“Positive”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A good resort, beach is not very long but nice,would wish for a thicker layer of sand, would be nicer and softer to walk on. Also if there were a pace for a few more palapas to create shade for those who can't be out on the sun. Food is not bad , more variety of fish and fruit/vegetable would be good. Beach BBQ could be better-taste,variety- Staff is very efficient and friendly, loved this resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ludmila G
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate the time taken to share your review; thank you. Your comments regarding the beach and the cabanas are noted and we will do our utmost to improve where possible; we apologize if you were inconvenience in any way. The BBQ is normally geared towards the jerk items and the buffet is normally open as well for a wider variety of fish, fruits and vegetables; nonetheless we acknowledge your comments and will forward to the relevant department. We are happy you loved our resort and we will commend our efficient and friendly staffs, we are proud to have them as members of our team. Thanks to you again for choosing IBEROSTAR and we hope we will have the pleasure to extend welcome to you again for another vacation.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Perfect family vacation. People were so polite, great food and dancing 24/7. Jadeem ,Maria AKA,Champagne, and many many more, we will miss you :(( It was our first time in Jamaica and we loved it a lot. I will def. recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: try to get rooms on 3rd or 4 th floor. The view is amazing!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Anastasia B

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your past vacation. It brings us great pleasure knowing you had a prefect family vacation. We thank you for taking a moment to share your kind review. We will commend Jadeem, Maria and all our hard working staffs for the excellent jobs they continue to do. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we are very grateful that it will not be your last time visiting Jamaica; we look forward to your return visit. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We just got back from vacation and wanted to let people know that we had a wonderful time there! We've been to 7 resorts in the last 5 years, and this is the first time that I felt I had to post a review because not to recognize the hotel and people would just seem wrong.

Room

We stayed in room 1414, which had a pool and ocean view. While some of the reports from others here indicated it was loud at times, I'm not sure I'd say the same that at all. There's someone that's on a microphone running activities in the late morning (11am) and they tend to go until about 5pm. For us, we were either there or on the beach - so that was no issue. Some nights they had events on the beach which went from about 9 pm to about 11pm. In the event that we wanted to go to bed early, we just used earplugs. I'm VERY sensitive to noise, and I had no troubles whatsoever sleeping whenever I wanted to. All other times if the door was closed you couldn't hear a thing going on. One thing I liked here was a second set of doors between the door going outside and the bedroom. This silenced things like people talking or closing doors outside, and I found that if I went to bed after 11pm, I didn't event need earplugs. That's a first for me at any resort!

The room was quite nice. The air conditioning had no troubles keeping it at 22.5 Celsius (which is my preferred temperature). There was lots of channels on the TV in case that's your thing, including movie channels which consistently had good movies playing. The bar wasn't stocked often enough, especially water bottles. A quick call to guest services at 1515 solved that whenever we needed. Unlike other hotels we've been to, room service was prompt and they have a good menu of things in case you don't feel like going out. The bed was comfortable, and the sheets were clean and crisp every day.

My only complaint here would be the oddly hard time it was getting bottled water. Like I said, it takes all of 30 seconds to call 1515 and ask for some, so really... not a big issue. Just odd.

We did tip the maid every day between 2 and 5 dollars. The room was spotless when we got back every time, even on a day we forgot to tip.

Absolutely outstanding to a person. There was not one person that wasn't happy to talk and do their job. If I could, I would list everyone I talked to while I was there, but that's not really possible. Some of the people that stood above and beyond the amazing people we met were:

Restaurants - Kadeem, Dwane, Travis, Melvin and Conrad. There were others that we met as well which were just as amazing, however once we connected with a few people we tended to just keep going back to their areas each meal. These people were warm, welcoming and fast with service. I don't think I'll ever forget them.

Animation team - Breezy, Tootsie Roll and Tinkerbell were the main people that we interacted with, and they were amazing (the other animation people were incredible too, but we didn't participate in their activities much). . Tootsie Roll's trash talk elevated everyone's game and he took it as good as he gave it :)

Bar - I don't drink much, but when I needed to, Steve a the beach bar was always friendly and fast. They had a large selection of liquor, including some decent quality items... not the best that I've seen but it was more that adequate!

Front desk - Anthony was incredible from the start. He was friendly, polite, fast. We paid for a garden view and he was able to give us an ocean view. While I certainly understand hotels cant always do that, they certainly dont have to. I really appreciate Anthony for that alone.. however it was little things like him helping us any time we asked, remembering our names... even being so kind with each interaction which made this person memorable.

I'm a vegetarian and I had a wonderful time there. There was no shortage of options from healthy to junk food - and all of it tasty.... too many things to list here really but trust me, you will like it. There's the usual room you can eat in, but we liked eating outside, at the corner where we had a beautiful view of the ocean and beach.

