“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL”

Appart'City Paris Bobigny
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very sketchy.No deadbolts.2 guests had cell phone & laptop stolen within 24 hours of my checkin.Staff didn't help-Police didn't help b/c of language barrier.Bad section of town-tour guide met us@metro 4 escort.Wall outlets hang out.Weak wifi only in lobby.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank m g
There are newer reviews for Appart'City Paris Bobigny

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Fair price for good hotel, specially for Paris, a little bit far, but the rest compensates it. Big rooms with little kitchen, clean, and breakfast available. Excellent and helpful staff. Tram and subway close, and It only takes 30 minutes to get to city center.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank giuqT
Reviewed 7 May 2014

As many reviewers have said, the hotel is in a run down area, furthermore, to get to the metro station you have to walk through narrow passageways due to construction sites, adding to the already unsafe vibe.

But moreso, the hotel staff is extremely lazy/incompetent. 15 minutes to find our reservation, only to put us in a room that hadn't been made-up. 30 minutes to get us another room. This time one without pillows. Another 15 minutes standing at the front desk waiting for pillows.

If we hadn't told them our car was in the garage, they wouldn't have known to charge us for parking. Also, most Appart'City hotels have secured parking garages. This one does too, but they're too lazy to secure it so the gates stay open all the time.

There are a million better hotels near Paris, save yourself from ruining your trip and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: The top floors seem nice, but watch out for power outages. The hotel doesn't have a generator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank efficient_traveleur
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The flooding from the showers is a real problem. Took a shower before bed, got up in the night and went skidding, cut my knee open and banged up my shoulder on the dooe. Don't know why I bothered with the shower though: the shower gel was empty and I only had a hand towel as the hotel is delayed for its delivery of towels. Still, nobody on the front desk cares, so why should I? Oh well: never again Appartcity Bobigny!!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank SeMangeFroid
Reviewed 31 March 2014

After reading previous reviews I was incredibly apprehensive about staying in this hotel, and to no surprise, all my expectations were fulfilled.

The staff were unhelpful, our rooms were unavailable an hour after we were assured they were going to be ready (after waiting already), and the rooms..? Nothing to write home about.

Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank JamesTravel01
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here in March 2014 for a week and the hotel itself was actually ok, although it is in a bit of a run down area.

We had a modern room which was clean, warm as we had the radiators on constantly, and the windows thankfully blocked out the noise of the busy road.

Everything in our room worked and there were decent, if not slightly excessive self catering facilities, i.e. pans, pyrex dishes, wine glasses, a caraffe, coffee machine, small dishwasher etc. stuff you probably wouldn't use - yet one very minor let down was that there was no kettle so we had to boil a pan of water for tea.

The room didn't get cleaned all week, which is a bit weird, but not tragic I guess, although a change of towels wouldn't have gone a miss.

As for the area, yes it's a little run down, but t's not the Bronx by any means and I wouldn't say I felt unsafe. We got lost twice trying to find the hotel and both times two locals noticed we were lost and pointed us in the right direction.

The hotel is about a 3- 4 minute walk from the Bobigny Pablo Picasso Metro stop, but doesn't have a sign on the outside, so we walked past it twice!

For anyone going, It's on the opposite side of the carriageway to Hotel Campanile and is the big, new white building on the corner, which could be mistaken or an office block, as the foyer is often full of people sitting around using the wifi, as was the case when we walked past it twice.

When your off out, It's about 20 - 25 mins to central Paris on the Metro dependent on where you are going.

All in all, I was expecting the Hotel of Horrors after reading the reviews, but it was half decent, and ok for the money. We paid £160 for the week which was the cheapest 'ok' looking hotel I saw and I did shop around a fair bit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S_T_Freeman
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've stayed in many hotels but this is the worst hotel ever. I've stayed in cheap Motels that had waaaaay better service than this place.

Here's the rundown.

1. Upon arrival, the receptionist had told us that they misplaced our reservation but that we were "lucky" they had a room available.
2. After getting our room keys, they did not work properly and had to be issued a new room and room key. Two days later the room key ceased to work again and had to be issued yet another key.
3. The bed is not a standard bed but two small beds layed next to each other to look like a full bed. I won't even get into how uncomfortable this was to sleep on, let alone trying to have sex. It just didn't work.
4. You must use the same linens and bedsheets for your entire stay. The bedsheets on the bed upon arrival had multiple red and black stains from repeated use. Seriously? A whole week and I can't get fresh towels?
5. Oh and you also get 2 half sized pillows. I'm an adult, I need a full sized pillow. I would have never thought that that might be too much to ask.
6. After a whole week's stay, we needed another roll of toilet paper and we were informed that extra toilet paper was an extra charge but that she would just give it to us. I almost couldn't stifle my chuckle at the ridiculous nickel and diming of this place.
7. The site mentions the amenity of wifi but I soon realized that wifi is only available in the lounge area. There are approximately 6 available seats with tons of people filling the small room by sitting on the floor along the walls. This is unacceptable in today's day and age of technology. People have to get work done and not within the vicinity of children running around while their parents check their emails.
8. There is only 1 iron available to share for all guests staying at the hotel.
9. There is no hair dryer in the room. I had to go to reception and ask for one upon which the gentleman told me that I needed to return it as soon as I was finished.
10. The phone in the room does not dial out. If you need to make a call, you must go down to reception and ask them to call for you. They do NOT all speak English. However, I did find that they try to assist in any way possible.
11. The room must be immaculate when you leave as you will be charged a cleaning charge if it is not. Really? You need to be motivated to clean a room after guests leave? This should be standard every single day. Cleaning once a week is simply repulsive to me.
12. There is no sign outside letting people know that this is indeed Appart'City Bobigny. You kind of just have to guess or ask directions and the people here are generally seedy and creepy.
13. No food or bar available and the vending machine was broken. There is no food in the local area either so if you didn't eat before you arrived you are SOL.
14. Oh and last but not least, you can't control the temperature in the room and there was a terrible noise coming from the pipes in the walls that I didn't even bother to complain about because I knew there was nothing to be done about it.

I'm sorry but I will never use this company again and will advise all travelers to go elsewhere with their traveling needs.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Lourdes B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bobigny
Campanile Paris Est - Bobigny
Comfort Hotel Bobigny Paris Est
Hotel Reseda
Hotel Reseda
#1 of 6 in Bagnolet
Appart'City Confort Paris Rosny Sous Bois
Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Pantin
B&B Hotel Paris Est Bondy

Been to Appart'City Paris Bobigny? Share your experiences!