“I love this place”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 June 2014

What a great place to stay, Everything was always at arms reach. The food was excellent and the staff was awesome. I had a issue with my tv in my room, it was a tube tv and I went to the front desk to ask about a flat screen so I could connect my laptop to it for movies. They said No problem "Mon" lol, when I returned from breakfast I had a new tv and they set the time on the clock how great is that. I recommend all to stay here the best experience you can have in Jamaica if you ask me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. It brings us great pleasure to hear about the marvelous experience you had here with us and as such we wish to express our gratitude to you for the time taken to share your review. We are happy to hear that you put through your request and you were assisted effectively. Thank you for recommending our beautiful resort, the gesture is highly appreciated. We hope we will have the pleasure to extend welcome to you again for another vacation. Thanks!

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the property for my cousins wedding this weekend. I'm a Jamaican and I've stayed at many hotels in the island and Iberostar beach has been the most disappointing. Rooms were veeerrrrry stink and are clearly not well maintained. Once you are not a tourist, don't expect to be treated as a paying customer but rather, expect to be treated as if you paid no money at all and you are an inconvenience in their establishment. I found the restaurant staff very pleasant but the front desk staff was horrible ! I notice even in the reviews that are responded to by management here on trip advisor, it's like a generic response which is extremely unacceptable. People save for months, some for years for a vacation and come and get a room like smells like mould and have terrible experiences and the response is almost exactly the same for every issue ! I'm seeing reviews dating back to 2012 with the same issues I had this weekend which is 2 years later! Is it that your establishment doesn't care about people's issues ? Why aren't they fixed ?

I will never go back here ! I have family that comes to Jamaica all the time and old college friends and I will never recommend this place. Definitely not value for money! I'm embarrassed that these Spanish people come and setup business in Jamaica and give the country a bad name as most bad reviews I saw, were from people from overseas !

Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank Sammiebrandt

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are mortify to hear about your experience and we wish to extend our humble apologies. Our rooms are thoroughly cleaned always and our property in general is highly maintained so as to uphold our standards and cater for the desires of our guest adequately. Your description of your experience is appalling and does not represents IBEROSTAR or the services offered in any way. Our staffs are genuinely friendly and takes great pleasure in assisting all our valued customers both local and international. Generic response I agree is totally unacceptable as each review varies in its own way; though the beginning of each response elucidates gratitude to each of our valued customers, the body of the response is always geared towards the review.

The satisfaction of our customers is always top priority and as such we do our utmost to assist the best possible way. Regrettably your experience was one of disappointment and we are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience experienced. I can assure you that IBEROSTAR is a company committed to providing exceptional services and as such we hope your perception will change. For future reference it is also imperative that you share whatever concern you may have while on site so as to ensure you are assisted in the best way possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope you will visit again and rediscover the true services of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our group of 26 stayed here for a week for a wedding vow renewal. This is my third time in Jamaica but my first in Montego Bay. The resort was beautiful. The rooms were nice. The food was WONDERFUL. We have stayed at many all inclusives and this was in the top 3 for sure. I loved that the lobby and buffet were air conditioned. The lobby bar made the best drinks but I found the service to be outstanding throughout the resort. The beach was nice and there were always plenty of chairs. None of that chair saving business went on. Downsides: I wish WIFI was free or at least for an hour or so a day or at least in the internet lounge. I know it is vacation but some people need to check on their jobs, kids, pets, etc. I hate the card/pool towel game so I chose not to use it. I know many resorts use this, I just don't need the stress. Room service took quite a while and pick up of dishes took even longer but I realize it is a big resort. The entertainment staff was top notch.. Loved seeing them everyday.. Shout out to Smiley for beating my son TWICE at beer chugging.. Hugs to Gummi Bear and Tootsie Roll too. You guys were great and made it so fun. I never met an uphappy worker at this property. I think they all were wonderful folks... I hope to be back someday... Many thanks for a great vacation.

Room Tip: we chose an ocean view to see the beauty closer up...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank tracyaKansas

Dear Guest

On behalf of the Management and all our staff members, we would like to extend our sincerest gratitude for your kind words in regards to your vacation at IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach.
It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services.
While we are committed in providing an ambience which satisfies our guests’ requirements, we sincerely regret if the circumstances mentioned may have affected your vacation experience and your perception of our hotel. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience which you may have encountered due to such.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback, and for choosing to vacation here with us. We sincerely hope that we will once again be given the opportunity to welcome you back to IBEROSTAR.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from my fifth time at this awesome resort. From the beach to the food and drinks everything is great. This resort had some of the best staff you will ever meet from the front desk to the bartenders and waitstaff . You will not be sorry if you stay it will be a great time . Cannot wait to return !!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Mish1116

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort wish to extend our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel continuously. We are ecstatic knowing that again you had another awesome experience and we thank you for taking the time to share your review. We will commend our staffs for the exceptional services they continually provide thereby meeting and exceeding your expectations each time you visit. Thanks to you again for making IBEROSTAR your prefer choice and we look forward to your return! Thank you!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our friend recommended this resort for our first trip to Jamaica and we weren't disappointed. We arrived somewhat discouraged during a torrential downpour on May 19th for a 10 day stay, but everything went uphill from there. The food, room, beach, entertainment and amenities all met or exceeded our expectations. But what sets this resort apart from others is its staff. These folks are super friendly. Everyone from the guy pushing the laundry cart down the hall to the front desk staff seem sincerely interested in you having a great stay. It was rare to pass by a staff person and not getting a "hello" or " how are you enjoying your holiday?" These are sincere, hard-working people. I hate singling out anyone because everyone here is so nice and deserves recognition, but Patrice from the beach staff and Tinkerbell from the Star Friends group really made us feel at home. We will be back!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a slight "musky" odour, particularly noticible upon initial entry...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ron C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had a great vacation here with us and that you had an extraordinary experience here at IBEROSTAR Rosehall Beach. It is through communications of this nature that we are able to assess, maintain and deliver the level of services expected from our Hotel. We are delighted that our staff left a positive impression on your visit; we will certainly pass this on to them, as gratitude and compliments show appreciation for a job well done.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and for choosing to vacation with us. We look forward to the next time we will have the pleasure to extend welcome to you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my first time staying at an Iberostar Hotel. The experience was one of the best I've ever had. The hotel was very clean and had all the accomodations needed for our stay. But it was the staff that made this trip awesome!! I'll refrain from naming names for fear of leaving out a whole lot of people. This was a team effort anyway. From the doorman, concierge, to the wait and bar staff (and all those behind the scenes that we didn't meet) they all were welcoming and they created a fun and relaxing atmosphere during our stay!!! The only problem I have is trying to figure out a way to get back there very soon!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper level
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Nikki4277
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort are very grateful that you have opt to give our hotel a chance. We thank you for taking the time to share your uplifting review. We are overjoyed knowing you had a wonderful time here with us and we will commend all our hardworking staffs. We will share your wonderful review with them and we sincerely hope you will solve your only problem soon as it will be our pleasure to extend welcome to you once again. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

best stuff i came across in a while. nice beautiful hotel,did not like the pool closer at night when its 80 and humid out. all the bars close by 1(boooo).dive shop stuff was super capable , knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
2  Thank Shafi A
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your past vacation. We would also like to thank you for taking a moment to share your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your time spent with us and we appreciate your comments. We will do our best to improve where necessary and we hope we will have the privilege to extend welcome to you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!