“Nice location, clean rooms, friendly staff, and excellent food.”
Review of Inn on the Lake

Inn on the Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fall River
Shelburne, Canada
“Nice location, clean rooms, friendly staff, and excellent food.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Surprised my wife with a night here with the Romance Renewed package the day after our wedding. It was a lot closer to the Halifax Shopping Center and Bayer's Lake than I had imagined, only about 15 minutes with light traffic. It was also a lot quiter than I had expected considering it is right on the highway.

The room was very clean, which I expected but was still pleased with. The jacuzzi was nice, as well as the complimentary champagne we had gotten as a congrats gift.

The staff was very friendly, always making sure to greet us and to ask how everything was.

We ate at Oliver's, and the food exceeded my expectations (a teacher when I took culinary arts used to talk about the place a lot, and had good things to say.) I have a minor allergy to sweet potato (which I didn't mention when I ordered the twice baked potato with my meal) but the server was very pleasant about it when I asked for another side to replace that.
My only complaint, which isn't much of a complaint, would be the coffee maker in the room. I would highly suggest an upgrade to a Keurig or Tassimo in at least the deluxe rooms.

All in all it was a great stay, I just wish the weather had been warmer so the pool could have been open or we could have gone swimming in the lake.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Toronto
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stunning location marred somewhat by highway traffic noise, but I knew about the highway location before booking. Easy check in and a comfortable room that was nice and clean even though it showed some - to be expected - wear and tear. My two encounters with the dining room (tea and desert, taken out to the lake front and breakfast the following morning) were more than satisfactory, both in terms of service and quality/taste/price.
Would not hesitate to return at the price I paid; at maybe even a little more.
Also the cleanest hotel bathroom I have seen in a long time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the building away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here one night on business. As a Diamond Member with Choice Hotels, I was given a room upgrade to a room with a big whirlpool bath in it.

The check in and service were great.

I had a breakfast voucher which paid for a nice freshly cooked breakfast the next morning.

Great restaurant right at the facility.

Nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have become regulars at the Inn on the lake over the past number of years and stop there when ever we can for a great meal or on a number of occasions to spend the night.The one thing i can say about the Inn on the Lake is that we have never been disappointed with the staff or the food.The staff is very friendly and and only to willing to help.The restaurant has great food and the salmon and steak take second place to none.We would highly recommend the Inn on the Lake for a comfortable home away from home stay or for a great meal with someone special.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
susannelson, Owner at Inn on the Lake, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear bigdog1212,

Thank you very much for taking some of your time to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the nice comments and were very happy to read that you have been pleased with our service time & time again. I will pass your comments along to the staff and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I spent one night at the Inn on the Lake while at a conference in the area. The hotel itself is very nice: the rooms are small, but clean and well-equipped, and the restaurant downstairs is very good (try their excellent Atlantic salmon). The location was farther from the airport (and from Halifax) than I had imagined, but very conveniently located for visitors to Fall River. If ordering a taxi, be prepared to pay additional charges for the cab driver's trip out to Fall River. The view overlooking the water was lovely.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
susannelson, Owner at Inn on the Lake, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear BronwynG-D,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback. I’m pleased to read that you found your hotel room nice and enjoyed our onsite restaurant & lounge. Should you ever come back to Halifax, please keep in mind we are just 10 minutes from the airport and a 15 minute drive from Halifax, as well please ask about our larger rooms. We have 39 unique rooms with various sizes, including two story suites. Thank you again for you review, your feedback is important to us and we hope to see you again in the future.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We started off our trip to Canada by staying at this inn on our way to PEI for a week long vacation. The staff was very friendly, the rooms comfortable and cozy and the restaurant had wonderful food. We stayed again on our way back to the states and had the most beautiful room. This is a place we'd love to go back to.

The inn was closed to the Halifax Airport.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank car5311
susannelson, Owner at Inn on the Lake, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear car5311,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. I’m very happy to read that you had two great stays with us during your first trip to Canada. I will pass your comments along to our team. Hopefully you will get a chance to stay with us again sometime.

Goose Bay NL
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stranded at Halifax Airport 2 days before Christmas not pleasant. Called in on the lake within 20 minutes their shuttle was there. It was 10 at night by the time my flight was cancelled. The driver offered to call the restaurant since I had not ate since breakfast. My luggage was delivered to my room and the clerk told me to go and eat and relax, we could do the check in after. After diner went to a warm comfortable room where all little details were taken care of to make my stay enjoyable. The staff was friendly and helpful, made me feel like I was amongst family. Will definitely go again but next time will plan my trip so that I can really enjoy all they have to offer. I was stranded but they made it feel like I was not.....Awesome thank you. Made it to my destination the next day.

Room Tip: View of the lake 2 sides I think
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank ooglkik
susannelson, Owner at Inn on the Lake, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear ooglkik,

Thank you for taking time to write a such a nice review on us. We had a number of stranded travellers over the holidays, we understand how stressful it can be. I’m very happy to read that some of your stress was alleviated by the hotel staff. I will be sure to pass on your nice comments on to the team. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fall River
Downtown Halifax
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites

Been to Inn on the Lake? Share your experiences!