“Nice all inclusive”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Nice all inclusive”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here in June and had a wonderful time. There is plenty of shaded seating on the beach and enough food and drink options. We especially enjoyed the day they served a lunch buffet on the beach. The staff was efficient and friendly and the rooms and grounds were clean and well maintained.

My only complaint is that we were with a wedding party that held their wedding at the adjoining Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We decided not to stay at the Suites because it was a getaway without our young children and we heard that the Suites had many more children. Despite clearing in advance that it wouldn't be a problem, the front desk staff at the Rose Hall Suites was VERY rude to us when we were trying to attend the wedding. Honestly, given that we were paying customers at the adjoining hotel and the bride & groom paid for each and every guest to be at the wedding (regardless of whether they were staying at the hotel or not) - it was one the worst customer services experiences I have had. Left me very glad I was staying at the Rose Hall Beach Hotel and NOT the more expensive Suites.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our resort. Kindly accept our gratitude as well for taking the time to share your review. We are grateful knowing you had wonderful experience. We will commend our staffs for the friendly and efficient services offered. We are truly sorry to hear about your experience at the Rose Hall Suites and our humble apologies are extended on their behalf. This is not a true depiction of the Suites and as such we hope your perception will change. Once again, thanks for selecting IBEROSTAR and we hope to extend welcome to you again for another vacation. Thank you.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,023)
  • Polish first
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I just booked our third return trip to the Iberostar Beach and will begin counting down the days immediately! I love this place, as do my older teenagers (17-19) and my mom (72). The rooms, service, animationn team (Happy, Thunder, Sunshine to name a few) and bartending staff (Standard!) are top notch! Can't wait to see it all again...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KimmyK30
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel once again for your forthcoming vacation. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your pass vacation experience review. We are happy you enjoyed your pass vacation here with us by making the most of our beautiful property and the remarkable services provided by our hardworking staff.

Thanks to you again for choosing IBEROSTAR and we are delighted that we will be given the privilege to extended welcome to you gain. We anticipate your next arrival.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have stayed at quite a few all-inclusives in a number of countries, but for us this was overall the best. The room (2nd floor, west wing, pool and ocean view) was very comfortable without being ostentatious, nice balcony, quiet A/C disabled by opening the balcony window (we generally prefer open windows in place of A/C). Very good king-size bed. We had some noise from a big wedding one night, but we closed the window and slept with A/C and a blanket. I won't repeat the previous few reviewers, since food, drinks and pool were uniformly excellent, and the staff were uniformly kind, efficient and polite (in contrast with the airport experience ...).

I especially recommend the catamarans. Rose Hall Beach Hotel has five (the other Rose Hall Iberostars have their own). They are well maintained, with good sails. Demand for them was not great, and we easily got extra time on them. The lagoon is quite large, but there are shallow bits you soon learn about. No tides. The beach is excellent, as the other reviewers note, but this is not like Punta Cana for beach walking. The hotel is relatively compact, so you don't have to walk far for anything. The Caribbean restaurant was best (the duck is to die for), the others are not that much better than the main buffet, which is very good.

We did the combined "Bob and Falls" tour in one day (Tropical Tours). Beware of guides who may pull you too hard if you slip on the Falls ... The Bob Marley tour shows you a good slice of the interior. Take note of warnings about the strength of brown cakes ;-)

This hotel is the cheapest of the three, so if you are seeking more refined company, you probably need to go to the others.

This is tipping hotel, but the staff were discreet about it and grateful.

The weather was excellent, much less humid than other Caribbean locations I have been to.

Room Tip: Third floor probably better.
2 Thank TurystaSwiatowy
Dear Guest

We're thrilled to read that you had a wonderful vacation at our resort. We always work tirelessly to create an incredible and memorable experience for our guests and it's wonderful to know that both our goal and your expectations were met during your stay.

Thank you for complimenting the food, pool, room, drink and the resort amenities in general as we take great pride in the service we offered to ensure our guest are having a great time in a well maintained environment. Our entire hardworking and friendly staff will be thrilled base on your compliments as they have delivered another experience that have left indelible footprints and will be cherished forever.

Your candid comments are certainly appreciated and the management team and staff would like to thank you once again for your choosing to be guest of the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Hotel.

It is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and we hope that when returning to Jamaica, you will give us the opportunity to host you once again.

