“comfortable weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in As Sifah
Oman
“comfortable weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We usually go to Sifawi to spend a weekend with the family.
The ambiance is relaxing, with good food, and good service.
The AC in the room is noisy, and the swimming pool is not temperature controlled.
We always ask for the pool rooms, that are very practical

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FidoOman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Stayed here for the New Year for several nights and cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. It is truly 5-star (at a great value) and we are already planning our next trip to Oman namely due to our wonderful stay at the Sifawy Boutique Hotel. The hotel setting itself is stunning – the ground are well kept, our junior suite was large, clean and new, and the beautiful pool is also conveniently centrally located in the hotel. The Sifawy provides a truly relaxing and secluded setting where you can come and “get away from it all” – while enjoying gorgeous landscapes and water views (including a private beach). Now is the time to go. The service was impeccable – the staff including the manager were extremely welcoming and friendly, always ensuring our needs were met. The food was excellent with a breakfast buffet to die for – many options to meet any diet restrictions. Last but not least, the manager himself helped us arrange amazing day trips to the desert and to watch schools of dolphins – unforgettable experiences. Don’t wait to book, it is truly the 5-star stay you are seeking!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed at the Sifawy Boutique Hotel for a few days around the New Year. It was an all-around wonderful experience and extremely relaxing (a much needed break from the bustling lifestyle in NYC). The property is gorgeous (private beach, breathtaking views, luxurious rooms, and top-notch pool and lounging area) and little details such as a pillow menu (anti-aging, non-allergy, and wool, just to name a few) and fresh carrot juice shots before dinner really set this hotel apart. Every level of the staff (from the cleaning crew, receptionists, and waiters, all the way up to the manager) was warm, friendly, efficient and always willing to tend to our every need. It was nice to see the hotel manager interacting with the guests and ensuring that the hotel was running at an above-par level. The combination of truly 5 star accommodations and superior service at the Sifawy Boutique Hotel made our first visit to Oman unforgettable and we are already planning a return trip. Stay here if you have the opportunity, you will not regret it!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MVINT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

Roons are nice, but the puplic areas are a little bit poor (hallway,gym). They tidy up well but no welcpme drink, no water or small things included. Breakfast buffet was great, the rest of the food is average and far too expensive for what they offer. Beach is far away and there are no toilets there. For sure the will is there but they strongly have to improve to become a high-class hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Daniel F, General Manager at Sifawy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I also appreciate and acknowledge the comments you have made. There is still a lot of work to be done, particularly within the Marina Town, and I am sure in time we will see significant change and development.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to host you again.

Sincerely yours,

Daniel Fanselow
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

If you want to do not very much on a remote piece of Omani coast, but do it in luxury, then this is your place.

This is quite a high end hotel so has well appointed rooms built around a lovely pool with various facilities like a nice gym. During my stay the onsite restaurant served consistently excellent breakfasts, lunches and dinners. The hotel also runs a very good seafood restaurant built on a delightful sandy beach about 1km away (transfers provided).

Service from all the restaurant staff, housekeeping etc. was top rate. I also felt the hotel was good value for the discount price I paid via a special offer on their website - around GBP 100 per night for a high quality hotel compares favourably with other options in this part of the world.

The downside is that this is not a good base for doing any activities away from the hotel - it's a 45 minute transfer to the Muscat area (either by road, or by boat service which I'd recommend trying) and a further 45 minutes from there to the airport. I had already done my sightseeing in Muscat so that wasn't a problem, but the one thing I did do was a half day diving trip. This turned out to be quite a lot of hassle and something the reception staff didn't seem at all used to arranging. Unfortunately I got stranded for 2 hours at a remote marina waiting for my ride back to the hotel after my diving and had to phone 3 times to get them to pick me up... pretty poor customer service for this type of place.

The other downside is that the hotel beach is not great for swimming - too many stones and sea urchins. However, there is about a 2km stretch of lovely sand a 10 minute walk from the hotel, adjoining the sleepy village of Sifa.

