Inn on the Lake
US$81
US$72
US$155
Delta Hotels
All reviewshalifax airportno elevatorwhirlpool tubnova scotiahaddockview of the lakesmall lakeclose to the airportfree shuttleseafood chowderminutes from the airportbottle of champagnecar rentalan airport hotellate arrivalrestaurant staffcomfortable room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I spent one night at the Inn on the Lake while at a conference in the area. The hotel itself is very nice: the rooms are small, but clean and well-equipped, and the restaurant downstairs is very good (try their excellent Atlantic salmon). The location was farther from the airport (and from Halifax) than I had imagined, but very conveniently located for visitors to Fall River. If ordering a taxi, be prepared to pay additional charges for the cab driver's trip out to Fall River. The view overlooking the water was lovely.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
susannelson, Owner at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear BronwynG-D,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback. I’m pleased to read that you found your hotel room nice and enjoyed our onsite restaurant & lounge. Should you ever come back to Halifax, please keep in mind we are just 10 minutes from the airport and a 15 minute drive from Halifax, as well please ask about our larger rooms. We have 39 unique rooms with various sizes, including two story suites. Thank you again for you review, your feedback is important to us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We started off our trip to Canada by staying at this inn on our way to PEI for a week long vacation. The staff was very friendly, the rooms comfortable and cozy and the restaurant had wonderful food. We stayed again on our way back to the states and had the most beautiful room. This is a place we'd love to go back to.

The inn was closed to the Halifax Airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank car5311
susannelson, Owner at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear car5311,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. I’m very happy to read that you had two great stays with us during your first trip to Canada. I will pass your comments along to our team. Hopefully you will get a chance to stay with us again sometime.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stranded at Halifax Airport 2 days before Christmas not pleasant. Called in on the lake within 20 minutes their shuttle was there. It was 10 at night by the time my flight was cancelled. The driver offered to call the restaurant since I had not ate since breakfast. My luggage was delivered to my room and the clerk told me to go and eat and relax, we could do the check in after. After diner went to a warm comfortable room where all little details were taken care of to make my stay enjoyable. The staff was friendly and helpful, made me feel like I was amongst family. Will definitely go again but next time will plan my trip so that I can really enjoy all they have to offer. I was stranded but they made it feel like I was not.....Awesome thank you. Made it to my destination the next day.

Room Tip: View of the lake 2 sides I think
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ooglkik
susannelson, Owner at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear ooglkik,

Thank you for taking time to write a such a nice review on us. We had a number of stranded travellers over the holidays, we understand how stressful it can be. I’m very happy to read that some of your stress was alleviated by the hotel staff. I will be sure to pass on your nice comments on to the team. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I happened upon this gorgeous inn while stranded at the Halifax airport during a blizzard. All of the closer hotels were full so I was a little nervous when I was told I had to go to this place. It ended up being the perfect respite after my troubles! I was so impressed with the charm and elegant rooms and the eating, dining and staff were wonderful. I quickly forgot my troubles and I plan to stay here when I come to Halifax again. I did not get a chance to view the grounds but I expect they are gorgeous during the summer and fall months. My only regret was that I had no romantic partner with me to share with. It is a perfect, perfect place for a romantic getaway!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sherry R
susannelson, Owner at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Freebird73,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on us. I’m very happy to read that you were pleasantly surprised and that your unexpected stay-over during a blizzard ended up being a relaxing one. We hope you get to enjoy a romantic getaway with us sometime in the future.

Reviewed 24 December 2013