Maxims
  • Pool
US$33
US$41
  • Restaurant
DZH Health Resort Club(Genting Highlands)
US$44
Grand Ion Delemen Hotel(Genting Highlands)
US$72
Your Hotel Genting Highlands(Genting Highlands)
US$31
TripAdvisor
Resort World Genting(Genting Highlands)(Great Value!)
US$221
  • Restaurant
Genting View Resort(Genting Highlands)
HotelQuickly
Kayangan Apartment(Genting Highlands)
Agoda.com
All reviewspremier roomnespresso coffee machinehighland hotelfree wificheaper hotellarge tvnice bedother hotelscheck in was smoothroom amenitiesbig roommini barno air congenting grandpleasant stayfresh airnight stay
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Genting being one of the premier highlands resort is very popular amongst many that seeks a cool refreshing holiday. My family and I decided to stay here for a short weekend getaway and stayed at the Highlands Hotel. As previously mentioned by other reviewers, this hotel can only be booked by members hence its gave me a feeling of exclusiveness. Though this is true to a certain extent, this hotel along with most other Genting hotels gives me the impression that it's main customers are patrons of the casino. Although the rooms and the floors that I stayed in has a big sign of no smoking but upon entering the room, the 'after smell' of smoking still lingers in the air and the existence of ashtrays and matches provided courtesy of the hotel clearly indicated that although it is a non smoking floor, you can still smoke in your room. Families with young children like myself would not like to stay in such hotel as it could be quite uncomfortable after a while.

Apart from that, the other negatives that I found about the rooms are, the level of cleanliness is not as what I have expected, some stains could be found on the bedsheets and toilet and also the paper thin walls. I would also like to note that the rooms are much larger compared to the other Genting hotel, "First World"

Although I enjoyed my stay here, i would appreciate it if the management of the resort could really enforce the "no smoking policy" indoors. Patrons smoking next to a huge no smoking sign is truly a mockery.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank merk_kl
Reviewed 7 February 2011

At over 5000ft above sea level, this is one of the best casino resort I've visited. With very large theme parks both indoor and outdoor and hundreds of stores for your shopping spree, it is the best a family can get.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2011

My friend said this is a 5 star hotel but I was utterly disappointed after I stepped in the lobby and saw all these so called luxurious decor because it would only be considered as luxurious in the 80s!! Check in was slooooooooooooow! And the room and the bathoom are even worse, i would say it's a 3 star hotel from the 80s. It is old and dirty with stains everywhere, and reminds me of college dorm...... and they still use the old brown blanket rather than down blanket and it's thin and with the temperature dropping low at night time, i was not warm enough. Plus the bed is just old and soft.... Well.... the total experience at this Genting resort area is pretty bad. We didn't go to the Outdoor theme park because it would be too challenging for my 2 year old and we stayed in the indoor one and again, the whole park is like an amusement park from the 80s. We took the monorail which took us also to the outdoor park and even though they have one or two newer rides, the whole thing is just so beat up. We did spend sometime in the indoor splash pool which is the best experince because they had pretty warm water and fun rides for my 2 year old (but the problem is that it would not be too fun if you have an older kid) and also because it was pretty misty inside so I could not tell how beat up the place is. All in all, I just find Genting to be very old and dirty and not well maintained. With so many new hotels and competitors in other parts of Asia, I just don't understand why anyone would like to go to this place.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Toffeeyyy
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Whenever I intend to go Genting...My first choice would be 1.Maxim 2.Resort 3.Highlands 4.Genting 5.First World (if left no choice..when fully booked). I would say Highland hotel is normally booked by all the silver card and gold card gambler. I only used points to redeems rooms in this hotel. What i like about this hotel is: near to its main casino...if you lost while gambling..the first thing in mind is to head to your room and sleep...and no worries..staying in this hotel, you will get back to your room in just 1minutes. Bed is comfortable..though not as comfy as Maxim..no security access..except for the lift card..anyone can always jump in with you from the lift. Tv channels..is alright compare to other hotels. Only in this hotel and Genting..they have chinese channel "wahlaitoi". I dont like the toilet door..it cant seems to be able to lock from inside or outside. My 3year old son actually came in with super light kick on the door and voila... the door is open wide and clear for him to view...while Im doing unfinish business on the toilet. The hotel actually never done any major renovation...still the same old interior..compare to Resort..they had done a major facelift in the room and toilet and they are not bad...so, if you want to stay in genting..just refer to my list i wrote earlier.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2010

The biggest USP of Genting Highland is its location. You can watch clouds washing your face from your hotel window. I stayed in this hotel with my parents, spouse and two kids. The check in was a long winding thing as is common in all the Genting Hotel due to volume of the guests they receive. Highland Hotel rooms have a dated feel to them and require refurbishing. Room décor is OK. You have variety of dining choices in Hotel Highland Complex. A particular mention is made to Spice Garden Restaurant which serves authentic north Indian food. The hotel Casino is very nice and was very crowded when we were there. The outdoor and indoor theme parks are in the vicinity and quite a hit with Kids.
Overall a satisfying experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family