Tribe Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: Tribe Watersports is based in Watamu, Kenya, and provides a world class watersports service which includes lessons, rental and hire. Currently East Africa's only BKSA approved Kitesurfing School they also cater for SUP, Deep Sea Fishing and Scuba Diving. From their HQ they run the Watamu Kitesurfing Club a rescue and storage service for kitesurfers living or visiting the area. If you have a sense of adventure come JOIN THE TRIBE...
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Tribe Watersport has left me with such an excellent experience that I may come back as often as possible in the future to kite-surf.
The beach in Watamu is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, and I seen much of the carribreans or south asian spots, it is especially perfect for kiting with all the space needed and good wind.
Lastly the tribe team is very nice and their approach puts you in confidence.
I highly recomand this spot

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I really enjoyed learning with Ben, the location is beautiful, the team is friendly and the price right. My only issue is that Ben was really busy with other clients so he cut my course, I only got 6 hours over 3 days and never got to the board. I only suggest you clarify your expectations and you make sure you get what you pay for!

2  Thank Seize16
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I did a three-day beginner course with Tribe Watersports, and I got up on the board on the last day! Ben is a great teacher, and knows all there is to know about kitesurfing. I also tried SUP, and it was a lot of fun.
Watamu is a perfect place for both kitesurfing and SUP, and the town is wonderful.
Go there!!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Ben and his team have done a wonderful job with Tribe. My instructor Tessy was amazing, so patient and encouraging as I attempted to kite-surf. She even managed to get me up on the board! Had so much fun with the team, all great people who I know i will stay in contact with. Ben and Ellie are doing a fantastic job and I wish them all the best for the future.
Watamu is such a beautiful town, and Tribe gives you the water sports experience it needs. Set beside the idylic Medina Palms, they have a beautiful location with amazing beach views, and luxury apartments right next door if you want to stay close!
I cant wait to see Tessy again in June, Kite-Surfing is AWESOME!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Sets the standard: no hassle, friendly, helpful Kitesurf centre. Ben and his team had all my kit ready on the beach every day. Ben is a seasoned kitesurf centre owner and was always on hand with advice and help. Great spot - mix of flatter water at low tide and waves closer of to the reef. No obstructions.