“Wonderful Break...”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Otley
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Break...”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Did wonders finding this little gem through spa breaks for me and the mrs anniversary this year!
The deal was great as it included a half hour treatment each, access to spa facilites, dinner and breakfast therefore with such a great deal that was me satisfied with choice and so didnt do any further research on the place which could have been a downfall however when we arrived we were both over the moon with the choice!
A perfect place to get away from the city and lifes fast paces to just stop, relax and indulge in the luxury, scenic countryside and company you travel with.
The spa facilities were great and the treatments we got (Massage & facial) were of high standards! The outdoor jacuzzi just topped it off from being an A to A*!
All staff were freindly and helpful, the food was nice and all rooms, bars n restaurants etc were clean and had a real 'home' feel to them therefore all aspects of the stay were pretty perfect!
A local man who I spoke to in the gym advised me of a nice spot of yorkshire scenery just a quarter mile down the road and that it was! (Take a left out of the main gates) Perfect for a hike or take the dogs for a walk, this spot is situated opposite a pub (sorry i forget the name) stood alone so you can not miss it and was a perfect place to finish our break on a sunny day!
If your looking for a nice relaxing break away i would definately recommend Chevin and if your not wanting to complain or moan at any given chance then you will really really enjoy this spot :)

1 Thank Mathew Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
uk
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Had a very nice break in very nice surroundings.
The Spa was nice, didn't have any treatments, but the pool, Jacuzzi etc. was good.
If you enjoy walking there are some lovely around this hotel and the views are excellent.
The room we stayed in was basic but comfortable, although the Bed was not to my liking.
Overall an enjoyable stay and the staff were vey welcoming and friendly.

Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was very wary when I booked to go here with my partner for valentines day but I'm so glad I did. We had three treatments booked at the spa before check in which were wonderful and the staff were so friendly and skilled. Our time at the spa was lovely and we spent some time there the next day in the facilities (the outdoor jacuzzi is freezing in February!). The spa has a view of the small lake outside and is very quiet which makes for a lovely relaxing experience.
The hotel itself is lovely and cosy with a real log fire at reception which smells so welcoming. The staff were pleasant and professional and the rooms were stunning. Our room was very large with a fantastic bed and space to get ready the bath in the en suite was a little small (not big enough for a bath for two) which was my single and only disappointment with the room. The rooms are done up to look like cabins which I loved and the view of the lake from the room was stunning. I really felt like I was in the country.
We had two six course meals which were in a word DIVINE and so was breakfast. No complaints whatsoever about the lovely restaurant with a stunning view (again). The restaurant staff did however seem rushed off their feet.
I had an absolutely wonderful time and can't wait to come back.

1 Thank Lizzie F
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I recently booked a Groupon 2 night b&b for £95. As it was a special trip i upgraded to The Dales Suite with a private hot tub. On arrival staff were lovely and we were directed to our lodge in the grounds.
The room was spacious and clean, a strange sainsbury's bag was covering what i think was an old fire alarm, but wasn't an issue. We unpacked and i noticed the bath had 2 black marks/ chips in it which didn't look amazing but everything else was lovely. The freeview channels on the TV were limited to about 5 and the signal was not good. I wasnt planning on watching too much tv. Speaking of signal THERE IS NONE! The wifi does not work in this suite and there is no mobile network signal..which my boyfriend was a little unhappy with as he needs to keep up to date on emails/texts etc even while away.
With the excitement of our own hot tub we though lets jump in! Well to our major disappointment the water felt lukewarm so we fiddled with the settings and called reception for help as there was no info. The receptionist sent a guy about 15mins (who just wandered onto our porch didn't knock n started fiddling with the hot tub, a little odd) so my boyfriend went outside and was told the water gets colder when the lid is off, the jets circulate the cold air so the water wont heat up for a while. The tub said it would get to 40.0 but the man sed 35.00 at max. So we were left to twiddle our thumbs for a couple of hours, as this was the main reason we booked this suite! When it hit 31.5 we thought wed chance it, BIG MISTAKE... it was unbearable! we rang reception once more not trying to sound difficult just to make sure we were using it correctly etc and she said to go for dinner and try it later that night. So we did, Approx 6 hours after we arrived it reached a hot temp and we jumped in and it was lovely, bubbles, flashing lights, stars etc..until the temp dropped rapidly. We assumed HOT tubs were meant to stay HOT? We got about an hour in it until it was too cold. The temp became a worry during our stay and we were constantly having to check it. we wanted to just relax and hop in when we wanted. it is obvious that it wasn't turned on in advance prior to our check in.
Breakfast was lovely, we chose not to go for fried as the was no mushrooms beans or hashbrowns but haggis and black pudding, so we opted for Cinnamon french toast, maple syrup & bacon AMAZING so we had it both days. We tried out the leisure centre which needed a little clean and heating the pool & the jacuzzi sauna & steam room were ok, but we decided to stick to our own hot tub. We spend a few ours in the lounge and bought a drink from the bar so my boyfriend could use his laptop and it was lovely and warm and cosy.
Overall our room was lovely, the bed was reasonably comfortable, the room got to a great temp except on the morning approx 7-9 it was very chilly. The shower was very poor, bit of a trickle compared to normal showers. Lastly we had a hot tub run on the 2nd night and the temp wasn't at 40.0 when we got in and dropped quicker than the night before, the last morning we had one last time in it and it was quite pleasant. WARNING if you want privacy the hot tub is not private it is on the front porch of the suite and can be seen all around the woods from all angles, many people stared at us when walking past. Another member of staff stomped onto our porch the 2nd morning and started fiddling with the hot tub without knocking or acknowledging us, it was a little strange!
To conclude the experience was nice we had a good time, except for the disappointment of the hot tub temperature.. i wouldn't recommend to pay extra for the hot tub suite unless its very hot outside, this may make a difference but i've been in a hot tub in snow before and it stayed HOT hence its name haha! I would recommend the hotel but suggest to stay in the hotel so you get wifi, probably a better tv signal, easier access to the amenities.

