“Purple Rain Baby!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Weatherford, Texas
“Purple Rain Baby!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We've stayed in several other Iberostar resorts and all were nice and provided a good time, but this resort was e best! Our family if four had connecting rooms which was nice. All of the staff were friendly and outgoing. They were always smiling and welcoming. So many - Tutsie, Smiley, Breezie, Ormanda and all of the wait staff - Duane and Barbara were awesome. We loved all three special restaurants and what can be said about jerked anything? Gotta love it and gotta have more! The food was spectacular. We saw Gummybear finishing up he tie dying on the beach and were sad. She said if we brought her shirts she'd dye them for us. She did as promised and we couldn't have been more happy. Everyone was always accommodating. We didn't have ANY problems ANYWHERE. Angel and the entertainment staff and shows were just that. Entertaining and fun. This is the first place where I wanted to "live" in the Jammin' bar. It was the atmosphere and bartenders. Met the nicest people from other places and it was just a bar I wanted to hang in.

There aren't enough negatives worth anything but I like iced tea and it seemed hard to come by. But you can't leave Jamaica without drinking Purple Rain! OMG - that was my favorite drink and will be forever more! So I guess who needs tea with Purple Rain nearby?

We did the Dunns River Falls trip and Rose Hall Mansion. Both were good trips. Tip for Rose Hall Mansion is to buy tickets online for a discount and take a local cab or find a friend to take you. Going with our local friend made the tour a lot of fun.

Beach was nice. Smaller than other Iberostar beaches, but the incredible food outweighed the smaller beach. No problem mon! All of the beach staff were also nice. Sometimes a long wait at the Dressel counter but they never complained about returning equipment quickly. We didn't do any water trips.

We will be going back. Did I mention Purple Rain?

Room Tip: Beach views not worth it in my opinion unless you're staying in your room a lot. If you're g...
3 Thank pgluke
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to extend our highest gratitude to you for selecting our hotel. We are thrilled to hear about your wonderful experience and we thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are overjoyed knowing that once again we have accomplished the result we desire and as well we have exceeded your expectation especially with the purple rain! We will pass on special commendations to our wonderful staffs and as well we will share your review as I am positive they will be motivated by your kind words. Going to Dunn’s River is always an excellent choice and we are happy you enjoyed both excursions. Thanks to you again for choosing IBEROSTAR and we are happy you had no problems. More purple rain awaits you on your next vacation, as well it will be our pleasure to extend warm welcome to you one more. Thank you!

Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,009)
  • Polish first
London, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

It was a very well maintained resort with very polite staff. There was no entertainment! The food was very good, best Ive had on vacation and I've gone to many resorts in Cuba and Mexico. I loved that there were absolutely no bugs (mosquitos) which is usually a problem for me. The pool bar staff was attentive but that the other bars took a little longer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tropicalgirl81
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for selecting our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you acknowledge and appreciates the services offered by our very polite staffs and we thank you for sharing your review. I am completely astonished as it relates to your ‘no entertainment’ comment as our entertainment team provides a variety of activities each day followed by exciting, interactive and amusing shows at night. We apologize for any delay in service experience by the bar or any inconvenience encountered while staying at the Resort. We hope your perception of IBEROSTAR was not tarnished in anyway as we take great pride in providing exceptional services to all our customers. We hope you will visiting again as it will be our pleasure to welcome you again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was our first trip to Jamaica. We’ve been wanting to go forever!
Our friends have been to this resort before and gave very positive opinions.
We went very last minute (booked Wednesday night, travelled Friday) so we got a good price.

We were celebrating our anniversary and our friends suggested we ask for an upgrade.
They said that they had received free upgrades just for asking.
Well, it didn’t work for us lol
However, we did get a tour of the Suites to see if we would like to pay for the upgrade (which by the way is cheaper than booking the Suites before you go! You can always call the hotel and ask what the upgrade fee is for when you’re going and compare that to booking it directly through a website or travel agent)

We ended up not upgrading because the Beach is amazing.
We got the garden view room which had a beautiful view. We didn’t look onto any other hotel – it was just trees as far as you could see plus a bit of the beach.

The room was great: AC worked, it was clean, and lots of drinks that were restocked daily with whatever you wanted. The fridge isn’t really a fridge but a cooler. So the drinks weren’t super cold. But there was an ice machine on the floor so it all worked out.

If you are a person who NEEDS a hair dryer, might want to bring your own. They provide just a hose that blows hot air but it’s not too strong and the hose gets hot and hard to hold. We didn’t really need it for much so it was ok for us.

Food was amazing, the staff even more amazing. Mexico, Cuba, Domincan have nothing on Jamaican hospitality. Everyone was always smiling, friendly, and seemed generally happy. We didn’t feel like we HAD to tip (even tho we did). It didn’t feel required.

