We just returned from a week's stay at the Iberostar Beach Hotel. Overall, we had a very good trip. The Iberostar is a beautiful well maintained hotel/resort. I loved the way it was decorated. I wanted to buy the furniture and bring it home! They kept it spotlessly clean.
Room - We had adjoining rooms and they were ready hours before check in. We had great views for ROH. Comfortable sleeping, clean, nice decor...no complaints here.
Beach - We are beach people and this was not the best beach we've been to, however, I preferred the Beach hotel's beach to the other two Iberostars there because of the plentiful shade provided by the trees. The water was seaweedy as mentioned and the snorkeling was so so due to visibility. There were little waves stirred up by the wind while we were there. Water color is green/aqua - very pretty. Liked the vendors on kayaks who had interesting trinkets to sell. Vendors at the end of the beach, off property, were easy to shop with and not too pushy at all.
Pool - big, beautiful infinity pool with outstanding views of the ocean. Good bar scene.
Needed more chairs, hard to get a spot without saving your chair at 6:30 AM.
Food - We liked the food. Been to several AIs and the food here was the best. Lots of variety. The food in the restaurants wasn't that different than the buffet except for the Japanese which we enjoyed although I felt they pandered for extra tips here by singing (yes, I said singing).
Staff - Very friendly, efficient, best staff we've experienced in our five trips to Jamaica or elsewhere for that matter! They couldn't do enough for you, including leave you alone if that's what you wanted.
Drinks - Lobby bar had the best quality and service and great popcorn. Otherwise, the drinks were pretty good overall. I would have liked more fresh bananas in the drinks though, especially since they are grown in Jamaica.
Excursions - Nothing is close to this hotel. It is 25 minutes to Montego Bay, and two hours to Negril. Taxis are expensive. That said, we took a taxi to Doctor's Cave beach (beautiful water, good snorkeling, sea glass there) and the hip strip, including Margaritaville. It was worth it. We also booked a tour to YS falls and the Canopy zipline with Barrett Adventures. I'd take a taxi instead of the tour, pay for the falls and zipline when you get there and save $25 per person. It's a long bumpy ride through the Jamaican countryside, but very interesting. My teenaged kids loved this.
Dressel Divers - My son dove and had a good experience with it.
Great trip! I hated to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Prestigia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay