“Abdul a man to trust who delivers what he says”
Review of Tunda Day Tours

Tunda Day Tours
Ranked #22 of 32 Tours in Watamu
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Abdul a man to trust who delivers what he says”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

After reading many reviews here we chose Abdul from Tunda Tours to organise our safari for us.
I had emailed Abdul prior to holiday to get some ideas of cost and lodges. We then met him on first night of holiday at TBBC and arranged safari
We did Tsavo east and west in a great big 4x4 Land Crusier 10 seater i think, and as there was only the two of us had loads of room.
We chose a local company over our tour operator because they use mini buses that they fill up as much as possible, so you could be on a bus with up to 8 other strangers clambering for the best views. With Abdul you get a personal service set out to your own requirments. Not only that but as they had had quite a lot of rain the week before a 4x4 was best for the job as we soon found out when we had to stop and help pull out a mini bus that had slipped off the tracks and was up to its axles in mud, no problem for a 4X4.
Our driver sparx had the eyes of a Hawk how he spotted animals and birds with one eye while the other on the muddyy tracks i will never know, and what he didnt know about the wildlife wasnt worth knowing. He would spot something stop and point it out to us and give us plenty of time to look and take pictures and never drove off again untill we were ready.
We saw ll types of wildlife apart from the elusive Rhino and the shy cheater, I think the highlight of the safari for us apart from the amazing camps we stayed at was seeing a lioness with her two little cubs. It was on the first day towards the end when we spotted a roaming lioness we tracked it to its den up on a hill and could just see the cubs bobbing about behind the bushes. We went back the morning after only to see the lioness with her cubs out in the open cleaning and preening them, we must have ben within ten feet of them, something we will never forget, well done sparx!
The camps we stopped at were both tented as that is what we wanted, first was the Manyatta Camp in Tsavo east, fantastic tents with there own private pools over looking open plains with just a very discreet electric fence seperating you from the many forms of wildlife you will see wandering by. The second camp which was in Tsavo west was the Severin camp this was luxury at another level
La carte meals lunch and dinner turn down bed service even a bidet in your tent lol again overlooking open plains but this time no fence, a real next to nature experience. The only gripe i have with both camps is we didnt stay at them long enough, something i will endever to put right on my next trip.
All in all a fantastic Safari experience organised by Abdul of Tunda Tours.
Thankyou Abdul and Sparx look forward to seeing you again.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank sgt1961

