Medina Palms
US$195
Sun Palm Beach Resort(Watamu)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$140
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsplunge poolthe penthousecoffee gardenbeach barwater sportsseared tunakenyan coastfully equipped kitchenpool attendantpersonal trainerpleasure of stayingliving areatropical paradiseluxury resortself cateringlong weekendbedroom suite
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have stayed on several hotels and holiday resorts around the world but I never thought I could have such a breathtaking experience right in my country's coast yard. I remember when I looked up Medina Palms before my visit and saw the towels rolled nicely on the poolside beds, I thought it was just for photography. Only to get there and see them all set and inviting. Every day the pleasant staff set up the place to perfection as if following a strict code of excellency. Be it in the rooms (which I must add is absolute indulgent), around the compound, the gym, the spa or the dinner, the experience is jaw dropping with authentic pleasure. in the heart of every memorable experience is great environment and great service. This is one place you get it all. I highly recommend Medina Palms and like someone said here, if you can afford it better own a piece of it. You might just prolong your life by another decade. Probably the most beautiful place on the Kenyan coast!

Room Tip: The pent house with a private jacuzzi and open bathroom at the top will blow you away!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Watamu is one of the top 10 beaches in the world and Medina is simply a 6 acre paradise on this beach. Having stayed in countless holiday apartments and hotels, I was simply rendered speechless by the beauty of this place. Everything is finished to the HIGHEST standard, from cutlery to taps. The staff are attentive and trained to the highest standard, and they smile from their heart. Passion runs in everyone's blood at Medina, passion from what they do. Beautiful spotless apartments, fantastic food, great atmosphere, pure heavenly paradise. I wish I could stay here forever. This is one of the places you MUST visit.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay or even better buy the Amani presidential suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The pictures on here definitely don't lie, it is just the most beautiful place with an amazing pool going all the way down to the beach. We stayed in a friend's apartment which was really lovely, housekeeping came every day and kept everything spotless and did all our washing up, just luxury for a group of students! A couple of friends learnt how to kite surf with the water sports club there and the guy instructing them was really fun and was always volunteering to drive anyone not surfing down to watch the others. A couple went snorkelling and said that was amazing and the club offered free kayaking too so a few of us went off and did that as well.
It was so easy to do whatever you wanted - lie by the pool, go down to the beach, go in our own personal jacuzzi - which just made a lovely holiday, would die for the opportunity to go back there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Juliet C
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We never had the pleasure of staying at Medina Palms whilst on vacation in Watamu, however my little son and I visited the Medina Palms often for light lunches, wonderful coffees and just to sit in their beautiful gardens enjoying the breeze and the tranquility. We had an amazing three course meal at Medina on one of the nights and the food was out of this world! The service from our waitress, Daupine, that evening was immaculate. But the best place to visit at Medina is the Sakina Spa. What an absolute treat! I had numerous treatments over the course of our stay and each one was simply divine. It is beyond doubt the best spa I have ever had the pleasure of going too. The bonus was that they did kids treatments too .... so whilst I was busy enjoying my massage / facial / mani / pedi .... my little guy was being treated to kids massages, facials etc! He loved them, especially after hours in the sun and sea, it was a real treat. I can only recommend the entire property and we will certainly visit them again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

A new addition to the Watamu coastline Medina Palms is an absolute gem. We didn't stay there, only went for lunch which was great. The cocktails, tapas, staff and surroundings were all perfect. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple