“A very enjoyable stay at a magnificent B & B!”

Jacob's Well Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 7 Rathdrum B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“A very enjoyable stay at a magnificent B & B!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

In August, I spent a weekend at Jacob's Well Bed and Breakfast. Located in the heart of Rathdrum in Wicklow, I found the area scenic and an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life which I am used to from living in Dublin city.
On my arrrival, I was greeted by a warm and friendly host who escorted me to my ensuite room where I was to spend the duration of my stay. The room was very comfortable and very clean and was an ideal place to relax after a long journey from Dublin and I had an excellent view of the very picturesque landscape nearby.
On both evenings I dined in the adjoining restaurant where I encountered helpful waiting staff. The food I received was tasty and I found the service very punctual.
Al in all, I cannot fault my stay at Jacob's Well and wound advise any of my friends to pay a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Holly785

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Myself and a friend stayed several nights at Jacob's Well and we were thoroughly impressed with the outstanding service from staff and the excellent qualities that the B & B had to offer.

The staff were very warm and welcoming on arrival and offered us refreshments which was very welcomed after a long drive. They helped us carry our bags and showed us to our room. Our room was very spacious and the decor was completed to a very high standard. The room was extremely clean and contained everything that we would need during our stay.

Throughout the whole of our stay the staff were always on hand to assist us and were very friendly and polite and nothing was too much to ask. They assisted us with directions to local amenities and tourist attractions- recommending what was best to see and how to get the best offer available to us.

The food was outstanding- all cooked from fresh using all fresh ingredients. The bar was very big and spacious and served a variety of drinks to suit all.

I would thoroughly recommend Jacob's Well as we had such a pleasant stay and will 100% be returning again in the future. I would personally like to thank Noel and Helen for their excellent hospitality and all the bar staff for making our stay so enjoyable and relaxing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chantelle G
Cappa
Reviewed 15 September 2013

In all of my years of booking hotels and b&bs I have never once been told that there was no room reserved after booking online via booking.com. We had driven for hours and when we arrived and were told that there was no room available, the staff didn't seem to think this was a problem and never actually uttered the words "I'm sorry about this". They have a slap-dash attitude to customer service and with an attitude like this in the current times we live in I wouldn't be surprised if occupancy rates plummet and Jacobs Well B&B was no more !!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank TOD T
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We booked Jacobs through another on line booking website booking.com and received confirmation of the booking. When we arrived after a 5 hour drive, there was a lot of waiting around before the bar staff eventually told us that they had 'missed' our booking and were over booked. They sent us to another B&B miles away which was of a lower standard and not at all centrally located. In addition despite the fact that they knew we wanted a twin room they fobbed us off with a double room to get us out of the place. We eventually moved to a 3rd B&B that had twin rooms. VERY POOR service and attitude from Jacobs. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank DeeO105
Cumbria, England
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Saw this place on Trip Advisor and it certainly lived up to the reviews - it was excellent - nice big rooms (my double had a single bed as well). Spotlessly clean - GREAT breakfast - good pub next door. The staff and the owner were friendly as well. I can certainly say we'll be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank BanksCumbria_England
Cork
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

This B&B represents real value based on its location, quality of rooms and service

The B&B is maintained to a very high standard.
The entrance where the breakfast is served has a traditional feel.
The rooms and hall ways have a more modern feel

The rooms and ensuite bathrooms are large and well kept

We found the staff to be friendly and enjoyed our breakfast

This B&B is located in the main street of rathdrum, which is a good location for exploring wicklow, it is a short drive from glendalough.
I must add that I didn't particularly like the village of rathdrum itself

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ConorFi
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Both the b&b and the gastropub are quite good, modern and fresh while retaining the charm of Rathdrum. Noel and Helen are enjoyable hosts, whether you want to experience Wicklow as a tourist, as a student of history, or to investigate your Irish roots. This is an excellent base, right in the middle of a beautiful and historically deep area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Myles B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rathdrum
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
#2 of 6 in Avoca
Tudor Lodge
Tudor Lodge
#4 of 12 in Laragh

Been to Jacob's Well Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!