“Fish & Chips,” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Takeout
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Fish & Chips,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

A party of four of us had fish & chips from The Cove, & was excellent, would certainly go there again, clean & tidy shop, service was good, with a smile, well packaged, very good size fish, plenty of chips, reasonable price, & plenty for your money.
Cannot wait to go there again,

Robin of Suffolk.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fish and chips without fuss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you want super tasting fish, well cooked hot chips together with a pot of tea and bread and butter come here. If you're after something fancy don't bother! The take away usually has a queue outside, the cafe side is small and frankly you get the best value "eat-in" around Leeds

“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My partner and I each had haddock and chips, which came with a large pot of tea and buttered bread. The fish was delicately cooked and the batter crisp, and the chips were some of the best I have ever had. Good value for money at £7.50 each; yes, there are cheaper options, however the quality overall was excellent. Downsides? It needs a lick of paint, especially the bathroom in which the toilet seat was disintegrating- perhaps fibreboard not the best choice of material?

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“anti scottish”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were on holiday in Leeds and went to Otley for the afternoon, we had fish and chips at the Cove. My friend ordered a fresh orange and lemonade and when the bill arrived she said she was sorry but she opened a bottle of sprite to put in the orange and said we had to pay for it even although it wasn't our fault. I said I would to save any hassle. Then we went to pay the bill she refused our Scottish money, we felt we were in the dark ages, my friend gave them English money much to my disgust, so I told her I wasn't paying for the sprite as it wasn't our mistake. and she did give me the money back. I felt sorry for the young girl as the so called manageress was standing obviously giving the orders. she probably knew it was against the law to refuse.
Any other shop when we went to use it never even thought to refuse it. the people in Otley shops were so nice.and its a lovely wee place, just avoid the Cove if your Scottish.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney
“Best Cake Butty in Yorkshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Best cake butty ever !!! I arrived from Sydney, Australia to order my cake butty .... To find out there was none left.. However when the owner knew I have waited four years to come back from Sydney to enjoy another of his cake butty's he made 2 fresh ones and they were as I had remembered. Soft fluffy potato and fresh fish... Yummy - see you in 2016. Friendly staff and tasty food and who can beat a cake butty by the water.

• Visited July 2014