“good location for a short vacation”
Review of Sunce

Sunce
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Neum
Romania
“good location for a short vacation”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Big hotel, with a big restaurant and many rooms.
Food is good and tasty.
Rooms at upper floors are better, the ones at the first floor cand give you troble sleeping because of the disco near the beach and the night noise from the street.
The hotel has 2 elevators that can help you go to the beach.
Wireless connection is in the lobby and is 1,50 euros for 30 minutes and 2 euros for 1 hours. The staff at the reception isn't too friendly or helpfull.
Rooms with a view at the seaside are very nice.
Neum is a resort with an economic, touristic development in the last 7 years, located 80 km away from Dubronik- Croatia
In Bosnia they have their own currency KM-convertible mark. 1 euro is 2 KM. ask first if you can pay in euro, many places accept this kind of payment.
Near the beach is a nice pizzeria-also Sunce complex, near the disco. beer is very good, price acceptable- 1,5 to 2 euros.

Room Tip: ask for a room upper floor and seaview
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Loredana I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Qormi
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Last week I stayed together with my husband and daughter in this hotel with a touring group, we had a seaview room with fantastic views on the 4th floor.
The staff at the hotel are not very friendly but always gave us a good service except when they left us for 3 times without the shower gel even though we complained with the reception, but then we complained with our tourleader and action was taken immediately.
The lift is hell we did the stairs most of the time even with the luggages!
Breakfast is very boring always the same not much to choose from always sausages and eggs or cereal always same quality or cold cuts, bread butter and jams and natural yogurt, I would have liked to have some fruit or a piece of cake for a change! Dinner on the other hand is very good always had various types of deliciously cooked meats and one type of fish with plenty of vegetables/salad to choose from. I always skiped the starter but there was always soup and one type of pasta. Dessert included one type of gateau and one type of fruit, we once had ice cream too.
The room was ok, no mini fridge though, as to cleanliness it was acceptable though windows needed a clean and the old fitted carpets made the room look shabby. We had 2 single beds and a sofa bed for the child.
The hotel is located near shops and bars so some noise is no surprise, no big deal though most loud music was during the weekend and it did not disturb our sleep. We really enjoyed the atmosphere during the evening/night plenty of open shops with nice things and souvenirs to buy, prices are not expensive you can buy souvenirs from as little as 1 EURO.
Just a few mins from the hotel there are mini markets from which we bought beer and water at good price and cigarettes are cheaper too. Place is safe and there where many families walking along the sea and in the resturants nearby. So no worries if you forget to bring something :)
I would recommend this hotel to those who are not fussy and want a seside resort where you can have fun and relax with kids.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor it was convenient when the lift did not work or took too long, noise was no...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ibvella
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was on a tour of Croatia with Itaka, an awful Polish travel agency, so I was forced to stay in the worst "hotels", if you can call them that, in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. All the places where I stayed were awful, but this one was the worst. This place is unbelievably bad, like something out of a movie.

Apon arriving, I was greeted by a strong smell of cigarette smoke in the hot, not airconditioned lobby. After picking up a old fashioned room key, the metal thing that you have to place into the lock and turn, I started waiting for the elevator. More about those later. The line up was huge, so I grabbed my suitcases, and walked down the stairs.

The room was extremely dirty and uncomfortable. The was no soap or shampoo provided in the washroom, and the air conditioner did not do a good job of cooling the room. Since it was so hot, I decided to go down for a swim to cool off. Big mistake.

The hotel "beach" was just concrete from which you could enter the water. It was old and dirty, very unpleasant. But it was so hot I entered the water anyway. The water was dirty, with garbage floating, but it was so hot that I didn't care and actually enjoyed my swim. That is, until I got out of the water. My foot was dripping blood from a large cut in my foot. It was serious enough that I took a taxi to the emergency room, but they did practically nothing. The reception staff did not speak good English, were unfriendly, and did not care at all that I got a serious injury while using their beach. They did absolutely nothing, and did did not care at all.

