Hotel des Chenes
US$195
US$93
US$76
Travelocity
Auberge de la Commanderie(Saint-Emilion)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Great location and view of the surrounding farmland. Everything went perfect. Only stayed 2 nites and ate only breakfast in hotel. Would not hesitate to return for another visit.

Room Tip: Pool on site but no fitness center. Could not rate restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

my wife and i were met by a very laid back manager, he was not the best . the location of the hotel was brilliant. he the room was good. the breakfast was very basic. the lady on reception when leaving was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

If you want to meet a mr grumpy in a hotel, book into this one. Never had such a cold reception as we had from a manager. Also, we could not gain entry @ 22.20hrs tho' it was made clear that door did not close until 22.30. Eventually he appeared and reluctantly admitted us - not a word was spoken. Room and breakfast were good.

Room Tip: pay the exra for one with a terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I have been travelling to France 3-4 times per year for the past 20 years and have nothing but praise for the welcome that I have been afforded as an Irish person with very good French. This August, my wife and I decided to stay in Pujols to do some cycling and read all the previous reviews on Trip Advisor in relation to this Hotel. However, we now fully agree with many of these comments and would not recommend this Hotel in any circumstances to a non-French person. On arrival, there was a French couple in front of us and as I speak and understand French fully I noted the very warm reception this couple got from the male proprietor at the desk. They were told all about the facilities in the Hotel and the area and the welcome was very warm indeed. In fact during the five days in the Hotel, this welcome was repeated on several occasions to French guests. When the couple had finished, the proprietor heard us speaking English and automatically simply said name without the formal Bonjour which is so part of French culture. As soon as I gave him my name he spoke in very broken English and gave me the key and asked were we taking breakfast (we declined with a price tag of 11 Euros!). I spoke back to him in French as my French was much better than his poor English and when I told him that we were not he simply grunted. Over the next five days the same indifference was accorded to us each time we passed the reception. Once we asked about getting an iron and again he said they do not do the ironing for us and pretended to not understand my French. What made it worse was that he joked in French about this to other guests in the reception in French, all of which I understood fully! In conclusion, avoid this Hotel at all costs - it simply should not be in business with this type of welcome to foreign guests and should not carry the Logis label. As I said at the beginning I love France and the French and have never experienced should rudeness as an Irish person in 20 years. Finally, prepare to sweat in the bedrooms - the one we had had a plastic sheet which meant it was impossible to sleep!

Room Tip: Book online - it is cheaper
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This had to be the least welcoming reception I've had in more than 40 years of staying in hotels. After ringing a bell reception at 4pm a gentleman (the proprietor) finally appeared looking very surly. No 'hello' or 'did you have a good trip' just ......'nom'.
We asked whether it was possible to book for dinner at the restaurant which shares the same site - answer 'NON!!'
The hotel was obviously quite something in it's day but is now very dated. The lovely location deserves so much better.

Room Tip: Ensure you do not get a connecting room - they are far from soundproof!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple