“We know you are a huge property..Great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Resort Hotel Genting Highlands

Resort Hotel Genting Highlands
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Genting Highlands
New Delhi, India
“We know you are a huge property..Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The best part about genting is its vicinity to KL.Its a lovely small little hill station for the Malaysian locals with chilling weather throughout all seasons.There a quite few hotels in genting & yes they are all really big properties.My cousin had booked this for me & my family as we were on a holiday to genting,Ohh man the moment we entered the hotel it was like a supermarket with lots of people waiting at the reception ,lots many walking here n there don't know why and lots many standing at the reception to get their rooms.It was indeed a confused and messy scene but very well managed by the hotel team.We got a higher floor room with some open views from the window,room was spacious with a very clean bathroom.The hotel complex is literally a maze with very intricate underground tunnels below the hotel complex connecting many other avenues.The hotel has its own huge eating joints and casino area with lots many people in them.This property is supposedly the best in entire of genting.Overall it was a memorable vacation for me & my family at resort hotel genting highlands & a big thanks to my cousin for booking this property for us.Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room for the decent views
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

It is not often that one, who is a non-gambler, gets invited to stay at the Resort Hotel, Genting Highland for free. A friend had some rooms to spare and kindly extended that invitation to me; it was an offer I could not refuse.

It had been more than 2 decades since my last vacation at Genting Highlands, so I absolutely had no inkling of what to expect as far as the standards of the rooms goes, except that they, from my friend's perspective, were 'nice'. The Resort World Hotel is classified as a 4.5 star hotel - the ambience of the reception does reflect the 'standard' of such a rating, comparable to quite a number of other hotels with four stars or higher ratings that I had stayed in. Checking-in was a breeze, perhaps because we had arrived quite early in the morning before the 'crowd' period of the afternoon. However, we were not able to access our rooms till after 2 pm.

As requested, we were given two, non-smoking, connecting Superior rooms, and to our relief, there were no residual tobacco smell in the rooms, contrary to what we had often experienced in some other hotels. Perhaps we were lucky or perhaps the management of this hotel had found some way to keep it smoke-free; if only hotel managements can somehow enforce that simple restriction more effectively!

The rooms were spacious with a king size bed in one and twin singles in the other room. Standard features include a 32 inch LCD television, electric kettle, electronic safe security box and a mini-refrigerator. There is no air-conditioning in view of the cool climate of the Highlands (it was a comfortable 24 degrees). In its place, there is a ceiling fan that does provide a cool respite to those who are naturally 'hot' under the collar.

The bathroom has the standard shower stall with a shower hose as well as an overhead rain-shower - for those who love to have a good soak in the bath-tub at the end of a long day, they would have to make-do with the rain shower. A feature not commonly found in other hotels is the dual access to the wardrobe from inside of the bathroom as well as from the room. Most people would find this discomforting but for me, I find it very useful indeed.

The beds were firm but comfortable and the sheets are clean. Personally, I find the pillows a tad too soft for my liking, but then, that's a personal preference. The carpet was generally stained from use although it doesn't feel 'mushy' when walked on with your bare feet. It could do with a good steam clean and it would be as good as new.

Overall, the rooms were decent when viewed in terms of the rates that it charges for the rooms, considering that I am quite an easy guest to please, however, I had a small gripe about the rooms that would put some other more 'demanding' guests off; the rooms in which we stayed in were surrounded by other buildings, depriving us of the beautiful views of the highlands that would otherwise be available for our enjoyment. In addition, a few stories below, were several exhaust fan units which created a constant 'humm' and 'buzz' sound that could be quite annoying even when the windows were shut tight. Light sleepers should take note and ensure that they are not assigned rooms in the right wing of the hotel.

If one is prepared to pay more than RM300 per night for a reasonably good hotel room, I would recommend the Resort World Hotel - provided the room is in the left wing. If it is free, that's another story.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the right wing if you are sensitive to noise
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cotton2012_13
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

There are a few hotels belonging to the GENTING GROUP in Malaysia. All the hotels are clustering at the highlands about 6000m above sea level. Of these, The Resort Hotel seems to be the best of value. This hotel has been renovated. The rooms are of good size; unlike The First World hotel, where the standard room is so limited in space, one can hardly move! There is a newly renovated restaurant , RESORT SEAFOOD, at the first level. This hotel is connected to the various casinos and other entertainment areas; and have frequent free shuttle bus service to-fro FIRST WORLD HOTEL. At level 5 basement, there are few economical food outlets, lottery outlet, bus office, small sundry store. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the high floor, looking into Kuala Lumpur. The night view of the city with the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 313globetrotter
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We come to this hotel for our christmas holiday. This hotel actually supose to be better than first world, according to my opinion apart from far location from bus terminal.