As other reviewers have commented, the Sifawy is phase 1 of an ambitious plan to develop the whole area, complete with 4 hotels, golf course etc. There was a small amount of construction work going on whilst I was there but nothing to disturb the experience. From what I saw there were already a lot of empty apartments and hotel rooms that need filling - my guess is it will be a while before the development is complete. So for now, this is a great place to get away from the crowds.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jodie_FM
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed at the Sifaway for three days over New Year. This is a lovely resort style hotel set around a pool and marina. The hotel has been open around a year and there plans for three further hotels in the development, but as yet these are not complete. The hotel is surrounded by marina apartments but most of these are yet to be sold, which makes the site a bit soulless, although I would expect this to change with time. It is a good hours drive from town so you would need your own transport if you want to do any sightseeing and it best to arrange this before you go, the only place to walk to from the hotel is the local village As Seifa which is a friendly place. On a positive note as we did not realize how far this hotel was from town we arrived with virtually no petrol left in the tank and the nearest petrol station is back at town, the hotel staff kindly arranged to pick up petrol from town and filled my tank with enough to get me back to a pool station for free!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kinacollector
Muscat
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

• I Checked in around 3pm. Reserved table #8 – 2 seats with Front Desk Receptionist, Jam.
• We arrived at 9:30pm to find table #8 full. I asked wait staff why my reserved seats were taken? No answer.
• My room’s patio terrace was blocked by serving table. I asked to have it moved as it blocked access and my view. Staff refused to move it. The hotel decided to use the electric outlet on the patio. There was extension cord laying on the floor that tripped me when I first went outside. I fell against the table blocking my patio breaking several wine glasses on it. This was a safety concern.
• With no where to sit I asked that my food be served on the table on the terrace. The staff refused to do so.
• The Operations Manager explains that my seats are taken. How can that be I ask? They are reserved. He says that he has no control over that. He also refused to serve my dinner on the only open table in the area, my patio This is truly brilliant! I tell him we are finished with the discussion and go to the front desk to complain.
• Did I get a assistance from the front desk? No. NOTHING happened. I left and got food elsewhere.
• Upon checkout I asked to see the GM. Mr. Daniel Fanselow met with me to discuss the issues documented above. He explained how the hotel has no control over where the guests sit at dinner. I asked then why have reserved seats? No answer. I explained that the table and electric cord were blocking my exit, view and were safety isses. No answer.
• The buffet breakfast was included in the room rate. I was able to get my food, wait for the omelet to be cooked and finished my meal all before the server could bring 1 cup of coffee. Unbelievable! At least the service was consistent.
• The front desk attempted invoice me 50 OMR ($130 USD) for the dinner that I did not eat being fully aware of the circumstances.
• When I sent a follow up email to the GM he indicated that somone more important than me had taken the seats and I was properly compensated by having the $130 removed from the room bill.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Captain_Dave_L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I do regret the inconveniences you faced during your recent stay with us. I assure you, it is our sole objective to ensure our guests leave the Hotel happy and satisfied.

Regrettably we faced some difficulties with the seating arrangements during the New Year’s Gala Dinner and I apologize that the seats which you had reserved had been taken by other guests. We had tried to rectify this on the night itself, but unfortunately the other guests were not receptive at all. I also understand that alternative seating was offered, which you unfortunately declined. I had been informed of your request to have dinner on your patio, after the seats which you had booked were taken, and I gave an exception to the team to honor your request. By the time our Operations Manager went to your patio, you had unfortunately already left.

I trust you would understand that in order for the event to be a success (6 course set menu for 120 people), we require maximum resources and space, and in no way was this meant to be an inconvenience. Quite the contrary in fact, that we did our best to ensure a pleasant evening for everyone.

Again, on behalf of the Hotel, I apologize for any inconvenience you faced during your stay with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you once again; in which case I assure you will notice a marked improvement.

Sincerely yours,

#2 of 49 in Muscat
Pioneer Hotel Apartments
Pioneer Hotel Apartments
#17 of 49 in Muscat

Been to Sifawy Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!