“Modern Design”
Review of Maxims

Maxims
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Genting Highlands
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had a 3D2N stay at Maxims. The hotel on the whole looked grand with a huge Lobby. Being on a Sunday upon our checking in, the crowd was at its minimal. Our first encounter was with hotel staff, which we find to be unfriendly.

We were at the 10th floor. The room had a modern design. Small space. even with a modern design, we had a Box TV which we felt that it does not tie with the concept.

There is no aircon just a fan but the cool wind had already made the room cool. Toilet was clean and well-kept.

On the whole, its a so-so experience for us

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ZnAfamillia

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I normally stay at the Resort Hotel or First World if the Resort is fully booked. This time I was lucky to be offered 2 free nights at the renamed Highlands.

I did not request for any special room but was given a newly refurbished room on a non-smoking floor. Sometimes when we leave it to luck it works out better than expected. As I had requested for a big double bed the only available room was far from the lift but I did not mind the walk. The room was just next door to the store room so it was easy for me to request for a packet of creamer or whatever they short-supply us. I found the room spacious yet cosy. There was a huge super king-size bed which I found very comfortable. The bedding was a perfect white and so clean. I had a most comfortable sleep. The sofa chair for watching tv has a leg rest too which I find soothing for tired legs.

They supply the rooms the daily newspapers and a large sweet orange/a large pink apple everyday. I liked the Lipton teabags but not did not like the 2 types of coffee provided.

The check-in was fast and the girl who checked me in was very pleasant,polite and helpful. There is an RM200 deposit which would be refunded upon checkout.

The location of the hotel was superb for gamblers as the casino is located just above the hotel. I would choose to stay here again if given another opportunity.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheKampungOwl
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We redeemed the room with casino points (35 points only) so didn't expect too much. However we found the room is in quite good condition and the bed is comfortable. No air conditioning but only fan. It's acceptable since the air temperature is not too high but it's a bit humid. The decoration is quite old-fashion. It will be a good choice if you are planning to spend most of your time in the casinos but not the hotel room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Been to Genting Highlands many times but it was more than a year ago since we last stayed there. They have now changed the name to Maxims Hotel. Previously it was called Highlands hotel. Our recent trip up there was due to the water crisis that made me and my family travelled up to Genting for a one night stay. Rooms were the same except for the change of new carpet flooring outside the rooms. Upon checking in, our TV was not in working condition and the light in the toilet was fused one side. So we had to call the technician to rectify the problems we faced. They took more than an hour to turn up after complaining for the second time. The beds were very soft and comfortable compared to those last time which was stiff and hard. Overall, everything was fine in the room. Starbucks is just at the lobby area. While Baskin Robbins ice cream parlor, Famous Amos and a few other eateries are just round the corner.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jejmong
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Me and family travel Malaysia trip 4 day first in malaca second KL third here when i arrive i can't believe 3.00pm but still cool and fog. I check in hight land hotel and take free shuttle bus look around genthing the facility in hotel out side good but the window in bath room stuck can't open well and hotel mostly open air no air-con because alway cool every is good i will back next holiday here again (only relax not gamble) ... Good

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Good stay at Genting Highland. Check in accurate and fast. The room every thing just fine but I feel the room still can be up grade due to all the thing look oldest. Location is good easy access to casino. In front hotel have a big car parking. Starbucks coffee just locate at lobby you can have a nice drink any time if I not mistake is opening 24hours.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CedricLim
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed so far. Room is spacious with free 2 bottles of water and 2 cans of soft drinks plus 2 fruits replenished everyday. Bathroom is big with a bathtub where you can open the partition and watch tv as you soak in the soothing bath. Alternatively, there is also a separate shower room and wc. Access to the casino, shops, restaurants and theme parks are just steps away. I believe it is the only hotel in Genting Highlands with excellent internet connection in the room and it's free too!

Room Tip: Ask for the 12th floor if you need internet service.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills
Awana Hotel
Awana Hotel
#7 of 10 in Genting Highlands

Been to Maxims? Share your experiences!