“Pretty Good”

Campanile Paris Est - Bobigny
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bobigny
Reviewed 30 March 2014

After reading some reviews i wasn't getting my hopes up on the area or service, as i was travelling with my college it was obviously a cheap deal. As i arrived it seemed quaint on the outside, and not bad on the inside, had free Wi-Fi so couldn't complain. The room felt small for two people but had room to move around, lovely bathroom (no lock though but didn't bother me too much) shower gel and shampoo was provided through a dispenser on the wall. A little kettle with tea and coffee sachets, what felt like a fairly hard mattress with just one pillow on a single bed, which turned out to be quite comfortable. For two people there was seven plug sockets, plenty to go around. I had to adjust the shower head to my height and move it so i could use it, a tad impractical and when room service arrived they moved it right back. Enough storage space. Only one lift for the whole hotel to use, so took ages for it to arrive, the walls were very thin if people were making a lot of noise, which was annoying when trying to sleep. I didn't speak to the staff much but they didn't seem that unreasonable when reading other reviews, the breakfast buffet was very good, a variety of choices to eat and drink. I would recommend to people wanting to visit France, the down side is that it's a fair distance away from Paris so you would need further travel to get there, but all in all I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Campanile Paris Est - Bobigny

Reviewed 24 March 2014

A very nice and simple hotel, all rooms look brand new, there's free parking at the hotel and a metro station nearby. The staff is not very helpful or friendly though, otherwise it would have been perfect. Still I would recommend it for its location and interior.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

First night of my trip after arriving after a long day of driving over to Bobigny and unloading my luggage, I decided to have a quiet drink at the bar. Being 10 to 10 (bar shuts at 10 and I had waited 10 mins to be served - no apologies) I was refused a drink and told by the bar member he lives far away to which I replied I live 6 hours away!

Second night of my stay I politely enquired what the hot buffet was and was rudely pointed to the French menu displayed. I replied I cannot read french and he shooed me away again and carried on talking to another mebmber of staff. So I decided to not have dinner as not kmowing what the menu was!!!!

Overall I have found everyone grumpy and intimidating and awfully rude. Hotel was clean, but rooms very stuffy and warm.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rachael C
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Went on Paris break with national holidays 2 ladys had bags stolen.... Staff rude....area unsafe...too far out of Paris...same food 3 nights running.bar close 10 pm....great area for buying illegal things...unfortunately I'm not in to that!!!! National holidays been using this place for years....shame on them...maybe they will stop after 1million complaints.... I doubt not!!!!!!!!!. Ohhh and just to finish off...as left hotel for a walk...a french lady said ' stay hotel...it's not safe in this area '

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank de19
Reviewed 12 October 2013

As a place to stop over it's ok. The rooms are small, but clean and reasonably comfortable. The shower was good, powerful and hot. There is tea, coffee making facilities which was good, as you don't always get that in hotels these days. The staff in reception and the restaurant were helpful, there is also a multi-language menu if your French isn't very good. The buffet menu was good, plenty to choose. If you're getting there by metro/tram it's a bit of a walk, but I think by car it would be easy. Location isn't great, but if you're just stopping by for a night it's an ok hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights having drove there from the Euro Tunnel. They have free car parking at the hotel which was such a bonus. With my limited French i was daunting the booking in having read other comments. I should have not been worried. The receptionists and dining room staff were very pleasant and offered to speak in English for us, In fact the staff who can speak another language wore badges showing the languages they could speak.
The room was to be what was expected, very clean and the bed was very comfortable, In fact by Paris standards the room is relatively large! A new initiative just started if you decide not to have room service each day they will offer you a 5 euro voucher to use in the hotel.

The restaurant was fine offering lots of buffets and other daily specials, whilst we we there they had starter, hot meal and desert buffet all on offer for 17.50 euro, a terrific deal.

Walking distance into Bobigny is about 5 minutes with good metro line 5 service into Paris. Plus tram 1 connecting towns around the north of Paris. The walk was pleasant enough with no problems at all.

All in all for those travelling on a budget i would recommend this hotel for a good value, clean pleasant experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. We were traveling as a party of twelve, so we took six of their double rooms. It appears that the hotel underwent a recent face lift as you can still see traces of the old hotel. The facilities were clean to standard. But the location is not optimal (10 minute walk to the metro in a bad neighbohood) and most of the staff had a terrible attitude, specially the night shift gentleman and the cleaning lady. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay and don't mind putting up with rude people and the bad neighborhood, then this is not a bad deal.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Yasurino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bobigny
Comfort Hotel Bobigny Paris Est
B&B Hotel Paris Est Bondy
B&B Hotel Paris Romainville Noisy le Sec
Appart'City Confort Paris Rosny Sous Bois
Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Pantin
Premiere Classe Paris Est - Rosny Sous Bois

Been to Campanile Paris Est - Bobigny? Share your experiences!