Breakfast

They have things like an omelet station that you can make custom eggs and omelets, a waffle station for fresh pancakes and waffles, as well as the usual fresh breads (crispy crusts), fruit, hash browns, veggies, freshly made juices from a blender (my favorite was cucumber and ginger). Their coffee was the best I've had at any resort.

Lunch / Dinner

They had the standard themed nights with different sorts of foods. There was never an issue finding things that I loved. If you get bored, they have a steak house which I heard is amazing, a sushi house which is supposed to be really an experience as well as a cajun house, which we went to. The food was really quite good, and the service amazing. Most of the drink selections were good (the house wine was not so good though).

The beach

Depending on the day the ocean was either like a swimming pool, or quite agitated with sand and seaweed in it. It all had to do with the wind. When the wind came in it would stay for a few days. It was cooler, which made for better volleyball games... but not so good for snorkeling. When the wind was calm, the waves and seaweed died down and it was like a swimming pool. If you like to snorkel, bring your stuff with you. they have rock formations just off the beach that have a lot of fish. Some of the more interesting things we saw were puffer fish, what I thought was a scorpion fish, sea cucumbers, various flatfish. There were what appeared to be upside down jelly fish lying on the sand a ways out (say about 6 feet deep of water)... they were not in the areas where people were standing. There is a natural reef about 1 km off the coast which absorbs much of the waves coming in, so for the most part the waves were small even when it was windy.

If you like walking on the beach there's probably about 1-2 km of length between the dock and the rocks at iberostar grand. There's quite a few rocks on the beach of the Iberostar suites hotel which was sometimes painful.

My only real complaint for the hotel would be here at the beach though. They would have weddings which had fires as well as tables and the like. While that's annoying at times (stopping volleyball) we would find sharp pieces of burned wood in the sand after. We kept pulling more and more out, but they were buried of course, and people would "find" them by stepping on them while playing. Sometimes it hurt. Even worse, there were clips all over the place (plastic clips to keep table cloths on tables about 8 CM long which had some sharp corners). I cut my feet on one, and pulled 6 off the volleyball court that I found.

I'd like to make it clear that I was up a few times at 5:30 in the morning and the grounds keepers were amazing at raking and cleaning the beach each and every morning for all of us to enjoy. I know they work hard - they were friendly too. I'd just like to see them be a little more careful cleaning up after weddings is all.

We would absolutely recommend this hotel to our friends and family. Thank you all for making this a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank geoff w
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to extend our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel as your past vacation destination. We appreciate the time taken to share your detailed review and we are very grateful you felt compelled to share; thank you. IBEROSTAR is committed to providing excellent services and the happiness of our valued customers is always at the forefront of whatever we do; as such we work assiduously each day to ensure we achieve our desired goal. We are very thankful for your warm review and will share with our dedicated staffs as certainly they will be motivated by your wonderful remarks. We will commend all members of our team especially those mentioned by names.

Kindly accept our humble apology if you were out of bottled water; we are thankful Guest Service assisted with your request. In regards to the volley ball area and cutting your feet kindly accept our heartfelt apology for the inconvenience caused and I hope you have recovered fully. The fire is not lit directly on the beach as the bonfire is normally built on a metallic support at the bottom so as to ensure nothing is left in the sand, nonetheless we have note your comments and will forward to the relevant department so as to ensure this can be reviewed and corrected if necessary. Thanks for sharing the information regarding the plastic clips we will ask the our team to be very careful in removing these items so as not to have a repeat of this incident. We are very grateful that you did not allow this isolated issue to encumber your vacation at our beautiful Resort.

Thank you for recommending our hotel; the gesture is highly appreciated. We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure to extend welcome to you again for another vacation. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSATR Rose Hall Beach and for taking the time to share your kind review. Thank you!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

From the moment we set foot in the door to our departure the service was top notch (thanks Dean, Julius and all of the other fantastic and hard working staff!!!!).

You should know:
-The other Iberostars in the resort area are off limits, which basically means less a la carte options.But the beach at Rose Hall Beach was much better than the others- sandy and not rocky,
-Rooms were spacious and clean- pillows and bed terribly uncomfortable though..
-Make sure to tip your staff! They work hard and you'll be rewarded for your appreciation.
-The mini bar is stocked every other day and only includes 3 beers and 3 bottles of water, plus a few sodas.
-Water and food were totally fine at the resort and airport- no reason to worry about it making you ill.
-The ocean view upper floor rooms are worth the extra money. Despite the other reviews that say its not-better view by far.
-The a la carte restaurants are partially self serve and the food (apps and desserts) at the steakhouse and the cajun restaurants are the same as the buffet.
-The Japanese restaurant was fantastic!
-Go to the omelette bar at breakfast- skip the watery eggs.
-There are two excursion booking areas- make sure to check out both before booking.
-When booking excursions make sure to ask about travel time and check if it's realistic. The tour agent said our horse riding tour was 4 hours rt. It was really 7hrs rt;
-The weather was supposed to be rain the entire time and every day was beautiful!

