All reviewsour room was spaciousparking placefamily atmospherebalconyetnayard
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We are a mid. aged couple and stayed in this flawless B&B for a few days. at end of May.
Our room had a big terrace with a nice view to this pretty little town, Nicolosi and the sea at the horizon. The room was spotless clean, big enough and comfortable. The location is excellent, close to the center and in the evenings we had very pleasant walks around, there are some very good restaurants a few minutes away.
The breakfasts were very reach and varied and full of surprises, for example the chocolate and wine cake that Patrizia, the owner, made herself for us. Don't miss the pistachio filled croissants! Aunt Liliana is just nearby ready to pamper with any you can want.
Every morning Patrizia,a very energetic and helpful, open person, was ready to help us with explanations, maps, tips. Etna is very close and Patrizia gave us discount coupons for cable car and 4X4 vehicles.
In the last day we had the flight early in the morning from Catania and aunt Liliana wake up very early only to have time to prepare the breakfast for us.
I cannot thing at something that was not perfect, it was beyond the expectation.
Thank You, Patrizia and Liliana. Definitely, our next time in Sicily we will be at your B&B!

Room Tip: The Blue room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed 5 days at La Giara and it was like by my friends! Good sleep in a nice, clean and lightly room, excellent et great breakfast with new fruit salad everyday, pastelli and other surprises.. Patrizia helps you to find everything you need, restaurant, expedition to Etna,etc.. my best adress in Sicilia !! Thank you Patrizia and Liliana !!
François / Marseille

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Located within easy walk to the center of this tidy little resort, and some best restaurants. "La Giara" and it's hosts are all about how to make you feel welcome and at home. Our room was spacious, spotless and very quiet. It had a lovely balcony where it was a bliss to relax with the view of the town and the distant sea. We were greeted on arrival by Patrizia, who also arranged the taxi to collect, from Catania airport, our friends arriving from Venice. Comprehensive information given by Patricia helped us to spend a fantastic day in Taormina and a visit to Castelmona with it's breath taking views. Breakfasts could not get any better. Home made cakes, fresh orange juice and the selection of delicious Sicilian pastries. It also included freshly made type of individual pettit omlets made with eggs, ricotta and parmesan cheese. Patrizia also organized for four of us a day trip to Etna. It became a highlight of our trip. Both Patrizia and Liliana did everything and more to make our stay memorable. Her feedback on the local restaurants made a gastronomic experiance for us too. We were able to taste the Sicilian cusine at it's best. Unfortunatly we were not able to see or taste everything during this trip, so we will definitely be back. Just hope, soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was our last stop and we stayed for 2 nights. The room was clean and perfectly fitted our standards. Patrizia and her mother really enjoy hosting guests and provided a lot of good flavor and information.

Thanks a lot guys.

We would definitely come again.

Christian & Leonie

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christian H
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Wow...so where do I begin. My stay at La Giara has been one of the most fulfilling experiences I've had in Sicily. Patrizia truly cares about her guests and she really knows how to spoil you. I felt like I was in a traditional Sicilian home. Everything was clean, our room was spacious and there were great restaurants nearby. I am so glad we stayed there and the breakfast is amazing. Thank you so much Patrizia for a wonderful stay. I will recommend all of my friends and family to you if they come to Sicily!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple