“my favourite veg restauarnt in Thane”
Review of Hotel Shagun - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hotel Shagun
Reviewed 20 December 2009

It is a good hotel with value for money.the service is ok, but follow up helps.Have been there for a few times & now am going by choice ,my first experience was of having breakfast & that itself made me choose this hotel.now its regular choice because it is pure veg.

3  Thank Mrrgs
Reviewed 10 November 2008

I & my wife were shopping in Wonder Mall (on Ghodbunder Road) one day and was dead hungry. We wanted to munch on some delicious (strictly) vegetarian food and someone suggested Hotel Shagun nearby. Hesitatingly we went inside and found that the ambience inside was pleasant, though not great. We quickly scrolled through the menu and were decision-less at the end of it. :) So we asked the waiter about the specialty of the Hotel - he suggested "Daal Khichdi" or "Veg Biryani". We ordered both the dishes and were praying that the food should be good enough...

Within 10 minutes, the waiter brough Daal Khichdi...The good smell of the dish aroused our hunger and we literally jumped onto the dish. Let me tell you, this dish is very nice. It's actually basmati rice mixed with yellow daal. It is served hot in a copper kadhai and tests awesome. Usually one Daal Khichdi should be sufficient for one person. Then we ate the delicious Veg Biryani. It too was delicious in smell and fantastic in taste. I am still remembering how satisfied we were after our lunch.

It also serves many other delicacies like Paav Bhaji, Baby corn soup, punjabi dishes, sandwiches, and fruit juices. I would personally recommend these dishes to all who like to eat good vegetarian food. The price is just above average (not too pricey you know). So you get more that what you pay for. Go for it at least once and I am sure you'd like to eat there quite often.

You can reach Hotel Shagun from many directions. If you come from Thane Station, come to West and catch a rickshaw to Wonder Mall on Ghodbunder Road. This hotel is located just next to Wonder Mall. The nearest landmark is Wonder Mall (also known as Cinemax Wonder Mall".

2  Thank testing_guru