As a family with one child we decided to came for vacation in Watamu, at Temple Point Resort. We were here at the end of March and beginning of April. We were there for the first time and it was really wonderful experience and we definitely would like to repeat it. The hotel complex, the swimming pools, the beach, the room and especially the staff were excellent! If you have administrative problems - Leila is the administrative person, always ready to help you. We enjoyed exotic surroundings with a comfortable accommodation, quiet and peaceful atmosphere combined with very good evening entertainment. The hotel room had a big double bed and a separate single bed; the room was cleaned daily as the beds were arranged with beautiful flowers; the towels in the bath were changed daily. The room had an air-conditionind, safe, flat TV, fridge; mineral water was supplied daily. We enjoyed delicious variety of block table menus, fresh local fruits, vegetables, very good bar. In the hotel there is change desk, with rates a little lower than the official courses, but anyway it's very convenient. The hotel offers taxi services; there are bicycles everyone can use; there are tourist services, too. You can make Mida Creek boat trip from hotel beach - to see wonderful birds and places. Watamu is the nearest town and there you can go for a walk, visit souvenir shops, take diving courses (PADI) and go to dive in the near coral reef. In Watamu there's a snake farm (I recommend you to visit it first after you arrive - it stopped me from walking in unknown places and bushes), too; old Swahili village in Gede; Butterfly farm, too. Temple Point Resort has a very good security system in the hotel and beach area. There are beds and umbrellas on the beach, the water is extremely clean. If you forgot to take your sun protection lotions you can buy in the hotel or even on the beach. If eventually there is a rain they will borrow you an umbrella - just call the reception desk! In Temple Point Resort we had birds walking around and monkeys (for the joy of our daughter!). We had an amazing time in Kenya, in Watamu, we met many wonderful people and we'd like to recommend that place and we ourselves would like to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Temple Point Resort is a premier holiday beach resort located at the end of a headland between the Indian Ocean and Mida Creek. Surrounded by tropical gardens and the Mida Creek lagoon, the hotel is situated right inside the Watamu Marine National Park. Conveying the atmosphere of a delightful private home with luxurious accommodation, the resort standards are designed to provide the highest quality venue for both individual holiday makers and corporate functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotel.de and Agoda so you can book your Temple Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Temple Point Hotel Watamu
- Temple Point Resort Kenya/Watamu