“Great place”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 May 2009

This was my first trip to Jamaica, but not the first one in all-inclusive properties. I’ve stayed several times in Riu.
This one is the best. Food is great, beach is very nice. It is located close to the airport.
Rooms are very new and clean. I would stay in Iberostar again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Tanya95
There are newer reviews for Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2009

1. This was the best vacation that Mike and I have, had to date!!
a. The service was Top Notch
b. The Room was upto date and very clean
c. The Reception Desk Employees where friendly and helpful (Check-in wa about min wait)
d. Made reservactions for the resturants of our choice

2. The Emlpoyees of this Resort made us feel welcome to there home.
a. If you can find a reason to complain about this Resort , DO THE PEOPLE OF
JAMACIA A GREAT FAVOR AND STAY AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

3. We did not try to go into the other Resorts Buildings. But I did walk up and down
the beach.
a. Yes. there was a Guard on Duty at the Suite, and the Grand, But at "NO TIME, DID
THEY EVER COME NEAR ME, OR ASK ME TO LEAVE WALKING THE BEACH
AREA ."
b. The Securdity Guard and the Life Guard posed for a picture.

4. The Food was great in all of the Resturants.
a. The Cajan was our favorite.
b. If you can't find something to eat at one of the resturants, then you are too picky!!!

5. The Grounds are beautiful, the sand is med. corse, and the water green/blue clear.
a. Ocean water warm.
b. Can't comment on the pool. because the beach was the place that we stayed all
day!!
c. There are Ladies that serve you drinks of your choice at the beach all day long.
( You never have to leave your beach chair !!)
d. We love to snorkle!! The Man made reef out in front of the Beach Resort was just
great for us.
f. One of the great features of this Resort is the caterymans!!! Go to the Dive Shop
and ask for Tarzan, he is the Man, and will give you a great ride of the Ocean and
history of the Island.
6. There is a Cigar Room.
Music Room
Pool Room
Card Room
Kids Club

We met people from all over the Us and Canada, young and our age, lol!!!! Everyone was having a good time, and enjoying the guest around them. I believe that a great deal of the enjoyment was the athomosphere of the Jamaica People!!!!

I hope the couple that got Married May 2, on the "Beach" reads this message!!! Please send me an e-mail, I have pictures of your wedding that I would love to send to you Free!!!

Anyone that wants to go on vacation to the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resorts, please do not read the bad reviews. If you can't be happy with this resort, then No One can make you happy!!!

I'm sorry that I can't remember all of your new friends at the Iberostar (Marlene, Errol, Alfred, Mechenvie, Val, the Manger, and all the great employees)

We will back next year, and can't wait to get there!!!!!!

8  Thank metro131
Reviewed 15 May 2009

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. I went with my boyfriend, my friend and her husband. We were nervous before we went after reading some bad reviews. There isn't a bad thing that any of us could say about this resort! We loved it! It was our first time in Jamaica, and this resort really made our first experience a great one! The place was beautiful and the customer service was amazing!!! The staff members were amazing - so friendly and helpful! We miss them! We joked that they must have had secret microphones around us b/c literally whenever we said we needed a drink...a waitress would come around the corner asking us what we needed! People complained about the beach and I don't know how...all beaches are different, there is nothing you can do about it...there are trees on the beach which is pretty cool, and provides nice shade, the sand is a little coarse but who cares! That's just the way nature made it! The water was calm, clear and beautiful - and really warm! I had read before going about the no wash cloth situation, and since I know I like wash cloths...I just brought some of my own! It's that easy! Although my friends did end up having wash cloths in their room anyway. They said they would stock our mini-bar every other day, but ours ended up being stocked every day! We were also worried about not getting into the restaurants, reviews said it was hard to get reservations - our suggestion is just try to make them as soon as you get there or first thing in the mornings! We were able to eat at the Hibachi restaurant (LOVED our chef Sabrinia!) and the Steak House and they were both SO good! We ate at the buffet for breakfast and lunch every day and the food was really good - and I'm a picky eater. We ended up just eating at the buffet our last night and were amazed how great the food was!!! They have someone making fresh pasta right there and it was delicious! One day we snorkeled since it was included in our package...we had an hour and they have three rock reefs right off shore at the hotel. In my experience, when snorkeling just off shore like this, you don't normally see much....but we saw so many fish there! It was amazing! We wished we would have stayed longer, and now know for next time that we definitely need to book a longer trip. It was still very relaxing though! We didn't check out the Disco in the suites next door or any of the shows, but we did have drinks at the lobby bar which was great, and at this little bar that had karaoke Saturday and Monday nights, and that was fun. And there are plenty of pretty little spots where you can just sit outside and have drinks. I highly recommend this resort! So don't listen to the bad reviews, just go and enjoy your stay!

6  Thank jem0323
Reviewed 14 May 2009

One word sums it up. AWESOME!!!!
People and service were beyond expectations. Entertainment provided was better than expected. Big Momma, Sunshine, MJ, Lady Ebony, Blade, Adrianna (Bubbles) & Kem-star were spectacular. Both around the pool and in the night club.
Food was exquisite in the buffet. Steak house was perfect. Overall warmth was from the heart and made us feel very special.
The only bad part was there was no 'Honeymoon' package or upgrade offered by the Hotel. Every one else made us feel special.
Thanks.

