“Good friendly B&B”

Ranked #6 of 6 Otley B&B and Inns
Aylsham, United Kingdom
“Good friendly B&B”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago when we were in the area for a funeral. The rooms are clean and functional, a little dated perhaps but dont let this put you off, I think this adds to the charm of the place. Prices are very reasonable and it does a decent pint. I even tried a chilli mexican style beer brewed locally!

The highlight of the stay has to be the breakfast though. Absolutely massive brekkie which was really good quality, you could tell the bacon, sausages and black pudding were decent butchers meat rather than supermarket crap. Along with the beans, fried bread, eggs and as much tea as you could drink it was well worth the stay alone. Best fry up I have had in ages. One of our party just wanted a bacon butty and the landlady did her 2 as she thought the rolls were a little small, they were massive with 3 bits of bacon in each!

We didnt have an evening meal as we ate at a family members home nearby but if the breakfast is anything to go by give this place a try for a meal. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Over all a lovely place with friendly owners. I feel a little mean giving an average rating but very good seems a little to much? Maybe somewhere in between.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Imhungry122

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Used a groupon for a two course meal. Really friendly, good food, well cooked and served by friendly staff. I woul definately recommend this pub.we will be returning happy to pay full price without the voucher. Still great value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 834Munchkin
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited this pub on the way for a game of golf with a couple of mates. We ordered food which took an age to come, however it was well cooked and tasted good, we particularly enjoyed the Belly Pork. It was a shame that we had to rush our food and leave.
There was only one visible member of staff who was working behind the bar and serving meals, she was rushed off her feet, it has to be said that her communication skills were excellent, she did not fail to acknowledge new customers saying that she would be with them in a minute (as she was busy). An obvious asset to the premises.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mal W
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went for a two course lunch today and couldn't fault it. Anti pasta and continental meats for starters and beautifully cooked belly pork with mash for mains. This pub is what is sadly missing from so many villages now. Old world charm, great service and no modern gimmicks, would definitely return to try other dishes on the menu.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen p
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Thanks to Fred & Heather for a relaxing long weekend.
If you enjoy Real Ales and a friendly pub atmosphere then look no further than The Half Moon. My wife and I spent 4 Nights at the Half Moon Inn and we enjoyed every minute. Even better, the food served daily is as good as it gets. Great full English breakfast or anything you like included.

Any suggestions to improve the Inn would actually spoil it. It is exactly what it should be. Don't expect the rooms to be quiet till the pub closes but that should not matter if you are sampling the locally brewed (next door in fact) ales. The mornings were quiet so sleeping in till late is no problem. Breakfast served as and when you want it !!

Love Real Ale - Love a Pub - Love this One !!

Room Tip: The rooms are exactly what you should expect from a pub Inn. Dont expect quiet night till late. Do e...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Peter E
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Menu selection wasn't up to scratch and neither was the quality of the food. Had to eat our meal on bar stools before we moved to another table. When we asked for a glass of water with our meal we were made fun of. Wouldn't be returning anytime soon.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank A-pyle89

Travellers are raving about these Otley hotels

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I think the previous review have been to a different Inn ...Half Moon Inn were very hospitable and although we were worried that our group could be late because of road works they said dont worry your table is reserved . On a group on voucher and my first time to the Inn the starters looked great and although I didn't have a starter (got a sweet-tooth) I tried my husbands bruschetta which was delicious and definitely not tinned tomatoes but small cherry tomatoes .My main meal was a steak with chips and peas and homemade onion rings everything to my liking it was delicious too and very filling ....My husband had a Chicken Balti curry with chips and rice he really enjoyed it and it had lots of chicken in it . My husband asked if they had any nan breads (not included in the meal) the waitress said she was sorry they didnt have any of them but tortilla wraps were available .....good service yet again ....My other friend had the fish and chips and it was huge with lots of chips it DIDNT look soggy but very crispy and the haddock was white .......another satisfied customer and his partner had the Half Moon holy cow which looked delicious and with a good kick with the chillies lol :) ....The sweet tooth I am had sticky toffee pudding with Ice cream a good portion with great taste yet again ...All in all I would definitely go again with our without a group on voucher it was great not rushed out either and I wished It was at the end of our street but I would definitely use my petrol to visit again .....a great homely and traditional Inn

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bodnarc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otley
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Travelodge Leeds Bradford Airport
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Collingham

Been to Half Moon Inn? Share your experiences!