Regards,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I stayed one week with our seven month old and overall it went very well. The rooms are smaller than other all inclusives we've been to, but there's still plenty of space. We were given a roll-away crib, in which our daugther slept wonderfully; which of course instantly made our vacation better.

We tended to eat at the same table on the patio over looking the sea at the buffet for breakfast and lunch and had excellent service by the waitresses there (Romona and Cassandra). They were always smiling at and talking sweetly to our baby, which of couse made her very happy. The food was great overall and I particularly liked the Cajun restaurant. The 'à la cartes' are 'semi-à la cartes', meaning you have to get you own appetizers and desserts, but that didn't take away from the experince.

The beash was VERY nice and clean, the waves calm and the water warm. There were ALWAYS chairs to sit on and there are many little trees on the beach for shade, which is essential when travelling with an infant and a redhead. The entertainment staff was friendly and didn't push if you said no to an activity. We had great drink service on the beach as well. However, if you like to stroll the beach, this is not the right place to stay as you can only walk the length of the three resorts (Grand, Suites, Beach) with is over in about 15 minutes and you're not allowed to cross onto the Grand beach if you have a child. That was diappointing since walking in the stroller was almost the only way to get our child to nap!

There wasn't a time-share gimick meeting and no annoying vendors selling crap on the beach. There is a shuttle to the ROSE HALL SHOPPES, but the selection and prices are better at the airport. We did the Dunn River Falls Climb (baby in a carrier) and Dolphin Encounter and have a great time with our baby girl.

My husband booked a massage for me at the Grand and it was very relaxing and extermely professional. However, compared to CDN spa prices, it was pretty $$$ ($115+tax for 1 hour).

A major disappointment was one night we couldn't sleep as we kept hearing furniture moving and the front desk / guest services treated us like we were making it up. Only when I said I wanted to be reimbursed for that night did they jump into action; they offered for us to change rooms, but with a sleeping baby and having been there four nights already we weren't willing to pack it all up in the middle of the night. I kept asking if something special was going on in the buffet below us and I was repeatly told no. Thankfully around 1:00 it finally stopped. We found out the next morning flights had arrived late and there were people eating in the buffet DIRECTLY below us, so avoid that room if you can. Also, be sure to follow the WiFi instructions or you'll be wasting your money.

Overall, we had a wonderful relaxing must-needed vacation.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms directly above the buffet in case of late flights because you WILL NOT SLEEP!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KatW1986
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort are grateful you took the time to share you review. We wish to extend our gratitude to you as well for choosing our resort. We are pleased to hear that overall you had a relaxing trip. We will share your comments with our team and commend Romona and Cassandra for taking the time to ensure you, your husband and baby girl had a wonderful time. In regards to walking the beach, we apologize for any inconvenience experienced however since the Grand is adult only , kids walking on the beach is not permitted. Kindly accept our humble apologies as well for the noise disturbance and we are sorry if the Front Desk and Guest Service did not assist efficiently. We will work to improve so as not to have a repeat.

Thanks to you again for choosing IBEROSTAR and we are truly grateful you had a wonderful relaxing vacation. We hope we will have the privilege to extend welcome to you and family again in the future. Dunn’s River is amazing and we are happy you took the time to enjoy one of Jamaica’s most popular excursion. Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We rolled 30 deep on this resort from Toronto. The trip was for a friend's wedding and for those of you getting married, i will touch on that later on in the review.

Once we arrived at the resort from the short transfer from montego bay airport, our bags were quickly unloaded and unlike the other resorts i've been to where the staff hover over your bags, i did not get that here. There were a couple people who had a lot of bags and required porters to take care of their bags, but other than that, i felt free to take my own bag. The check-in was quick and we were greeted with (virgin) welcome drinks. One thing i have to note is that my friend and i (guys) were given a room with one king bed. Another friend of mine who came with his fiance checked in before me and came back down to the front desk because they were given a room with two double beds... my front desk agent quickly made the switch and gave us the appropriate rooms.

