“Amazing Ice-cream”

Bahati Gelateria Italianna Andrea
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Watamu
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Small cafe/shop which sells home made icecream, pastries, soft drinks, coffee, cakes. I can't find them on the web, but it is very popular with tourists and locals here in Watamu. They do have a facebook page and I can provide a telephone number and email address should that help?
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We visited her twice in our two week visit of Watamu. My son had a crepe with ice cream and said it was divine. I had a banana split which was very tasty, service was excellent, very friendly staff and you can sit outside and watch the world fly by. We will definitely be returning when we visit turtle bay again in august.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

So glad to have the ice cream parlour here in Watamu - best ice cream on the coast! You can also get baked goods and very good coffee. I go there all the time and take all my non local friends who rave about it.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

What a delight to stumble upon this little gem on the main drag of Watamu village on our week of vacation last September. Once we discovered it we found ourselves there every morning for cappuccinos and every afternoon for gelato (sometimes a couple times a day for gelato!). In a week we had sampled all their flavours, and I can say they were all delicious. The waiter quickly learned who we were and automatically brought us our cappuccinos in the mornings and laughed knowingly when we came back in the afternoons. Andrea himself makes the coffee drinks.

When we returned to Watamu last week for a conference, a visit to Anna & Andrea was at the top of our must-do list. We were severely disappointed to learn that they are closed for the season until August.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Really great gelato / Amazing flavours - they are usually busy so expect to wait a bit. I must say great coffee as well

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We started lunch with generous portions of foccacia paninis and then sneaked in a Carroli (bit like a creamy custard tart filling rolled in a flaky pastry case all sugary and crumbly, before scoops of lovely icecream, all delicious but they ran out of the cappucino flavour boo hoo. There are some interesting stalls nearby and a tuk tuk gets you there without any fuss. It is mostly an Italian hang out place and can get quite busy in the afternoons.