“Couldn't Fault It!”
Review of Dowgill House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Otley
Dowgill House
Ranked #2 of 6 Otley B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Couldn't Fault It!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Dowgill House is a charming B&B in the Centre of Otley operated by two very friendly and welcoming owners.

We were heading to Ascot Ladies Day at the Roebuck, so the B&B made every effort to get our rooms ready for late morning. Mine wasn't quite ready, but to be fair, they were replacing my carpet as a previous guest had burned it with hair straighteners! They did store my bag securely for me and it was in my room ready for my return.

The room was tastefully decorated and the bed lovely and comfortable. Everything was perfectly clean.

I didn't get to properly enjoy breakfast as I was suffering from overindulgence thr previous day, but for those who ate more than I did, it looked very appetising.

Parking was available immediately outside or locally. It is a full (if low) kerb you have to ride up, but a small price to pay for such convenience!

I will definitely recommend to others, and stay again if given the opportunity.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank stevenjappleton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kingswood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Highly recommend this very comfortable B&B in Otley, gorgeous breakfast, great location and excellent value for money. My daughter has recently moved to Otley and I will now be planning my visits around Dowgill's availability!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Anne J
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I recently went to visit my mum in Otley. Previously I've always stayed nearby and driven in, not this time I'm pleased to say. I arrived later than planned on Sunday afternoon, but Tim met me at the door at hauled my suitcase up to my room.

The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast next morning, and each day thereafter, was a treat, people who criticize traditional English food have no idea what they are talking about.

The Monday was a Bank Holiday, and I needed a SIM for my iPhone. Tim was able to direct me to a shop in Guiseley, about 4 miles away, and that problem was taken care of.

I did approach the high curb to use the parking with some trepidation, but nothing went crunch, so that was OK too.

All in all I was there for a week and wouldn't hesitate to go back. It's a very comfortable place to stay, and just a few yards from several pubs and restaurants.

Room Tip: I was in the front which overlooks one of the main streets in town, I was happy with the room, but s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank expattyke
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed for one night to visit our Mum in Otley. We felt we could easily stay here for a long time to enjoy a break!
We were welcomed warmly by Tim who offered help with our bags from the convenient parking right in front of the house. You are next to all amenities of the village.
Tim showed us our room and it was lovely. You had everything that is offered in a 4* hotel! The bed was beautifully comfortable, crisp sheets, towels, kettle and so many thoughtful extras.....

The en-suite was spotless, beautiful warm water and high quality shampoo etc...

Breakfast was fabulous.
We can strongly recommend your B & B to anyone and we will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MossandMoss
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Dowgill for 5 nights in March 2014. What a lovely place to stay. An old fashioned building with mod cons. Beautifully clean. The breakfast each morning was lovely. Very pleasant hosts. I have recommended the Dowgill to friends and I hope to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jean B
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had a fabulous stay at Dowgill House. We were in Otley to see our favourite duo Hue and Cry. We hit on a lovely sunny day and walking round Otley and visiting its great pubs was a pleasure. Dowgill house is in a truly great location and is a very lovely property. Helen and Tim were great hosts, very warm and friendly and the breakfast was superb as was the room with a fab comfy bed. We would definitely stay here again. Hazel and Nick Sheffield

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hazel K
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We chose Dowgill House purely because of the connection to my family name.. and as a centre for a visit to our ancestral heartland, we couldn't have been more pleased, the welcome was extremely warm, The Wilkinson's were very accommodating. The room we had (No 3) was extremely comfortable and clean, It overlooked the front of the property and road but had the most amazing double glazing... couldn't hear a thing at all....

The bed was a little soft for me, but that is merely a personal thing and wouldn't stop us staying again,

Breakfast was amazing and again delivered with the Wilkinson personal touch!

Otley is a great base for exploring the Dales, and has a plethora of eating and drinking establishments for in the evening.. plenty of choice!

You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otley
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
The Black Horse Hotel
No photo provided
The Horse & Farrier
#5 of 6 in Otley

Been to Dowgill House? Share your experiences!