Room Tip: Ocean view and upper floor!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aubrae W

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate the time taken to share your warm review and as such once again we wish to extend our gratitude. We are thrilled to hear about your experience and we are very grateful you had a wonderful time. Your comment regarding the bed and pillows was noted and we wish to extend our apologies for the discomfort experienced. We are thankful that you appreciate the view from your room and that you enjoyed the food and above all the top notch services provided by our fantastic staffs. We will commend Dean, Julius and all our hardworking staffs for the remarkable jobs done. Thanks to you again for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to the next time we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Amazing staff, amazing food, gorgeous views, excellent pool and overall experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The event staff, bartenders and servers made the experience incredible. Big shout out to Breezy, Sunshine, Smiley, Neil, ebony, Barbie, and every other staff member. Everything including the amazing hotel, staff, and weather made Jamaica outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank Dustyv2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel. It brings us great pleasure knowing you had a wonderful vacation here with us. We thank you for taking a moment to share your wonderful review. We work assiduously each day to ensure all our value customers are having a wonderful experience and as such we are very grateful each time our desired result is achieve. We are proud of our staffs and the way they represent our company; we will commend them, especially those mentioned by names. Thank you and we hope to see you again for another vacation.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hotel room not as it appeared online. Mini bar was lousy and stocked with only beer and pop. You had to charter a Taxi to leave the compound. You couldn't walk anywhere. The only thing I liked was the friendly staff members who work very long hours and not paid sufficiently.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jenni W
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. Firstly, kindly accept our humble apologies if you were disappointed with your room. I am very sorry however regrettably your statement as it relates to the room is somewhat ambiguous as the pictures are actual photographs of the room. The minibar has a standard stocking of water, beer and sodas and we are truly sorry if you were disappointed. We are grateful that you acknowledge and appreciate the services provided by our friendly staff. IBEROSTAR value each employee and we are aware that our staffs are essential asset to our organization and as such they are highly catered for. Thank you for taking the time to share you review and we hope you will visit again and rediscover the impeccable services that we offer here at IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Its rated 4 star, but I would give it 5 for extra courteous service.
I just came back from my 7 nite stay. This hotel is simply perfect. I usually don't write reviews but this one truly deserves.
Staff was always friendly, respectful and courteous. Rooms were comfortable and very clean. Pool was a little dated but still looks awesome. There were guys cleaning the beach each morning. Vendors could be seen a few times (morning and evening) on kayaks trying to sell handicrafts, but they are friendly and just move if you say you are not interested. They did have some cool stuff though. We also took a free shuttle to the rose hall shopping village, but it was ok, not that great. You can buy similar stuff at the airport also. They also have free shuttles to many other places.
The photographers at the beach and hotel keep taking your pictures but their package was $105 for 10 pics on cd, so we had to go for 10 photos. Dwight and Wayne took some cool pictures. Prudence (waitress) at the buffet was really nice and went out of her away to make us comfortable.
The chefs in buffet were always willing to make vegetarian dishes per my need. Servers knew what type of drinks my family likes each day. I didn't go to other restaurants since we have a naughty two year old.
Make sure to book your round way taxi thru hotel since it will be cheaper than if you take from airport yourself and will be much nicer. We took a taxi from the airport ourselves and it was $5 more and was horrible with no AC.
The hotel has some folks that try to have daily activities for fun for all including beach ball sports. Theater was also fun for couples and family. Once they had a pirate show with activities on the beach and my kid loved it.
Will surely return!!!!

The only issue we had was at the immigration t the airport. there was a huge line and it took 1.5 hrs. And if you make a mistake on your form, then make you step away and go get the pen, fix it and then come back to your spot. With a little hungry, sleepy kid it was so frustrating. But it was not the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: Room 1334 was good with a king bed, oceanfront. Book taxi through the hotel for roundtrip- will sav...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to express our gratitude to you for choosing our resort for your past vacation. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are grateful knowing your 7 nights stay was so wonderful that you felt compelled to share your review. Our staffs are genuinely friendly and providing excellent services is always a top priority. We will commend our entire team for the remarkable contribution they all made towards your vacation. Our chefs are very proficient and as such they cater for many dietary needs and preference. We are thankful that everyone assisted you very well therefore leaving you with a lasting impression.

We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with the taxi you took from the airport and our humble apologies are extended on the behalf of the immigration at the airport. We are happy you did not allow these experience to impaired on your perception. We look forward to your return as it will be our pleasure to extend welcome to you again. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!