Room Tip: Lodges are warm and cosy, but get cold about 7-9am and you get no wifi or mobile signal - so i'd...
3 Thank dancingdee26
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Booked via groupon 2nts b&b £95. I would return on the same offer because I had an enjoyable break walking in the area and using the spa facilities, however I would not pay a penny more. Our room was in the main hotel, it was very small and also in desperate need of a good clean - the wooden beams and panels were thick with dust and the bathroom was aged and grimy which was a huge shame, because this devalues what could be a cosy and charming hotel. We enjoyed the spa facilities although the hot tub and jacuzzi were out of order at the time of our visit. We had a walk around the grounds and the hotel exterior and log cabins seemed to lack basic maintenance. Good staff, badly managed, terrible shame.

Room Tip: Overlook the pond
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just returned home from two nights at chevin country park hotel. We booked through living social so paid £95 for 2 nights b&b.
We were allocated room 63 which is one of the log cabins a short walk from the main hotel. First impressions were great, the woodland grounds are beautiful the room was lovely and had a sort of rustic appeal, plenty of tea and coffee, tv, iron and ironing board and two chairs, however the room is joined onto a family suite and the soundproofing is zero, you can hear EVERYTHING. I find this a hindrance when you're trying to relax as not only can you hear exactly what the neighbours are up to, but you're always conscious that you can be heard and impede on their holiday.
After a closer look, the en suite could really have done with a deep clean, there were cobwebs above the bath and a few suspect hairs here and there. One suggestion I'd make is the outside light next to the door can't be turned off and the blind on the door is so thin it doesn't block any light out so the room is illuminated all night. Also, our bed was really very uncomfortable, if you suffer from back problems definitely be wary as both mornings I ached allover. The duvet is extra thin, although our room had its own thermostat so we were never cold, i like a thick quilt.
We ate at the bar both nights and althouh the food wasn't anythjng spectacular, it was fine. Possibly slightly over priced but i expect them to try and recoup the costs from discount deals on food and drink etc. Cocktails are £9.95. There was one girl working behind the bar and she was very pleasant, however she could have done with several more pairs of hands. She served the food as well as the drinks and there was simply too much for her to do, and although she was efficient, at times she looked visibly fraught and didn't appear to have any support from other staff members.
We went to breakfast at 8.45, you have to queue to get seated, we didn't have any problems ourselves however we did see three of four couples waiting for quite a while to be seated and they naturally became quite irate. We were given coffee and toast etc but Our order for the cooked breakfast wasn't taken for at least twenty minutes. When it finally arrived, it really wasn't anything special. I'd have liked more on my plate, I thought one sausage and one egg to be a bit stingy and there were no beans or mushrooms etc, but it was pleasant enough. Again though, the staff were running round and seemed not to be able to cope easily with the volume of guests.
The spa really is a mixed bag. There were no robes or slippers available, although other guests had them so it may be a case of going first thing. Although the steam room and sauna are tiny, they're lovely, and when we were there it was quiet so we had no problem using the facilities when we wanted. The outdoor hot tub with a view over the lake is definitely a high light, it was glorious. The pool, however, is filthy. The water is green and there's an orange tide mark around the egde. There's also rust etc covering the bottom of the pool. The indoor jacuzza too is grubby and dirty, but unfortunately this didn't become evident to us until the bubbles stopped. There's a wide range of treatments available but we didn't book any as I found them extreemly pricy. £105 for a full bodh massage.
Every member of staff we came into contact with were very friendly and helpful, it just appears there isn't anywhere near enough of them. Even the ground staff greeted us as we passed them.
Theres no phone signal anywhere on site, and the wifi is a bit temperamental but this didn't bother us too much, maybe something to consider for business people though, but the lady on reception very kindly let me make a call on their landline.
Would I visit again? Possibly, although I wouldn't pay the none dicounted price.

1 Thank katy h
Welshpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this lovely hotel. Superb food - great quality ingredients, carefully prepared and presented in a comfortable, warm and relaxed restaurant. Breakfast is amazing! Staff are helpful and friendly. Spa has everything you need for a short break and I really enjoyed the treatment which I had. We will definitely return - as do many of the guests who we met - some on their 10th trip. They are doing almost everything absolutely right! Well done Chevin Country Park and thank you for a relaxing and enjoyable mini holiday!

1 Thank Parrys2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otley
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure Leeds Parkway
Mercure Leeds Parkway
#49 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!