“Over-hyped Pilipan”

Ranked #12 of 44 Restaurants in Watamu
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A friend of mine took me to this restaurant after reading the glowing reviews on here. I have to say that overall the restaurant is good but not the best I have been to at the coast. We went there on a Saturday afternoon and we were the only other diners there. The food was just okay. I had the chicken curry with naan and my friend had the beef stir fry. My curry was too salty and it still had bay leaves in it. The cocktails on the other hand were fantastic! I had the passion fruit mojito which was simply delicious!
Generally we had a good experience as the ambiance is quite nice. The restaurant overlooks the Mida creek so the view is not half bad. The toilets are clean which is nice.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. I certainly intend to go back for their cocktails!

1  Thank Angelicdisgrace

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great food, nice staff!
If you come before dark, the place has a very nice view overlooking the creek.

2  Thank Anders K
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Despite the fact that we were there in low season, this factor had no effect on the service or the food. Great service from the waiter, the music just at the right volume and the food was exquisite. The lambs rimbs were so good we even asked for a delivery to our hotel a few days after our dinner at the restaurant. We were six guests and each and every one of us was overjoyed with our food, which does not happen very often. If you're in Watamu and you're looking for a place where everyone of all ages and tastes can be satisfied, be sure to head to Pilipan. Enjoyy!!!

2  Thank Sheila L
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a fantastic lunch at Pilipan on their opening day for the new season.

Our meals were finger-licking-good, drinks cold and the service was friendly and efficient. You have a beautiful view of the creek from the restaurant.

Definitely worth a try!

2  Thank Esme v
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The best food in Watamu! Asante sana pilipan!
A couple of friends and I were hungry enough to sample their starters to mains, ranging from feta samosas to their Thai green curry and we're left wanting more.. After 5 starters and 3 mains we went on to have 3 desserts and recommend anyone to have the honeycomb and vanilla ice-cream...
Cannot wait to go back!