“Hostal Paris Stay”
Review of Hostal Paris

Hostal Paris
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed for 12 Nights in a single room with own bathroom. The room was approx. £24 a night, so good value for money, I was visiting Gibraltar but La Linea is better value for money for a place to stay. The hotel does not have a restaurant, so does not provide any food or breakfast, however this is only a minor inconvenience and the location of the hotel is great for bars and restaurants nearby.

The reception staff do not speak much English, however despite my lack of Spanish checking in proved to be almost no problem at all. It could be a problem if you need anything or assistance during your stay though.

My room was quite large, but didn't have a window looking to the outside as such, it had a peculiar inside window which looks on to some sort of patio area, and hence their is a blind shut across it. The room was a bit dark due to this fact and had I been in the room much this could of been annoying having to have the lights on all the time.

I wasn't in the hotel or room much so it was perfectly adequate for my needs and a good budget hotel for the price. My only real criticism is that on a couple of occasions I had a shower around 9am and could not get any hot water at all, which really is not acceptable. So my advice would be have a shower before 8.45am to guarantee getting hot water which I did every other day.

I should also mention that there was a lot of noise in the evenings within the hotel which I couldn't really understand why, fortunately I slept well regardless during my stay so it wasn't so much of a concern. The lock on the room door was a bit finicky as well

There is also free wifi which is good

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew C

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Whilst visiting Gibraltar to opt in to the cheaper option of staying in la linea . We spent 4 sleepless nights in creaky beds, with what seemed to be a constant rave going on downstairs. If I wanted this I would have visited Magaluf. The tv somewhat of a 1960s model, and the hygiene or should I say lack of hygiene of maids was apparent throughout corridors . Other than this it was basic hostel with no other flaws

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank wiresandwaves
Reviewed 5 April 2013

10 minute walk from Gibraltar the Hostal is cheap and clean, the guys running it are helpful and their English is better than my Spanish. Not much to see or do in La Linea itself but you are within walking distance of some decent bars, shops, tapas.

Only downside is that the walls are quite thin and the shower was a tight squeeze but wasn't a massive problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank toboboly
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Good position, reasonable price, friendly staff. we had two bicycles, kept in the garage, paid E33 for a twin room. It was ideal for us. We were cycling from Gibraltar to Toledo. We ate near the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mmmmartin
Reviewed 27 December 2012

In the center of La Linea, this hostal has a stategic position if you like tapas bar and nightclub.
It is impossibile to sleep until late night due to this movida and there are free public car parking but it is not easy to find during tapas time.
Essential forniture, my no smoking room smell bad.
Anyway, La Linea is a cheap solution to sleep and visit Gibilterra.
This hotel is near to the frontier, 8 minutes walk, but the Gibilterra sightseeing are not close.
It is a good solution for one night only.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Location is excellent. Friendly welcome, yes, limited English but way better than my Spanish. Room very clean. Flat screen TV. Vey hot water.(we went for private bathroom) Writing this review from my laptop using hotel WiFi which is free! Quiet area (in November) Good price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2012

The location is really very good, not far from La Linea city centre and bus station as well as from Gibraltar border.
The receptions was very nice although he didnt speak English much.
The room and bathroom were clean and quite spacious.
I didnt like the bed which was old and made noise when I moved, also the walls are very thin and we could hear all noise from the next-door room. Also there is only very few pieces of furniture which is rather old.
In general I didnt like this hostel much and I would not come back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
#3 of 5 in La Linea de la Concepcion
Bristol Hotel
Bristol Hotel
#6 of 6 in Gibraltar

Been to Hostal Paris? Share your experiences!