“Winter time stay”
Review of Lamplighter Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sioux Lookout
Lamplighter Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sioux Lookout
Thunderbay
“Winter time stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I would like to mention, me , my hubby& daughter & mother in law stayed in a standard room with two queen size beds :) stayed in march of 2013. We got In around evening , but the restaurant was open and the food was amazing. The staff were okay and pleasant, we stayed behind the hotel with our own outside door and indoor hotel door also. The room was very spacious and clean, I loved how they updated with flat screen tv, the restaurant didnt serve alcohol , which was a shame :( cuz I wanted a morning cup of screwdriver (orange juice & vodka) . Other than that, the location is out on the highway , a distance from town, but okay. I woul definately stay again

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Owlx3

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kakabeka Falls, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was put into a smoking room because I had a dog with me...one of the rooms at the back. It was horrid. Too badbecause the service was excellent but the room was so smelly and I could smell urine too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 539CLA
Northwestern Ontario
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while catching the train east (one before and one after the trip) The staff was excellent, the room was good and the price was great. The front desk clerk was very helpful in making arrangements to leave my car there during the trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank yakinnancy
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2012

At first glance, the Lamplighter Motel might look like a real budget motel. And it is, in the real sense of the word. At $70 a night (the rate I paid in late September), it's a real bargain for the good quality room standards you get here. Very clean, spacious rooms, that had a nice, soft perfumed scent when I walked in. Comfortable bed, flat screen tv and a microwave and mini-fridge available in the room as well. Add in the free wifi and you've got yourself a great hotel room for half the price of the major hotel chain down the street!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
10 Thank BradGriffith
Geraldton, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Although I didn't stay at the hotel I use it to accommodate traveling forest fire personnel who work for the company I represent. The rooms are all extremely clean and the prices are very reasonable. The hotel has a decent restaurant open early for breakfast until mid-afternoon. Prices were decent. The rooms are typical motel but none of my forest fire guys complained.

The customer service at the Lamplighter is worth mentioning, though. Staff are always extremely accommodating and have even refunded rooms late at night when fire personnel are unable to check in - even though they could have kept the money and resold the room.

I'm impressed with the motel. It is full during the summer months and I can see why.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank GeraldtonSteve

Been to Lamplighter Motel? Share your experiences!