!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Lazybeachbum70
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for selecting our hotel. We would like to thank you as well for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your wonderful experience. We are delighted knowing you enjoyed every minute of your vacation with us. Every day we work assiduously with the intention of ensuring that each of our valued guests are having a fantastic vacation. We are motivated by your review and we are grateful that you had such a wonderful time; relaxing on our beach, enjoying the delicious food and awesome drinks and making the most of the services provided by our energetic star friends. We will commend all our staffs, especially those mentioned by name, for the outstanding job they have done thereby contributing to an unforgetable vacation.

Kindly accept our humble apologies if you were disappointed in any way with the food at Uncle Tony’s and the sand on the beach. Your comment regarding the hot tub/Jacuzzi is also noted. Regrettably guest staying at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach are not allowed to use the facilities of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites; sorry for any inconvenience caused. Once again, thank you for sharing your review and we will make improvements where necessary in order to better our services offered. We look forward to extend welcome to you again for your next vacation. Thanks!

Torontoq
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

From the time we got off the bus we were welcomed into this beautiful hotel.
The view from our room was just amazing! We had a bottle of rum and fresh fruit waiting for us.
The food was awesome and the wait staff were so friendly. Everyone always had a smile on their face. The entertainment team were amazing bunch of people, they made you feel comfortable and would always make sure you were having a great time. I don't normally like to visit the same place twice but i would definitely come back here.

The only thing i would say is they need free Wifi and the Japanese restaurant needs to be authentic Japanese. Sashimi is Raw fish, not cooked. I have never seen noodles in Miso soup either.

Room Tip: top floor! 2418
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cdsouza
Dear Guest,

The Management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel. We are thankful that from the moment you arrived your experience has been wonderful. Our star friends are a very hard working team and we are thankful they were able to contribute to your vacation being great! Your valued comment regarding the Japanese restaurant is noted and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused; we will do our utmost to improve where necessary. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we anticipate your next visit to Iberostar Jamaica.

St. John's, NL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We just returned from a week long stay on November 7th and this was by far our best all-inclusive stay ever!!!! The food was incredible, the weather was perfect and the staff was exceptional! Myself and my boyfriend were there for a wedding of 60 people and everyone had such a great time. Shout outs to Breezy, Thunder, Lava Child, Ebony, Angel and all the Star Friends crew as well as bartenders Dean, Ricardo (Cabbage!), Ravon and Andrew. But most of all, Patrice on the beach for everything (including the Patois lessons and the Tings). Already planning our next trip back!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AMMM7
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,

The Management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel. We thank you for taking a moment to share your wonderful experience. We are thrilled to hear that you had an exceptional vacation here with us. Our staff is very committed and enjoy doing their job; we will applaud all of them for making your experience unforgettable. We are overjoyed to hear that you are already planning your return trip and we look forward to welcome you again. See you soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

As a family we have taken many trips to all inclusive resorts, this by far being the most incredible. This was our first trip to Jamaica and we were extremely impressed. Not only was the resort beautiful, but the food was also amazing. The resort has three a la carte restaurants; cajun, japanese, and a steakhouse. The resort as a whole and all of the rooms were extremely clean with a very pleasant maid service. This resort is accompanied by its two sister resorts; Suites, and Grand. Although these resorts may be ranked higher, after walking up the beach their way, there is no question that Iberostar Beach resort has the best beach BY FAR. We spent a lot of time around the pool area, where we got to know a lot of the staff. The beach bar and the pool bar both have exceptional bartenders; Rayon, Chris Rock, and Floyd. Around the pool deck we also got to know a fabulous waitress named Lovene. We also developed a strong connection with our server from the buffet; Milton. All the staff is extremely kind, and helpful, but the most incredible part of this resort is the entertainment team. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the entertainment team could not stop making us laugh. This resort has the best entertainers we have ever encountered. Some key contributors to our extraordinary vacation were Thunder, Breezy, Champagne, Tutsiroll, Smiley, Angel, Danica and Raphael. These people went out of their way to talk to every guest on the resort. All of these entertainers made a point of knowing the names of the majority of all the guests and constantly greeted everyone with the most inviting smiles. The entertainment constantly had an activity for the guest to participate in, new activities starting every half an hour. The people at this resort made everyone feel like family. I would highly recommend this resort to travellers of all ages. We have never had more fun on a vacation and if and when we return to Jamaica, it will most definitely be to this resort!!!!

Ally and Tori

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Alex H
Dear guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for selecting our hotel. We appreciate the time taken to share your lovely experience and as such once again we thank you! We are delighted to hear that your time spent with us at our beautiful resort was thoroughly enjoyed. We work relentlessly as a team to provide a clean and relaxing environment with delicious food for you and all our valued customers, therefore each time our desired result is achieved we are overjoyed. We are happy you enjoyed the exceptional services offered by our committed staff and we will pass on commendations to all, especially those mentioned by names. Here at the resort we do our utmost to ensure that each family member leaves knowing their time was well spent hence they return to visit the us again in the future. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we anticipate your next visit!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I take yearly vacations to escape the stresses of work and the all-inclusive feature and perhaps the resulting inebriation must have led to the positive reviews that I have read for this property. On one of my many visits to the front desk the employees were actually arguing with each other over one employee's feelings of being disrespected by the other. The argument was so heated I thought a fight was sure to ensue. A female employee had to physically separate the two men. I asked for a screw driver from the front desk, and luckily, my girlfriend and I were in the room for an hour and a half preparing for an event. Lucky because we didnt waste vacation time waiting for the screwdriver. Unfortunately, the screwdriver came the next day; that's right, nearly 24 hours and five requests later and there was neither an apology or explanation. Also, when I went to lodge a formal complaint at 5 pm on a saturday I was told that the manager was not there, wouldnt be back for hours, and no one was available in their absence. What? How can a resort manager be missing at all? Also, it wasnt just the nonchalant attitude about a screwdriver. Dinner reservations, room service, bus rides, etc. They were appalingly late for everything! At four-star prices? They don't care about your time or your vacation, only your money. If you take your well-earned vacations seriously, spend your money somewhere else. Trust me! I booked elsewhere as soon the remaining days of my vacation were available two days after I checked into Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. The service is absolutely horrible!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank R G
Dear Guest,
The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. At Iberostar we are committed to offer excellent service; regrettably based on your review you were inconvenienced, therefore kindly accept our humble apologies for the challenges you encountered. Requests made by our valued guests are handle in a timely manner however unfortunately you have experienced otherwise and we are sincerely sorry. We are stunned as it relates to your comment on employee arguing at the front desk; our staff is friendly and work well with each other and we have never before received a complaint of this nature. We assure you this is not the standard of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort and we will take the necessary measures to ensure we do not have a repeat of such inappropriate display. I am sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to speak with a manager and for future reference you can always communicate to Guest Service who will arrange for you to meet with a manager if you so desire. We hope your perception of Iberostar was not tarnished as we care tremendously about each of our valued customers. We work relentlessly each day offering top notch services thereby contributing to wonderful vacations. We will remain hopeful that you will visit again and rediscover the true service offered here at our beautiful resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,781 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!