The rooms: They were nice, beds were not soft, bathroom was very clean and there was a lot of counter space. The shower was a nice size with a removable shower-head. The water pressure was minimal but it was one of the better ones i've experienced. The water temperature was whatever you wanted it to be no matter what time of day... I was not stuck with taking cold showers during the early evening before dinner. I had a decent sized balcony with two chairs and a table. My balcony overlooked the pool/beach which was very nice. There are two pigeons that live on the wall that separates my room and the one next to me. They did not bother us but i did find the occasional feather in my room. The resort is environmentally conscious in the sense that the air conditioning will turn off if the balcony door is left open. The lights/TV are sensored and turn on if there are people in the room but this feature turned off in the late night hours so if you wanted the tv on for example, you would have to turn it on manually. The air conditioning was COLD! Even with the temperature set at 25 degrees Celsius it got really cold throughout the night. However, one of my friends did mention that the air conditioning in their room was never cold.

The Pool/Beach: Infinity pool with pool volleyball and basketball (2 nets). There was a pool bar as well as a "jacuzzi" type of area for people to sit at. There were a lot of pool noodles available for people to use (take two of them and sit on it, you'll float quite nicely on them). The beach had a lot of trees for shade for those of you who don't want to burn in the sun, but there was also ample space for those of you who want to get your tan on. The beach volleyball court was perfect for a 2's game to go on, even 4's but once you hit 6's the space was too small for it. There are actually lines on the court so there was no need for makeshift boundaries. There were not a lot of peddlers on the beach except for a couple hours before sunset and apparently they are in full effect in the early morning hours (i was never on the beach early enough to confirm this). There were always enough sunbeds around, both on the beach and by the pool.

Entertainment: I didn't get to catch any of the shows or participate in any of the activities except for beach volleyball. I did however, see some of the dance classes on the beach.... I don't know what it was but the dance classes were met with constant technical difficulties - music cut out quite often and it got so bad that they cancelled the class one of the afternoons. The music for the pool area was also cutting out a times.

Bars: RICARDO!!! He was a very entertaining bartender. He was mostly at the lobby bar for the duration of my stay but he did migrate to the theater at times. If you see him, as for his "oasis" drink and his "12-guage" shooter. Andrew was good as well. Kerry-Ann is a funny server from the lobby bar. Drink service at the disco was very slow and one night there was only one bartender.

Food: Due to the delay in arriving the first day, we had a very late lunch/early dinner and the only place open for food was the beach restaurant (Uncle Tony's Steakhouse). Food was ok, the usual salads, fruits, desserts, jerk chicken (jerk sauce is very spicy), rice and peas, and another section of food would change from day to day.

We only went to the dinner buffet twice and the other times we were at the a-la-cartes and wedding rehearsal/wedding dinner. The dinner buffet was pretty good, unfortunately i only had oxtail and patties there once.. which for me is pretty disappointing because i love oxtail. If you are planning on doing the a-la-cartes, my suggestion is to make sure you go to the cajun restaurant... AMAZING food! It didn't matter what you ordered because between the group of 30, everyone enjoyed their choice. Definitely go for the coconut shrimp for the appetizer!! The steakhouse was nothing special, i asked for a well-done rib eye but it came out still a bit pink in the middle. I would NOT suggest going to the japanese restaurant. I got some sort of stomach flu/food poisoning from the japanese food. I don't know if it was from the sushi or the chef who was preparing the food. Two other people who had the sushi also felt sick the next day and had the runs. Me on the other hand, had some of the sushi and the chicken and steak for my main course. Thinking back, i am pretty sure the chef used the same spatula to handle the RAW meat as well as the COOKED meat. I puked all day (which was also the day of the wedding). Mind you other people did not get sick but if you do decide to go to the japanese restaurant, eat at your own risk =P

The Wedding: The wedding coordinator was on point and stayed with the group the entire day from the actual wedding ceremony, to the dinner, to the wishing lanterns at the beach, and then took us to the disco. The ceremony took place on the courtyard which leads to the pool... word of advice, there will be people watching the ceremony, so even with some trees in the backdrop, the photographer/videographer will inevitably capture some half naked people in your memories. The wedding coordinator did at one point ask the on-lookers to relocate themselves.

Miscellaneous: There is a shuttle that takes you to the disco but it is a short walk. There are also shuttles that take you to margaritaville (about 20-30 minutes depending on the driver), shuttle that takes you to the rose hall shops, and a shuttle that will take you to town every hour for shopping.

All in all, it was a decent resort. It was clean, fairly large, great pool, food was good aside from the food poisoning, and if i can't find another resort that i want to try out, i will definitely be back to the rose hall beach.

