“Poor Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Lindsay
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant four or five times. Our first impression was very positive - the decor is new and fresh, the food was good and pricing was excellent. BUT. . . each time we visit, the service gets worse. Our last visit was with guests to our home and turned out to be an embarrassment! My wife and I ordered Chinese which arrived at the table quite promptly. Our guests ordered Sushi. We had eaten almost all of our dinner before the sushi began to arrive. The waiter seemed a nice enough young fellow but was not dressed to serve tables and wore a baseball cap all evening. He was unable to recognize the various sushi dishes and often served plates to the wrong person. He didn't know when the full order was complete so reordering was delayed - with more waiting for the preparation. The kitchen seemed to prepare take out orders as a higher priority than eat ins. Our guests reported that the sushi was far from the best they've eaten. It was close to two hours from the time we arrived until the last of the sushi was delivered and consumed and our guests were not big eaters. What a shame that such a good effort to provide Lindsay with a nice place to eat is being ruined by untrained and apparently inept staff.

• Visited December 2013

“Was not satisfied.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Not sure if the customer service was intentionally bad or if it was due to a language barrier. The food was poor quality. Out of the twenty things we ordered as a group I would only ever pay for 2 of those items again. The grilled eggplant and salmon avocado roll were not bad. I am a chef, and quite a foodie, and am very open minded to new tastes, however this meal was very low quality. The octopus is very rubbery, all the deep fried items were drenched in grease (cook in far too low of a temp) even amateur cooks could do a better job. The server was not accommodating what so ever, and did not understand any of our questions. Again, probably partially due to a language barrier. They do not offer any drinks other than pop. The tuna sashimi seemed off, the color was very yellow. I will not return

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Emma D
Lindsay, Canada
“Mediocre Food Horrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I hate to give a poor review but I have been here 3 times now and the last time I had to be strong armed to go. The food is mediocre at best. The service is horrible. I just can't understand what others enjoy about this place. Please oh please Friday lunch group pick somewhere else... Anywhere else.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AlwaysAskALocal
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was very impressed with the quality of food you get with the all you can eat menu. I had an assortment of rolls and sushi and everything was very fresh and delicious. The service was great and the food came to my table very quickly. I've made it a point to go for lunch because it's quite cheaper than the all you can eat dinner. I haven't tried anything yet from the chinese menu, but I'm sure it's amazing. This will definitely be one of my regular go to places in Lindsay.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ashmx3
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“I feel like I went to a different restaurant than the other reviewers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Service was good but the food was not. We don't care for sushi so ordered from the all you can menu. All the chicken dishes tasted like they were made from cheap frozen chicken. Most of the dishes were nothing special. Was totally amazed when the ice cream my husband ordered was brought to the table before the main course dishes we ordered. Highly unlikely that we will be returning.

• Visited September 2013