Stayed here for one night in September 2007. Unlike other hotels which has their lobby in one grand hall, this hotel has a long lobby that also doubles as a walk-way. It is quite obvious that this hotel is aging. The rooms and the corridors seem to be from another time (i.e. 1970's) which I think destroys the ambiance for most people. The hotel could also use more lighting as it could get quite dark in the lobby and in the rooms at night.
The room itself is reasonably clean though I discovered some sludge-like substance in the bathroom's sink area. A downside is that there is no air-conditioning in the rooms but it's no big deal. Genting is several hundred meters above sea level and is relatively cooler than KL.
Their breakfast and dinner set is fine. It has more Malaysian fare which is fine for a foreigner to sample. Again, their restaurant area could use a bit more lighting.
Another downside to Awana is its location. There are few attractions nearby. Getting to the casino and to most attractions require a cable car or taxi ride which may take several minutes.
Overall, I probably wouldn't stay in this hotel again. The ambiance destroyed it for me. The stay was just not as pleasant as in other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in five-star luxury while taking in breathtaking views of a majestic mountain range landscape within the comforts of your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Awana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Genting Highlands Hotel Genting Highlands
- Awana Hotel Genting Highlands
- Awana Resort Genting Highlands