As it became dark, that's when the real nightmare started. There are two discotheques, one on each side of the "hotel", each trying to be louder than the other. The paper thin walls did nothing to lessen the sound. That alone guaranteed a sleepless night, but that was not all that the hotel had in store for us. There was three of us in the room, so there were three one person beds. Normally there are two beds. Each bed had a different mattress, one extremely soft and one extremely hard. All of the mattresses were probably as old as the hotel. The beds squeaked extremely loudly if you moved even a tiny bit, and were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever seen. The pillows were even worse than the beds. They were these huge, hideous things that were impossible to sleep on. I just threw them on the ground and tried to sleep with no pillows. The earsplitting noise that passes for music in this place, extremely uncomfortable beds and pillows, the smell of cigarette smoke, and the hot room combined together make it impossible to sleep no matter how many sleeping pills you take. I was exhausted for a sleepless night the day before and a long day, but I didn't fall asleep until two am, and had to get up at 6.

After eating the awful breakfast, there was practically nothing to eat, I grabbed my suitcases, and started waiting for the elevator. After ten minutes of waiting, one of the two elevators finally arrived, but it was going in the wrong direction. Some people who had gotten tired of waiting got in anyway. I thought that they were being stupid, riding the elevator in the wrong direction, but I changed my mind when the same elevator with the same people inside arrived again in ten minutes, this time heading in the right direction. The elevator was filled over the max capacity with people and suitcases squeezed together. After waiting another ten minutes, another elevator arrived, with some room. I was able to squeeze my two heaviest suitcases in it, and carried the remaining suitcase up four flights of stairs to the lobby. I got there before the elevator did. It took people fourty, 40, minutes to ride the elevator. That's no exaggeration. Our tour ended up leaving an hour late.

I'm not sure who I could recommend this hotel to. Maybe it would appeal to druggies, who are looking for a place to get high. Any normal people who wants to sleep at night, stay away. This hotel is the sketchiest place I have ever seen. It was maybe nice 50 years ago, but in any civilized county it would have been demolished a long time ago. You want to be as far away as you can from this hotel, and this entire town too.

Room Tip: Any room that's not in this hotel is a good room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank Adam G

Travellers are raving about these Neum hotels

Denmark
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed there for one night only. Very good location - close to the beach - fine view.
However - in spite of a lot af free rooms, we got af room (nothing wrong with the room itself) RIGHTt on top of the discoteque with VERY loud music.
Nobody knew when the discoteque would stop - or maybee they did not want to tell us.
The only staff at the reception in the evening was a very rude person, who did not speak english.
If you go there, ask for the top floor, and don't expect any service.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor - or at least for a quit room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erikdk
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed there for a week. The hotel is very old but the real problem that is very very dirty. The cleaning service was changing only the towels. They didnt change the seats for a week. The carpet of the room looked like it hasnt been cleaned for years. Dust everywhere and a total look of neglection. No soap or shampoo provided. Also the food was almost the same every day and of bad quality.
The receptionists dont speak english and are not polite.
The sea-view rooms in the front have a problem of noise as in the ground floor there is a club that plays music really loud evey night until the morning.
Last but not least, when it rained the water was running brown from the top and we had to buy mineral water to even brush our teeth!

• Stayed July 2010
5 Thank elikor
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Just arrived today from Neum where I stayed with a touring group for a whole week at the Sunce hotel. I agree with what the other two previous reviewers said about this hotel. Staff is very friendly and helpful, good location, good food, charming hotel, ... One must add that being in the very midst of 'nightlife', one might not have a restful sleep - not only in this hotel, but also in all the rest of the hotels. Music is very loud, and starts from 9pm and lasts even till 4am. Hoteliers must have a say in this and might suggest a reasonable period of time during which music could be played.

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank victoria190320
Delft, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I'm a bit of a sucker for post-communist chic, and was not disappointed at all by the Sunce. Yes, it is a Tito-era concrete monstrosity with over 400 beds, but the rooms are nicely furnished and most have balconies overlooking the bay that constitutes Neum's resort area.

Neum is a trip--a Bosnian beach resort in a mostly Croat area that actually breaks Croatia's coastline in two, Visitors are mostly Bosnian Muslims (many of whom are in exile and happily use the hearing of a bit of English to introduce themselves and share their oft-interesting life stories), local staff tends to treat visitors a bit surlily as they would prefer Neum to be absorbed into Croatia. However, Neum, even though it is fun, is not nearly as refined as the newer, posher resorts towards nearby Dubrovnik. This does mean cheap prices (the Sunce was less than half of what comparable properties in Dubrovnik cost) and very cheap beer and food on the seaside.

Hotel food (it offers half board as a matter of course) is fairly good and offers good choice.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo