“Tired Inn! Tired space!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Admiral Inn & Conference Centre

Admiral Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lindsay
Toronto, Canada
“Tired Inn! Tired space!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Last minute booking here, and the last time we will ever come here!
We made reservations at this place because our first choice was fully booked. Unfortunately for us we got a tired old room and not a so called renovated room. This place is stuck in the 80's and decor seems to be still there. Beds were horrid as was the linen!
We were referred to go to the adjoining restaurant! Watch for the review of that experience! It doesn't get any better!
Sorry for the bad review but how can a place like this be in business in 2014!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Admiral Inn two weekends ago and this place deserves a review. I was pleasantly surprised. After reading the past few reviews I was scared of what to expect, however the hotel was actually very underrated, and I had a great experience. A family member told me it was recently renovated so this helped when placing my reservation. When we arrived, the rooms were clean, and exceptionally large. I had stayed in another hotel nearby, also in Lindsay, a couple years back and these rooms were significantly cleaner, larger and newer. There was an awesome restaurant in the hotel, with amazing service. I was told that it recently opened last month and the new chef even came to greet us, Chef Konstane or something, I may have spelled that wrong. I ordered Greek food and it was delicious!!! The chef sat down with us and kept checking up to ensure we were satisfied. It was a very upscale, modern style restaurant, unlike anywhere else I have stayed in Lindsay. My family and I ate all meals there and loved it. The front desk was also very friendly, I would definitely recommend this hotel to people traveling in Lindsay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yands10
Brougham, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband I stayed here last weekend when we were in town for a concert. I had read reviews on here and almost didn't book a room.

The staff was wonderful to us upon arrival. Our room was very large and spacey. The room was newly renovated with a new paint job, ceiling job, new tiles and grout in the bathroom with a good size shower/bath. The King Size Bed was very comfortable and even the pillows were tolerable.

It isn't a 5 star hotel and isn't meant to be but for the price, it was more than worth it.

When booking, ask for a renovated room because you can see where the place is tired, but it is anything from being a rundown dump like others had posted in reviews for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laura082952
Parry Sound, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Much to my surprise I stayed at the Admiral last weekend and see a lot of improvement. The torn carpet in the halls has been replaced through the halls and the conference rooms making it a very nice and clean looking with new lights also. I stayed in a King room and found out I was the first to try out the new mattress, after talking to the front desk I found out that new furniture and carpet was coming for the rooms. We went for dinner at the new restaurant Konstantines and the food was amazing. Definitely a place to stay again when I am back in town. Cant wait to see what else they do.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank samantha c
Brantford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you are looking for a tired building with an attached restaurant that can't last more then a year for lack of customers, rooms decorated in the traditional "motel" striped bed covers from the early to mid 80's, Zellers bedside lamps and particle filled pillows then this lil' jem is for you. The establishment has had its share of ownership but unfortunately nothing really changes because there just isn't enough people coming through the doors to make it profitable. At one time to offset cost they allowed a tractor trailer company to test its drivers on the parking lot. Awesome for those that want to sleep in. My advice would be to stay at the Kent Inn until Lindsay gets a newer proper hotel. Sweet dreams

Room Tip: keep driving its a dated hotel with little upkeep. Very tired and in need of a remodel top to bottom...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Kevin L

Travellers are raving about these Lindsay hotels

Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Was travelling in the area yesterday with my wife and we wanted to have lunch here. When we got here it was closed and only saw one car in the parking lot. I must say for a well known and established business to stay at plus eat it was said to see that everything appeared closed up. Not only is this place looking tired but there were numerous potholes in the parking lot plus front entarance. We ate year a number of years ago while on holiday and really enjoyed! Sad to say there the owners have appeared to let things slide.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Mississauga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

It is such a shame that such a nice little town, with very nice people and a couple of good restaurants has not one place to stay. This Inn is in rough shape. The walls show patch work that looks like it has been waiting to be painted for quite a long time, carpets are worn and dated. Everything is old and worn out. In an emergency - you could stay here - the place was clean - just rough. There is no breakfast available, no continental or otherwise, not even a coffee station in the lobby. The only coffee available is the sad coffee maker with powdered creamer in your room. Rooms still have keys?? and check out is not automatic, you must turn in your keys and get your invoice.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maggie_May305
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindsay
Days Inn and Suites Lindsay
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,480 reviews
No photo provided
Victoria Motel
#3 of 6 in Lindsay

Been to Admiral Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!