“Fantastic food. ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Otley
The Hopper Lane Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Otley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Called into the hopper today and we were greeted by a lovely log fire and very friendly service. We had a platter share plate and the tastiest chips we've ever had. The quality of food was excellent as was the service. Would highly recommend. Thanks.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca S
Mark M, Owner at The Hopper Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and even more so for your positive feedback, we are working hard to do The Hopper Lane justice so this feedback is really welcome, thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stopped off here on our way up to Settle, looking for a welcoming, dog friendly place to eat - and we weren't disappointed! We had a lunch of ham and cheese sandwich - which was gorgeous, and cauliflower and Stilton soup with a side order of chips - my husband declared the soup and chips were the best he'd ever tasted, and that's saying something!! Sat in the bar area in front of the lovely open log fire, welcoming hospitality and good food, what more could you ask for! Thank you for a lovely start to our holiday in the Yorkshire dales, we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Lynsfiona

Firstly thanks for taking the time to write a review, to get comments like this especially describing dishes as the best ever is really humbling so I can't thank you enough, hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Just been to the Hopper for lunch today with my little four year old Benjamin and is was DELIGHTFUL! A lovely roaring fire, VERY welcoming staff (Graham the bar man was lovely) and Penny (the owner) jumped up to get Benjamin some paper, crayons and stickers, which was a nice touch. And the food...TO DIE FOR!! I would DEFINITLEY recommend the roast lamb sandwich and thrice cooked chips and Benjamin ordered off the 'Little People' menu and had ham,cheese and tomato as a starter and then a delish Roast Beef main. We will DEFINITELY go there again! Thank you! Sarah Rishworth x

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah R

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and I'm pleased the kids enjoyed it too! We really appreciate the feedback, and you taking the time so thanks again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We have just been to the hopper for our sunday tea it was beautiful and would definatly reccomend it to everyone. Couldnt fault it one bit. Excellent food and very friendly staff. We will definitely come back on a regular basis.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Mark M, Owner at The Hopper Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your really kind review - I've passed on your feedback to all the team and it was a welcome boost to everyone.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped off here a couple of years ago and had a fantastic lunch so thought we would stop here again, sat ourselves in front of the big welcoming log fire and ordered food from the menu. The service was great, the food on its arrival even better. I had ordered the steak sandwich with triple cooked chips, what I got out did any description on the menu. It was one of the best lunches I have seen and eaten in a long time after which we had to try the deserts and wow we were not disappointed. The prices are very reasonable the service excellent and the log open fire somewhere I could of sat for hours but the memory of the food will be the thing that will stay with me. Really advise that you stop and eat here, as I said earlier, I had stopped here a few years ago for lunch, it was good then, believe me, it's now even better.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

What a fantastic review thank you so much !

We are blessed with the (4) log fires and a lovely place to work with - all we try and do is match that with the food and service - so when we make an impact and get a response like yours it gives us the boost we need - thanks again

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Just done a walk in the beautiful ingleborough area and was looking forward to stopping at one of those lovely looking inn's on the way back for a sunday roast. The sign said out side "home food made with love"
Sure enough it was nicely decorated inside but we had a wobberly table in the pub side of the hotel. Menu was small and different but it had what we wanted a sunday roast beef lunch. At £13.95 each we were exspecting a good meal. When we ordered we were told that the beef was cooked medium rare and was still pink, a good sign we thought. Ordered drinks but my wife ordered a larger shandy but was told on their return with my drink that the lemonade tap was not working so ordered a cider.
Meal came quickly and plates were warm. The beef as hoped was verygood but veg portions small and the 2 yorkshire puds were very small ( thought yorkshire was famous for these) The waitress as offered bought us a small jug of horseradish sauce. Half way though our meal the table opposite us had their meals delivered and was also offered horseradish sause. With that the waitress came over to our table and took the jug of horseradish sauce with not even a word and gave it to the other customer's. £28 for a sunday lunch and we have to share a jug of horseradish sauce! Very poor!
My wife then went to use the rest room and on her return to pay the bill. The waitress said she had taken the bill to the table but had not, so my wife went back to the bar. The waitress found the bill and when paying by card had to go around the bar area waving the chip n pin machine in the air to get a signal!
We wouldn't go here again due to poor service and it was not value for money, 2 lunches and 2 drinks for £35.
We would recommend driving a few extra miles down the road for another inn!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MKnighty

Firstly thanks for taking the time to write a review - all feedback is welcome, we have thrown our heart and soul into the Hopper and so take your views very personally.

I'm glad you like the decor, and sorry that your table wobbled - the floors are uneven and of course we would have corrected this had we been aware.

We don't actually use lemonade on tap (not a fan!) but i'm sorry we couldn't provide a bottle for your shandy.

Again I'm glad you enjoyed your beef! As for the Yorkies we've had a think and taken your comments on board so the Yorkies are now of a very decent size!

As for sharing sauce - I think we should have served you the sauce and so we fell short in this respect.

As for the chip and pin machine I'm afraid I just have to smile at this one - its a really old building with very thick walls and so for the moment we'll have to carry on waving!

We have friends running very good pubs up the road and we are more than aware that we are not for everyone so ifs not to be us we are glad its them !

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Visited North Yorkshire last week and Hopper lane was recommended by the lady from whom we rented our cottage so paid a visit on our last night, Friday the 13th!! We were not disappointed. The Mackeral Scotch egg starters were to die for. My wife choose the Lamb Shepherds pie and I had the Monkfish special which were equally excellent.

The front of house lady whose partner is also the chef was extremely friendly as were the rest of the staff. Had we being staying in the area longer we would certainly have eaten at Hoper Lane again. Our very best wishes for a successful business to the owners whom we understand only opened in the last month.

Room Tip: Did not stay, only had dinner.