Club – located at the Suites was a lot of fun. Sometimes not as busy but music was great.
Pool – great, no complaints
Beach – amazing! There are 3 man-made coral reefs with a variety of beautiful fish. No need to pay for an excursion. The snorkeling gear is free to use. There were small sting rays, tons of little crabs on the beach, jelly fish too and they do sting but aren’t the bad kind. There is a lifeguard on the beach with a special cream in case you need it. We got stung a couple times but it was no biggie. We also used the kayak which was fun and you can go pretty far out.
Food – all restaurants were great, buffet was really good too (the pasta station where they make it fresh for you is to die for)
Activities – we played ping pong, pool, used the gym which was clean and new-looking, the hotel does lots of different activities everyday so always something fun happening.
Weddings – so many weddings! If you’re thinking of having your wedding here, it looked really nicely done. The staff really seems to put the effort into organizing it.
Excursions – we didn’t do any because they were really expensive and they would not negotiate a better rate. If you’ve travelled to island destinations before, they are mostly the same stuff aside from the Dunn’s River Falls.

We only left the resort once to go to the Rosehall mall which was meh.
Usually we like to leave the resort when we travel because we get tiered of the food or get bored. Not this time though.
I really have nothing bad to say about this place. Before we went, we read the bad reviews. I think those people are the kind to complain about anything and will never be happy because this place was great.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, dont face the pool. Garden view has better view anyway (ask for the side N...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank alekgust
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to extend our gratitude to you for selecting our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your warm uplifting review. It is always a pleasure providing exceptional services to our value customers as we know the contentment of each guest is of vast importance and as such we do our utmost to meet and exceed expectations. As seen in the reviews not everyone experience is as fantastic as we endeavor to achieve nonetheless this is no deterrence for us as we continue to deliver top notch services to the best of our abilities. We are thrilled knowing that you had such remarkable experience here with us and that your time was thoroughly enjoyed. We will share your review and applaud all members of our team for the marvelous jobs they have all done. Upgrades to the Suites hotel is done based on availability on arrival therefore it cannot be guaranteed in advance, consequently for guest who wish to be at the Suites it is advisable to book the Suites directly. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR, we appreciate your support and we sincerely hope we will have the wonderful privileged to extend warm welcome to you again in the future.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 July 2014

our staying at the hotel was very exciting .we fulljoy our vacation at the beach and pool where there was consistent service recieved from staff especially at the pool bar . the bartenders are great especially julious and andrew.on the other hand i must comment kwasi who is at the beach bar for his splended service and hospitality in treating us very good.thank you kwasi for making our vacation worth wile ,we will be back very soon especially for some kwasimoto, sexydrive,and many more of your favourite and tasty drinks.

Room Tip: ocean view
1 Thank john b
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to extend our gratitude to you for choosing our resort. We are very grateful that your time spent with us was enjoyed and we will commend our staffs especially Kwasi for making your vacation enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to share your review; we appreciate very much. We are pleased to hear that you will be retuning and we look forward to extending warm welcome to you on your next visit. Thank you.

Danville, Virginia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had the opportunity to spend six days at this wonderful resort during the month of June 2014. I am pleased to say the good heavily outweighed the bad experiences, but at the cost of the vacation, there should not have been any bad.

We had a party of 16 adults that stayed during this period. Upon arrival on Sunday, we were greeted in a very friendly and professional manner. Nesta (sic) took care of my bags and was generally my friendly greeting each day he was working. He was very helpful and kept a smile on his face each time I saw him.

Upon checking in, the clerk stated I was scheduled for only four days to which I advised him this was not correct. I offered to show him my itinerary but he stated he would review and make the correction. All of my problems incurred with interaction with the clerks in the lobby.

On Monday, I reported that the drinks in my mini bar were not cold. I was told they would have someone check it out. I made the same complaint at least three other times during the week and only on Friday when two gentlemen came to restock the bar was I told that "everybody's bar was the same." On Tuesday, while my spouse was using the iron, the iron literally came apart. A visit was made to the front desk and this problem was never corrected. On Wednesday I was told they would get someone to replace it and assured me I wouldn't have to pay for any damage.

On Wednesday, I was met by the housekeeping supervisor, I was advised that I was to be checking out. She advised me the key to my room probably had been changed. She had me to call 1500 who in turn requested that I come to the front desk to clear up my account as I only paid for 4 days.

I took my receipt from my travel agency with information about my flight and hotel arrangements to the office. I was treated rudely and highly unprofessional. The clerk made what appeared to be several calls, and told me to "go have a seat." This same clerk also advised me that their records indicated I paid only for four days and the problem was with my travel agent. Another couple in our party was having the same problem and they came while I was waiting in the "seat I was told to have." I make reference to the seat, because the manner in which I was told to sit was not in a friendly but seemingly; I was bothering them with "my problem."

After about 15 minutes, the clerk came out and handed me and the other party our itinerary and told us we were o.k. No apology or explanation of what the problem was.

Around 11 p.m. that night the other party I was with called me to state they had been told to bring a credit card to the front office to cover the extra days they were staying. They indicated that I would be getting a call also. Instead of waiting for a call, I went to the lobby to purchase internet time so that I could send an e-mail to my travel agent. When I went downstairs, no one questioned me about the room or my credit card.

