we stayed in temple point resort two times: first time on honeymoon. It was like arriving to paradise...the garden was so tidy, flowers and plants everywhere, everything so clean, everyone very kind, always someone taking care of us and our needs. the buffet-restaurant was delicious, with italian and world cousine, and the possibility to have the dinner on the beach, so romantic!! this time, nine years later, we retirned with our kids...the rooms where quite the same, but everything was old, consumed, the garden was savage and dry, the bathroom in the room was broken and dirty...the restaurant had every night the same dishes rice-rice-rice-meat-meat-meat a and fish, salad, but not variety like the previous time. there were three persons thata should have been the activities staff but they didn't organize a thing. last time, on the contrary, we were quite pissed off because the staff was always calling us to do something: a football match, playing cards,, dance, sing the karaoke... Talking to the workers there they said thata before the resort was owned by "viaggi del ventaglio" and everything was better, but now the owner is a german society and they don't care so much of it...you can see it. But africa is africa, and when you leave it you suffer anyway, also if the hotel wasn't so good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Temple Point Resort is a premier holiday beach resort located at the end of a headland between the Indian Ocean and Mida Creek. Surrounded by tropical gardens and the Mida Creek lagoon, the hotel is situated right inside the Watamu Marine National Park. Conveying the atmosphere of a delightful private home with luxurious accommodation, the resort standards are designed to provide the highest quality venue for both individual holiday makers and corporate functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Temple Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Temple Point Hotel Watamu
- Temple Point Resort Kenya/Watamu