5  Thank wherewolf
Reviewed 14 May 2009

My friends and I had planned to go to Mexico until the swine flu broke out. US air had banned flights to and from Mexico until the date we were leaving so we decided we would visit Jamaica instead. I had the best time! Jamaicans are so friendly! As soon as we got off the plane into Jamaica we received nothing but kindness, warm smiles and polite conversation. We took a bus from the airport to the resort. The first resort was beautiful, and then the next one was a little nicer, and so on. We pulled up in front of Iberostar and it was literally breathtaking! It was the last stop on the bus and I must say they did save the best for last. I was traveling with 2 girlfriends. We had a room with 2 double beds. Every room has a balcony and our balcony overlooked the garden area, the pool and the beach. We saw every sunset and if we didn’t stay out most of the night at the disco we were watching the sunrise. You will never go hungry or thirsty at this resort and you will never see an unfriendly staff member. The bartenders are so outgoing and friendly you feel as if you have known them for years. There are "star friends" and you see these staff members everywhere. They work the buffets, they are bartenders, they are activity coordinators, they are in the shows at night, it is amazing how well organized things are. The drinks are all wonderful, i highly recommend a Crazy Coconut~ even if you are not a fan of coconut... oh it is delicious! The drinks made in the lobby bars are a little thicker made as opposed to the pool and beach bar. There is nothing watered down about these drinks! Anything you want on this resort is followed by a "no problem mon". The food is out of this world! My friends and I ate at the Hibachi and Steak house restaurants. The Hibachi was good, but the Steak house was better. The buffet is delicious though! There is such a variety of meats, cheeses, Jamaican dishes, American food, etc. Oh, and for all of the omelet lovers out there... they have someone making omelets for you while you wait every morning. I went there with 2 girlfriends. One of us gained 18lbs and the other gained 17lbs staying there for 6 nights. You know what though... it was well worth it and i am going to enjoy taking those pounds off because i will think of the great time i had while gaining those extra pounds! There is a disco at night in the suites building. It was a little club. it was a lot of fun. The drinks continued to flow and they played music you would hear in the United States, it wasn’t the newest music but it was good. All in all, I had a wonderful time and I would highly recommend everyone visiting Jamaica Mon!

5  Thank luscioushopewell
Reviewed 13 May 2009

After reading many reviews and doing a lot of researching, my husband and I decided to visit Jamaica and stay at the Iberostar Beach Resort. WOW! We had stayed at the Iberostar Veradero five years ago and had forgot how great these resorts were.

The people were so friendly and wanting to please, the food was the best we have ever had at a resort and the rooms were clean and modern - everything you could possibly ask for. The beach was what I had read - the sand was coarse and hard to walk on but the water was warm and a crystal clear green. The pool was warm and never too crowded. The beach and pool bar staff and servers were very friendly and accommodating - your glass would barely be empty when they were asking you if you wanted another. I have never had better service anywhere.

There is nothing negative to say about this resort or Montego Bay - we will definitely go back again - next year with the rest of the family.

I want to say hi to Wanda and Ian Faulkner from Bishops Falls, NFLD. Meeting you and hanging out at the beach and pool was alot of fun and a bonus to our trip. Hopefully we will meet up with you again - maybe next year in Montego Bay!!

2  Thank sherrimacquarrie
Reviewed 12 May 2009

This is the best vacation that I ever had. It's only about 15 to 25 mins from the airport. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach is the most beautiful hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in for vacation. Everyone is extremely friendly, and has soo much hospitality. It's the cleanest hotel and is nothing but pure beauty. The garden view is calming and has a zen like quality to me. They greet you with ur first drink called Miami Vice. It's sooo good. Our bell boy Leonard was sooo helpful he was nice enough to show us around the hotel so we wouldn't get lost since it's such a huge place. The food was awesome. Buffet Breakfast was the best breakfast that I had in a long time. I def. reccomend it. They have two pools, Theatres, beach parties, beach dancing, aqua aerobics, catamazan sailing, kayaking, and just about everything. The entertainment crew is one of the very best. Whether your single, married or whatever they make sure that your always having fun. So don't be shy and participate with them. MJ, Bubbles (Adriania), and Big Mama are soo much fun. They will always make u smile and just laugh all the time. Even if you look like a total dork when your ask to dance or whatever. lol! Without those entertainers I would of been totally bored. There is just soo much to do there. I am sooo glad that I didn't stay at the grand or the suites. Everyone else there is completely different. They guard the doors and aren't friendly at all. You have to be escorted to even shop in those hotels. So stupid. I am sure the rooms were nice but it just doesn't have that vibe like Rose Hall Beach. Most of people who stay there always come over to Rose Hall anyway. As far as tips, it's not what they look for. They take their jobs seriously and with pride. Honestly, they truly deserve tips in my opinion. If your looking to go to Dunn's River. I would only do it once. It's amazing. Just be prepared that all they want is tips after it, which the booking agency does not tell you. I will never forget my vacation there and I soo wanna go back again. I give it 10 stars.. :)

5  Thank Sweetcella
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!