FYI, there is no free wifi...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort for your past vacation. The time taken to share your review is appreciated; thank you. We are grateful that overall you had a wonderful experience, the wedding went well, the facility was enjoyed and the services provided by our dedicated staffs. We apologized for the inconvenience experienced with the pool music, the slow service in the theatre and the disappointment about not getting oxtail more times. Using the same utensil for the raw and cooked meat is totally unacceptable and this is not a practices that IBEROSTAR upholds. The chefs are highly trained and are well aware that such practice will result in cross contamination, as such already this was discussed with the relevant personnel. This we will review so as to ensure such occurrence is omitted. We are sincerely sorry to hear that you got sick and we hope that you have already recovered fully.

We are overjoyed knowing your perception of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort was not tarnished and once again we wish to extend our humble apologies for all inconveniences encountered. Thanks again to you and the group for choosing IBEROSTAR and we are happy to hear hat you will definitely return. We look forward to extending warm welcome under more favorable circumstances. Thank you.

Courtice, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2014

PROS
-I thought the rooms were great, the bartending staff was amazing and the a la carte restaurants were very good for a resort. The property was very well kept. You could always find shade on the beach and chairs.
CONS
The front desk staff WOW they have no idea what the word customer service means. Worst ever!
Buffet same old stuff everyday. I expected more from this resort. I really have had better at other resorts that cost me a lot less. I wish they had more music playing. I missed that at this resort.. It is not walking distance to anything and cabs are really pricey. But that may be a PRO to some people who don't like to leave the resort.

If you just want to lay on a beach great but this resort compared to other Jamaican resorts seems a little sleepy for me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for selecting our hotel and for taking the time to share your review. We are grateful you enjoyed the bartending service, the a la carte restaurants and the nice shaded beach. Kindly accept our humble apologies for any inconvenience encountered at the Front Desk; I can assure you they are all aware of the term customer service and as well the importance. We are truly sorry to hear that you found the food in the buffet to be repetitive. We have acknowledge your comments and we will evaluate and make changes where necessary so as to better serve our valued customers. Thank you and we hope you will continue to visit IBEROSTAR Resorts.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just came back from the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Montego Bay and me and my boyfriend loved it!

The room: The room was very nice! Loved having a little balcony. Air conditioner was working perfectlyl! The bed was super confortable and really enjoyed watching the international channels! The room was kept super clean. The cleaning lady used to come everyday, do our bed, clean around the mess, ect!

The pool: infinity pool! Loved it. Extremely clean. In the pool there was a bar, fun times while listening to reggae music. Animation was fun!!!

Food and drinks: the food at the main buffet was delicious!!!!! So many choices!!!! Everything i tried was really good! A special thank you to Milton!! He was so friendly and made our dinners very specia!!! We were always looking for him!!
A la carte restaurants were very very very good. Specially the japanese one. It was my favorite. There is a little restaurant near the beach, we used to have lunch there. Not too many choices but it was just ok!
The drinks were amazing. Specially the bob marley drink and the crazy coconut! A special thanks to Dalbert at the pool bar!!!!! We has sooooooo fun!!! He made us tried different drinks, was always in a good mood, smiling, singing. We loved him!!!

The beach: clean, cristal clear water, warm! Amazing!!! You can find some fun activites!! Beach volleybal, kayaks, snorkeling!!!

Excursions: I recommend doing the snorkeling excursion at the hotel. It is only 45$ and they bring you 15 minutes aways from the beach! You spend an hour snorkeling! There is so many colorfoul fishes and the water is beautiful!
I also recommend the Negril excursion as well!!! It was 32$. You leave at 9 am and come back at 9 pm. During the day, you get 3 hours at the most beautiful beach, then you go to jamaican markets to buy souvenirs and you end up going to ricks cafe and watch the sunset!!!
Extremely worth it!!

We loved our trip to jamaica! Thank youIberostar for making our stay unforgetable !!

2 Thank Rebeca Y
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to extend our gratitude to you for choosing our resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your review on trip advisor. It is wonderful knowing you had an amazing experience here with us and we will commend our staffs for their hard work. We are happy your were able to enjoy not only the beautiful facilities of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach but also you used the opportunity to venture out and gain other experiences. It was our pleasure ensuring you had an unforgettable stay and we hope we will have the privilege to give you another amazing experience in the future. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!