Upon returning to my room, I used my laptop computer to begin sending the e-mail when the fire alarm sounded in the building. I immediately shut down the computer and entered the hall with other tenants some who said no one answered the phone in the lobby.

I have been diagnosed with severe COPD, however, I chose to use the exits rather than the elevator since there was a fire alarm. Upon reaching the front desk a gentleman who seemed irritated said there was no problem, just a technical difficulty. I advised him I was trying to use the internet and had to stop because of the alarm. I asked him to initial the paper he had given me in case my time had expired. He was very confrontational and kept insisting that I go back and see if I had a problem signing on. I tried to point out that I only wanted assurance that if the connection continued while I was downstairs I would be reimbursed. He finally basically threw another connection and password to me. Upon reaching my room, I was able to send me e-mail.

On Thursday, the other party that was having problems was told to bring their invoice back so I went with them and carried mine. The clerk requested they give him their invoice to check so I asked if they needed mine also. It was only then that I was advised they had received confirmation that I was cleared for the full stay. NO ONE had notified me that the issue had been resolved, let alone apologizing for the mix up which never was mine and later I was told the hotel had not invoiced US Airways properly.

Other than these two and a half days of frustration, I had one of the greatest vacations in my life. As stated earlier, Nesta (sic) was awesome. Jean and others in housekeeping for the fourth floor were very courteous. Yanni(sic) in the Jambalaya restaurant was super. Barbara and Kadeem should be given a promotion immediately if I had a vote for their services and friendliness in the buffet eating room. The door ladies, the other staff were really great.

On Thursday, while I was still fuming about the problem in the room, I accidentally (like an idiot) went swimming with my cell phone in my pocket for about a half an hour. When I recognized it, I immediately went to the buffet room where I was given some rice and told how to try and save my phone from damage. Returning to the pool area, the lifeguard came over and made sure the phone was wrapped properly trying to save it. The result was that upon returning to the states my phone had dried out and I left some heroes in Jamaica.

Finally, the Star Friends, especially Angel were the highlights of my vacation. The entertainment day and night was superb.

Room Tip: Staff could have been more attentive to minor problems with mini bar and iron.
4 Thank wtflippen
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. Firstly, let me take this opportunity to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience with regards to your reservation. We are surprised to hear that you were not assisted in a professional and polite manner as it is customary to extend apologies and assist our value customers with much courtesy in circumstance such as mentioned. We are truly sorry about the discrepancy and we will forward your comments to the relevant personnel so as to ensure adjustment can be made to prevent any reoccurrence of such situation. As it relates to the mini bar this is a cooler hence items are not ice cold nonetheless items should be cool. In the event mini fridge is not cooling at all, once reported it should be corrected with urgency, likewise with the Iron. IBEROSTAR is committed in providing exceptional services and as such we aim to always please our customers, therefore if an error is reported same warrants immediate attention. Regrettably, as per your review you were not assisted with urgency and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience experienced.

Notwithstanding, we are very grateful that you were able to move pass the inconvenience and enjoy your vacation. We will pass special commendations on to Nesta, Jean, Yanni, Barbara, Kadeem and the Star Friends for the excellent services offered thereby allowing you to have ‘one of the greatest vacation’ in your life. We are happy to hear that your phone recovered from the 30 minutes swim it had. IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort appreciates the time taken to share your review and we hope we will have the opportunity to extend welcome to you again in the future.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The stay was great but a couple of thing annoyed us and that was not getting served when it was our turn in the bar and reception , it seamed to us and the few other English people that were staying, that other nationalities got more prefarential treatment .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to extend gratitude to you for selecting our hotel. We are thankful to hear that your stay was great. IBEROSTAR values each and every customer and we offer the same exceptional services to all. Kindly accept our humble apologies for any delay in service experience while at that Bar and we are truly sorry that you felt other nationalities had preference however I can assure you there is no preference in nationalities. We hope you will not allow this misunderstanding to impair on your perception of IBEROSTAR. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kalamazoo MI
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was my second stay at this property and I must say that I was another good vacation. I am a travel agent and I stay at many resorts during the year and my most recent stay was a good one. I would be remiss if I didn't give acknowledgement to the Kids club staff Tinker bell and Gummy Bear, they truly made this vacation fun for my daughter.
The food was good. I enjoyed the buffet more that the specialty restaurants. The room was clean, my only downside was that my room seemed to be cleaned late every day. It was closer to 5:00pm which was a little inconvenient.
The drinks and the entertainment were also good along with the drinks. I would like on my next trip to experience the GRANDE and Suites property.

1 Thank yardie8860
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting our Resort once again. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we are pleased that you have taken the time to experience our property on a first-hand basis. We are happy Tinker Bell and Gummy Bear were able to allow your daughter to have a fun experience; we will applaud them for the remarkable service offered. We apologize for the inconvenience experienced due to your room being cleaned late; for future reference we recommend communicating to Guest Services that you prefer early cleaning therefore facilitating the necessary arrangements. We are very grateful that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for supporting IBEROSTAR. We look forward to extending welcome to you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#18 of 63 in Montego Bay
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!