“BEST VALUE”

Knights Inn Lindsay
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lindsay
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at the Knights Inn to complete my level one instructors licence for snowboarding. It was conveniently close to Devils Elbow, and WOW. This place gives you such a great bang for its buck. I paid $60 for a queen size mattress, a living area, fridge bathroom and huge closet space for all my boarding gear. Complimentary breakfast is just a bonus, nothing too crazy but beyond $60 worth, guaranteed. The owner is very generous and makes sure you have a good time!!

Room Tip: its only $5 to bump from a double bed room to a queen size bedroom. in the queen size you get so muc...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Timothy K
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Lindsay

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed two nights in Knights Inn Lindsay for the Cannington Dog Sled race on Jan 25-26 2014. It has been a very cold winter and it was around -20c and snow whole weekend. we checked in to our room around 3pm. we are at room #27 on the second floor with 2 double beds, an old tube TV, mini fridge and microwave.

The room was well heated when we arrive and I'm very happy about it.
For a highway Motor Inn standard Knight Inn has very spacious rooms, clean and no funny smell at all. it has Writing desk and chair, big dressers, 2 more chairs and round table for eating, plenty of lighting and Bathroom was clean. Shower is nice, hot and good water pressure. The beds are also very comfortable.
Sleeping quality is good, did I mention it was -20C outside? the door and windows are well insulated so there was no cold drift coming through the gaps or hearing noise from the wind.
Did not hear noise from other rooms, only hear some plumbing noise in the morning from room down stairs or maybe next room.

Maid service was good, bed was made next day, towels changed, new soaps and supplies in the bathroom.
Yes the rooms are dated but for a highway motel level, this Knights Inn is doing a good job.
The free breakfast is very basic coffee, cereal, milk, toast, bagel, peanut butter, jam etc.

Only a few of things I don't like was their outdoor lighting needs to be improved, especially their signage was dimmed and hard to see from the road.
All the room doors needs to be slammed hard to shut so we could hear door slamming noise 5 doors away from our room.

I would definitely come back to this hotel if I need to come to this area again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank kitty1104
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I just recently got married and I did not have a clue where to stay. The Knights Inn had one of the best "honeymoon suites" available in Lindsay so we ended up staying there for two nights. I am thoroughly pleased with my choice. The decor and feel of the suite was just perfect for after a wedding. Lots of room, has a Jacuzzi which you would find after going through the french doors and into a connecting room that also features a mini bar behind it. I see many people whine and complain that it does not look like the photos or is old and outdated. At least some of us out in this world are not travel princesses. The rooms are decorated adequately and are actually really attractive in the style and theme they have to offer. People need to realize that they are not staying at a 5 star chain Hotel, but a quaint, small town Inn. They do not have the money to just dump at will into a "better tv" for your entertainment. Or on that note, to "update" the rooms even. If it works, don't fix it. The room was warm and at a great temperature. The management went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable. They have a late night phone outside the office so if you need anything, it calls them while THEY are sleeping just to serve your needs. I admire such dedication to customer service... it is in my opinion a greater weight in my reviews than anything material. For what I paid for this suite, I was hard pressed to leave and I am shocked that there are people who actively hunt for flaws in what many consider a wonderful place to stay when in Lindsay.

Well, at least I won't be neighbour to those people when I stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Counting_-zZz-_Sheep
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at this inn for one night. Booked a room with two double beds. The bedding is old but the mattress itself was decent. The room was cold when we arrived, turned up the heat and left the room for a few hours. When we returned, late at night, the room was warmer but not warm enough. Extra blankets in the room would be helpful for those really cold nights.

The bathroom is very outdated and also cold. There are two separate baseboard heater for the bedroom area and the bathroom area.

Free breakfast food is available in room#2 at the inn. It did not look appetizing so we did not stay to try the food. It contained basics like bread, donuts and cereal.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Another_Excursion
Reviewed 28 November 2013

According to the pictures, the hotel actually looks great. Upon arrival, it was not anything like the pics. We had a old fashioned TV that had to be turned on manually. We did have lots of cable channels though. The room had lots of dead flies everywhere. Ewww. It did have a fridge and microwave. Not sure if they both work yet. The door locking mechanism is wonky. The heat is not very good and is at the max setting. No beds bugs that I can see yet. There are 2 lamps that do not work. The tub looks newer but the sink must be replaced. With a little bit of fixing up and updating it could be OK but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We had a very good stay at the Knight's Inn in Lindsay. We used it as a staging point to go to a show at Casino Rama (about 40 mins away) and it suited perfectly. The property is about 3-4 km south of Highway 7 and Lindsay proper, but not too far that it will cause any problems. The motel staff was very attentive and friendly, and our room on the ground level was very clean and tidy.

This is the most economical property in the region, and has a great location from which to stage your other activities. Quiet, clean and comfortable. What more could you ask for???

Room Tip: Pick a ground floor room so you can easily enter and exit!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beeville_Jeff
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was a really pleasant stay at this Knights Inn. Stayed two nights and had a very comfy sleep in so nicely clean room.Breakfast was nicely set up in a small room, had tea coffee bagels and many choices for nice start of your day. 5km out of town but nice and quiet. Office staff was very friendly and both nights room was cleaned nicely and towels were changed without asking. Will surely come and stay here again on my next family visit.

Room Tip: King exicutive room with fireplace
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindsay
Howard Johnson Lindsay
#3 of 12 in Peterborough
Super 8 Peterborough
Super 8 Peterborough
#2 of 12 in Peterborough

Been to Knights Inn Lindsay? Share your experiences!