“Lovely Two Night Stay.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Otley
Glenrothes
“Lovely Two Night Stay.”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights last week.Have stayed here once before in one of the little cabins. This time we had a bedroom in the hotel which we were really pleased with.We prefer the hotel the best.Everything was spotlessly clean .Big walk in wardrobe and plenty of space in the room.Loved our dinners each night also our breakfasts.Was very well looked after.Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Prefer the hotel instead of the cabins
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
liverpool
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in February as part of a free nights stay via Virgin Experience vouchers. Our room was very, very small and I couldn't help but wonder if this was because we were on a voucher and not a full paying guest. The room was in the 'lodge' part of the hotel with wooden walls and with it being broom cupboard size as well, it felt a little claustrophobic. However, the room was clean and tidy.

The spa was lovely and relaxing though and we spent a nice chilled out afternoon in there before heading off into Otley by taxi for an Indian meal at the Royal Saffron (excellent food by the way).

The hotel is situated in a secluded spot above Otley, but a taxi to Otley itself costs little money and there you will find some nice bars and restaurants. The hotel is does get a little bit noisy from planes at the nearby Leeds/Bradford airport, but not so bad that it disrupts your sleep.

It was a pleasant stay but if I was to return i'd pay extra for a better room.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank evertonl
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I wrote the review “Dishonest staff - stolen property!” on the 17th April this year. On posting this review to trip advisor I was contacted by the hotel manager on my personal mobile number and was asked/told to remove my review...I refused. I was then told that if I declined to take my "opinion" down from this public opinion forum that I would leave them no option but to take legal action against me and contact the police regarding my review.
I was shocked that the management felt that threatening me with police action was an appropriate course of action to take in an attempt to get me to remove my statement.
I said that I would be happy to receive a visit from the police as I could then discuss filing a complaint about theft and harassment on my personal number.
It is no surprise that I am still waiting for that visit...
I am writing this follow up review after receiving an e-mail this week informing me that 1,317 people have since read my comment on trip advisor. I am hopeful that this has been informative to travellers who are contemplating a stay here.
So Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, I'm thinking it would probably have been cheaper for you to apologise and at least offer to replace my property after all...
Never mind eh!!

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank L J
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this little spa weekend as a treat for over the six week holidays(teacher) for me and a friend hoping to just relax a little. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent food, service and unusual buildings. The evening meal was a six course taster menu and mine was delicious-salmon and the afternoon treat dessert was the highlights. Breakfast was also lovely with a wide choice of hot meals and the cold buffet was good too. Our room was alittle dated but very homely and suited us both fine. We had a facial and massage in the spa and nearly fell asleep it was that relaxing.

A lovely weekend - thank you

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Brighouse, England
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Took my friend for the spa day and afternoon tea. Had a great day usually the facilities especially the outdoor hottub! Afternoon tea was nice abit small was expecting something abit fancier. Overall a fab day, good value for money and would definatley go again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed one night whilst on business in local area. It is a little remote but a lovely place to stay. Romm was on ground floor in main building. It may have been a bit small if wife was with me but for single occupancy it was fine with good facilities. Eat in the bar during the evening and meal was good. Very helpful and cheerful barman. Bar was pleasant area with TV available. Breakfast next morning was very good. Will return here on business and may return with wife to try spa facilities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. Easy to find which is good after a five hour drive. Great greeting at reception by someone who actually seemed to care, young though she was. Room was spacious and in an annex section but nothing wrong with that. Bar staff were again very attentive, the bar menu was a little limited but the salmon I had was tender and tasty, a couple of new potatoes with it rather than just salad would have been appreciated.
Breakfast was also good with yet more friendly staff who pointed out the resident heron on the island (the restaurant is on the edge of a small lake/large pond). My only down point was the electric shower that stopped just as I was covered in soap, no amount of button pressing would coax it back to life. Lucky the bath was there, bit mean putting basin taps on it so it takes longer to fill.
All in all a very good stay made special by the great staff. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otley
Oulton Hall & Spa
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
Gomersal Park Hotel
Gomersal Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gomersal

Been to Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!