Surrey, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A great safari”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We have just returned from two fabulous weeks at the Turtle Bay Beach Club and during our stay there we went on a three day/two night safari to Tsavo East and West through Abdul at Tunda Tours. I got his name from the many positive comments on tripadviser. I emailed him with some info about the type of safari we wanted....luxurious tented and unfenced...and he sent me some suggestions and also phoned me to discuss it in further detail. After a bit of research I asked Abdul to try and book Galdessa in Tsavo East and Severin in Tsavo West. Abdul managed to get accommodation at both camps and for the dates we wanted. Galdessa is a beautiful camp set on the side of a river and is sort of Italian chic meets Out of Africa. The camp has two wild bull elephants that visit and wander freely around...quite exciting when they stick their head in the window of the lounge area...but they can be aggressive so the staff are careful to make sure everyone stays back. Apparently there is also a hippo called Harry who visits frequently but we didn't see him. The rooms are stunning and we were given a huge family tent with a separate area for the kids. It was very luxurious and had an enormous bathroom....I think it was number 12... You are not allowed to walk around this camp without a guard as it is unfenced and animals can come into the area. The food was lovely.
Our second camp was Severin in West Tsavo and again this was a stunning location in the middle of the savannah. Abdul had managed to secure us a suite ...I think it was Mizwani...it was even more amazing than the first room. We had a large tent with beautiful furnishings and a raised private viewing platform that looked over a waterhole and along a connected deck area was a seperate tent for the kids. This camp has small infinity pool where we swam while watching the warthogs wallow in the waterhole and a spa where my daughter and I had a double massage. Again the food was great. You can wander around in the daytime without a guard but a night they do ask to escort you. Both camps have Masai warriors keeping guard at night. I loved both camps but if I went on safari again I might choose to stay in one camp for a longer period of time as we only stayed one night in each we couldn't really relax and take advantage of the beauty as you are out on safari for a lot of the time. Also if you are changing camps you do spend quite a bit of time traveling to the next one in the van...However, this was what I requested and I am glad we did both as we saw a lot of Tsavo and both places were beautiful.
We met Abdul on our first night at TBBC where we discussed our trip and we paid him. He then turned up on the morning of our safari to introduce us to our driver Steve....we had a van to ourselves as requested.... On our safari we saw nearly everything apart from the elusive Rhino...most people we spoke to had missed the Rhino. We saw many elephants, giraffe, Zebra, Buffalo, lots of type of Antelope, three prides of lion, a leopard, crocodiles and hippo and many more. The trip was exciting from the moment we went through the Sala Gate in to Tsavo and even my sometimes hard to please 11 and 13 year olds absolutely loved the safari and managed quite well with being in the van for hours at a time. Steve our driver was excellent and seemed to know about every bird and animal we saw. He was very experienced which came in handy a couple of times when meeting slightly tetchy elephants on the road that didn't want to get out of our way!! We trusted him to guide us safely and he did an excellent job while being very interesting....on top of driving for hours on the bumpiest of roads.
The trip to Sala gate from Watamu takes about two and a half hours and is along a very bumpy road....there are many very poor children who line this road which can be a little upsetting but they are all smiling and waving. We did stop to give some sweets but it is impossible to give to all as there are thousands. After ending up in West Tsavo it was about a six hour journey back to Watamu...two hours of this were safari. The road back via back route to Kalifi is interesting and not so bumpy and you miss out busy Mombassa.
We had a fantastic safari and have definitely got the bug and are hoping to go again one day soon. Tunda Tours were excellent and I would use them again.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank OxshottLadies
Peebles, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I'd recommend Tunda Tours to all”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Just got back from an amazing holiday at Turtle Bay Hotel, made all the better by a superb safari experience. This was my family's second trip to Watamu - last time we organised a safari through the tour operators and ended up travelling 6 hours by road and paying over the odds. This time we decided to book locally. After some research I picked out two or three possible companies to go with and emailed them before we set off to get indicative prices. Two of them didn't respond, whereas Abdul emailed me back within 5 minutes giving me details of the possible safaris and prices. Once out in Kenya, Abdul met us at the hotel to discuss different safaris - he managed to get us an amazing deal at the Royal Mara, in the Masa Mara - throwing in a free tour of Malindi as well. I'm sure we got it at about 50% off the tour operator's price! On the morning of the safari Adbul arrived to take us personally to the airport, and waited with us as the plane was slightly delayed. The safari itself was immense - seeing all the big cats up close. Abdul had also managed to get us a bush lunch thrown in for free - basically lunching in the middle of the Masa Mara in the shade of a Baobab tree! Twice Abdul called the hotel to speak to us and the hotel manager to check we were enjoying ourselves. On our return Abdul was waiting to pick us up and return us to our hotel. An absolutely first class service from a quality guy. The only downside I can think of is Abdul's dubious choice of football team to support!!! Next time we go to Kenya I will be contacting Abdi in advance to help with our trip - I can't recommend him enough! Thanks Abdi from all the family - and hope you get that trip to Anfield sorted out soon!! Dave, Nadine, Kieran & Cameron

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Peebs8
Cumbria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Abdul Rahman of Tunda Tours”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Just returned from a two week trip of a lifetime to Kenya where we were guided and looked after by Abdul Rahman of Tunda Tours. We recommend Abdul for an excellent time in organising our three night safari to Masai Mara at the Governors camp including return transport to the plane and also made it even more special by informing the camp of a birthday celebration where the brilliant staff serenaded us with music, singing and a cake. Abdul is very reasonable with prices and got us a great deal for the Safari. He is reliable and always available by mobile telephone, and cannot do enough to make your trip special including a tour to Malindi for a taste of local life. In addition speaking to another couple at our hotel Abdul organised a boating trip for them and kept to his word when all other people dropped out and still ensured they had a great time. Thanks Abdul we hope to see you again soon. Abdul can be contacted by email: araxman17@yahoo.com or Tundatourssafaris.com.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank MICKANDKARENCumbria
ilkeston, derbyshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Use Abdul at tunda tours, you will not regret it”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

We used Abdul at tunda tours to organise our 3 day safari to kichwa tembo tented camp in the masi mara and we will will be using him again when we return next year. Abdul is a genuine, trustworthy and a gentleman, he took no money off us until we arrived in Kenya, we were a little dubious about handing over a large amount of cash so paid him by credit card, however, we needn't have worried and will be more than happy to pay cash on our next visit to avoid paying the credit card charge. Abdul personally took us to and from the airport and everything when without a hitch, thanks Adbul, see you july 2012

Visited October 2010