“Dry in June 2014”
Review of Busay Falls

Busay Falls
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I must agree with one of the reviews here. The Busay Falls that I went to was in Babatngon Leyte and not in Padre Burgos.

It was unfortunate that when I went there in the midweek of June 2014 the falls was missing. It was dry. Sadly no water.

It is a picnic area and my 1st impression was it needed a bit of cleaning up and a landscape improvement. It was also super hot and humid the day that we went.

A group of foreigners came and then left upon seeing that there was no water.

Our group stayed and proceeded with our picnic. If only it had water. The picnic would have been perfect.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have been to Busay Falls several times and it's actually in the municipality of Babatngon, Leyte which is in the far northeast corner of Leyte Island, about 15 km north of Tacloban. I believe it's a park and recreational area owned and operated by the municipality and the entry prices and picnic sheds are very reasonably priced. It's quite a fun place for Filipinos and tourists to enjoy a day of eating, drinking, conversing, and just having family fun. There is a swimming pool fed by mountain spring water but one can also dive and swim in the pool below the waterfalls. And further down there is a shallow run-off area of water that is safe for even toddlers to sit in.

I think there may be some confusion here about which Busay Falls we are reviewing. Another review here says it's near Padre Burgos but that's a town in the province of South Leyte. I know that town but have never head of a place called Busay Falls near there. Perhaps there is such a place and there is some confusion on this website about which to visit.

I do know the Busay Falls near downtown Babatngon, Leyte and I do recommend it for a fun family outing.

4  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 20 September 2012

These falls apparently have seven levels but as usual I only saw the lowest.

Our group parked the car at the side of the main road to Padre Burgos. Four local teenagers (males) 'guided' us in the usual spontaneous way. We tipped them 100 pesos.

The walk took 11 minutes and included a couple of spots where a nice photo of what in Australia would be called a creek could be obtained.

The falls were clean, although I did not enter.

2  Thank Victorianlad