The receptionist is very efficient during check in and check out time..

Hotel from lobby, room, bathroom etc is ok. quite acceptable

I just not really happy when ask for hot water for my baby milk the staff come and bring the hot water in plastic container. I really sure that one not BPA free and not safe for baby. Further they give me completely new electric kettle that sooo damn smelly.. huft.. I ask my husband go to the coffee bean downstair and further dissapointment come when my husband buy a cup of coffe and ask the staff to refill my baby bottle with hot water and the staff say "actually we didn't provide this service but since you buy coffee already, so ok.." what kind of service given.. a total dissapointment..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Book this hotel with grassland express ( Singapore) for a 3D2N vacation and did not really expect it to excel in any areas, as there was literally no attraction at Genting as almost everything is under renovation ( over exaggerated, maybe?) , for the up and coming theme park.

However, to my pleasant surprise, this hotel was service and accommodation was beyond what I have expected. Lobby was clean and welcoming with many color spectrum light tubing hanging down from the ceiling. Hotel staff were courteous and helpful while helping us to check in. Daily English newspapers supplied daily to our doorstep along with a replenished pantry compliments.

Rooms were spacious and elegantly decorated,with many television channel being aired.

Negative side of this hotel was that the view look into the corridor of Genitng Grand, while the bottom was just the roof of the linking bridge to the other hotels. Beds were hard (asian standards) so do not expected a comfortable nights rest, if you value a quality slumber. Location of the hotel are way off the main attraction, in which, require you to do some walking if you want to do some sight seeing or take part in some activities other than gambling.

Room Tip: Ask fora high floor and a outward looking view, if you want to make the best out of your stay here.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank im-young-jae
Mill Park, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We were disgusted with this place. Not only for it's terrible service and run-down, cruddy hotel (we stayed at the indoor theme park hotel), but for the fact that 90% of this place is 'closed for renovations' - which actually means it's been completed gutted, bulldozed and all that remains is rubble. Would have been nice to have found this out before we got there and what would have been better was a prompt during our reservation process to make us aware that most of this 'theme park' was closed.

I guess none of the above matters because in essence, this place is not at all about theme park 'fun'. It's about gambling. My family was the only western family staying at Genting - it is essentially frequented by the gambling enthusiasts of Malaysia.

The only park (and I use that term very very loosely) that was opened was the 'indoor theme park' and OMG what a shamozzle. It took us hours to work out the layout, it was the single most noisy, sensory over-stimulating place I have ever visited. Loud pumping music with horrible levels of bass, bright over done tacky lights on every conceivable sign and wall. It was awful. Hell on earth was what we named this place on day 1. Our opinion didn't change in our 3 day stay. So dirty and run down.

Advice re room choosing? There are no good rooms. This place is hell. No room service, no bell service, nothing, and it took us over an hour to find the hotel once we got off the cable cart, we had to make our way through the awful maze of tunnels which branch out into various casino rooms, til eventually you go through a carpark, in two lifts, about 4 escalators and then across a road to our crap hole hotel. Argh. Just writing this the hairs on the back of my neck and standing up.

Looking through our holiday pictures (since this was fortunately only one stop on our trip), we didn't take a single photo here. Oh I lie, 1 photo, of the clouds coming in since you're so high up, at certain points during the day you are actually walking through clouds - that was my highlight, not 'cos I was walking through clouds, but because it blocked out the rest of my view of this hole.

You'd think for a place 2000 metres above sea level, the air would be crisp and clean, NOOO! It's soooo disgustingly polluted. I could go on and on and on about how absolutely disgusting this place was but you still wouldn't quite understand. All I can say is I will never ever ever visit this place again, not for all the money in the world, not with free first class tickets. It is a dump of a place!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Diane S
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

i loved my stay!
is a decent property
good quality of food
i found it complete value for money
hospitality is good
its located at genting..
which is complete fun city
with lots of entertainment
overall perfect stay

Room Tip: city view..
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills
Awana Hotel
Awana Hotel
#5 of 10 in Genting Highlands

Been to Resort Hotel Genting Highlands? Share your experiences!