“Perfect!”
Review of Dowgill House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Otley
Dowgill House
Ranked #2 of 6 Otley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Dowgill House. The beds are extremely comfortable, the building is peaceful and we slept like logs! Everything was clean and the shower was so powerful I was clean in seconds. Free parking, delicious breakfast, perfect location - Tim and Helen were kind and friendly, even lending us their sat nav for the day. If you're considering staying at Dowgill House then stop considering and book right away!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JJ1_10

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The owners were perfect hosts, they have thought of everything even down to a sewing kit & shoe shine in the room.
TV/Tea/coffee in the room is proper not out of a sachet, both really nice. comfy beds, crisp sheets & modern shower room. Breakfast is amazing! Cereals/juice/yoghurt complete with fresh strawberries, followed by full English, fried bread & toast with locally made jams, perfect!
With parking right outside, as others have commented the curb is not a problem.
I would rate this guest house a 4*. Dowgill Guest House is the best place to stay in Otley.
I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 4 is quiet, at the rear over looking the garden It is a double or twin room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 144couple000
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a lovely stay here with Tim & Helen, the whole village had got into the Tour experience and was well decorated. The room was very comfortable and breakfast excellent, even got lactose free milk for me. Will stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Front rooms are on a busy road but with windows shut and after rush hour very acceptable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elaine J
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here from 15 to 18 June 2014 whilst visiting Family in Otley. Tim and Helen are lovely hosts and their home is amazing. We stayed in Room 2 at the front of the House. The bed was very comfy, you do get some road noise if the windows are open but we still slept well. The en-suite shower was very good with hot water whenever you needed it. Parking right outside was a bonus and although we have a large car which is quite low to the ground we had no problems getting over the curb to park so don't let that put you off! Breakfast was excellent and a very high standard of local produce used. I really appreciated that Tim and Helen even sorted some Gluten free bread for me (the first time I've tried it fried for breakfast and it was good). Having stayed at several other Hotels and B&Bs in the area over the years Dowgill House is now our #1 choice in Otley and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Dowgill House is a charming B&B in the Centre of Otley operated by two very friendly and welcoming owners.

We were heading to Ascot Ladies Day at the Roebuck, so the B&B made every effort to get our rooms ready for late morning. Mine wasn't quite ready, but to be fair, they were replacing my carpet as a previous guest had burned it with hair straighteners! They did store my bag securely for me and it was in my room ready for my return.

The room was tastefully decorated and the bed lovely and comfortable. Everything was perfectly clean.

I didn't get to properly enjoy breakfast as I was suffering from overindulgence thr previous day, but for those who ate more than I did, it looked very appetising.

Parking was available immediately outside or locally. It is a full (if low) kerb you have to ride up, but a small price to pay for such convenience!

I will definitely recommend to others, and stay again if given the opportunity.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank stevenjappleton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Highly recommend this very comfortable B&B in Otley, gorgeous breakfast, great location and excellent value for money. My daughter has recently moved to Otley and I will now be planning my visits around Dowgill's availability!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Anne J
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I recently went to visit my mum in Otley. Previously I've always stayed nearby and driven in, not this time I'm pleased to say. I arrived later than planned on Sunday afternoon, but Tim met me at the door at hauled my suitcase up to my room.

The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast next morning, and each day thereafter, was a treat, people who criticize traditional English food have no idea what they are talking about.

The Monday was a Bank Holiday, and I needed a SIM for my iPhone. Tim was able to direct me to a shop in Guiseley, about 4 miles away, and that problem was taken care of.

I did approach the high curb to use the parking with some trepidation, but nothing went crunch, so that was OK too.

All in all I was there for a week and wouldn't hesitate to go back. It's a very comfortable place to stay, and just a few yards from several pubs and restaurants.

Room Tip: I was in the front which overlooks one of the main streets in town, I was happy with the room, but s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo