My husband and I stayed one week with our seven month old and overall it went very well. The rooms are smaller than other all inclusives we've been to, but there's still plenty of space. We were given a roll-away crib, in which our daugther slept wonderfully; which of course instantly made our vacation better.
We tended to eat at the same table on the patio over looking the sea at the buffet for breakfast and lunch and had excellent service by the waitresses there (Romona and Cassandra). They were always smiling at and talking sweetly to our baby, which of couse made her very happy. The food was great overall and I particularly liked the Cajun restaurant. The 'à la cartes' are 'semi-à la cartes', meaning you have to get you own appetizers and desserts, but that didn't take away from the experince.
The beash was VERY nice and clean, the waves calm and the water warm. There were ALWAYS chairs to sit on and there are many little trees on the beach for shade, which is essential when travelling with an infant and a redhead. The entertainment staff was friendly and didn't push if you said no to an activity. We had great drink service on the beach as well. However, if you like to stroll the beach, this is not the right place to stay as you can only walk the length of the three resorts (Grand, Suites, Beach) with is over in about 15 minutes and you're not allowed to cross onto the Grand beach if you have a child. That was diappointing since walking in the stroller was almost the only way to get our child to nap!
There wasn't a time-share gimick meeting and no annoying vendors selling crap on the beach. There is a shuttle to the ROSE HALL SHOPPES, but the selection and prices are better at the airport. We did the Dunn River Falls Climb (baby in a carrier) and Dolphin Encounter and have a great time with our baby girl.
My husband booked a massage for me at the Grand and it was very relaxing and extermely professional. However, compared to CDN spa prices, it was pretty $$$ ($115+tax for 1 hour).
A major disappointment was one night we couldn't sleep as we kept hearing furniture moving and the front desk / guest services treated us like we were making it up. Only when I said I wanted to be reimbursed for that night did they jump into action; they offered for us to change rooms, but with a sleeping baby and having been there four nights already we weren't willing to pack it all up in the middle of the night. I kept asking if something special was going on in the buffet below us and I was repeatly told no. Thankfully around 1:00 it finally stopped. We found out the next morning flights had arrived late and there were people eating in the buffet DIRECTLY below us, so avoid that room if you can. Also, be sure to follow the WiFi instructions or you'll be wasting your money.
Overall, we had a wonderful relaxing must-needed vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Booking.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay