Wildfitness - Baraka House
US$160
US$140
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2012

.....I'd been planning to go to Wildfitness for 3 years, having researched a few fitness holidays before I finally booked myself on the three week body transformation.....I'd talked about it so much that my flat mate had gone twice before I got a chance to go..,...and every time she came back looking even more fit and happy...so I finally went and wasn't disappointed.

I had reservations for spending so much on a fitness holiday....however out of all of the holidays I took over the last year (I had a year out to travel - I went away lots) I can honestly say wildfitness was the best spent money for fitness levels, adventure, experiences and memories.....you won't be disappointed.

If you're wondering about the 9 days or 2 weeks (as part of the three week body transformation I did both) - I would definitely recommend the 2 weeks...there is more time to do more things and get into the swing of things.....even better if you can do the three and a half weeks...my body and fitness levels have never been as good as after my three and a half weeks a wildfitness.

The beauty of Wildfitness apart from the fact that you're in beautiful surroundings (its based in turtle bay which is part of Watamu Marine National Park an unspoilt beach on the indian Ocean....) is that you get to experience fitness through mini adventures in great surroundings that the team take you on.

Its not a bootcamp, (I've been on those before)..... you're not shouted at, you're not starved and you don't do excercises for the sake of it.
Wildfitness teaches you a new way of fitness and lifestyle in a short space of time....you not only come away fit and refreshed, but also knowledgeable about the various things that they teach you (boxing, bare foot running, kettlebells) so you get to continue them when you get home.

if you want to come back the fitest you'll ever be, have wonderful experiences, eat great food, overcome mental barriers to fitness and come back looking the best you've ever loked and felt than this is the trip for you

Room Tip: There is an option to stay in Baraka house or stay in one of the Pool houses - The best rooms are definitely at the Top floor of Baraka house - the views are second to none and you fall asleep listening to the waves of the Indian Ocean....even better if you stay during a full moon as the view of the moon's reflection on the water is one of the best you'll ever see. I stayed in one of the pool houses (you have your own pool - but the other guests are open to using it) its a 5 minute walk to the main house - if you like you're privacy chose one of the Pool houses.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MissWonderfu1
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I was looking to have a warm break in the depths of January somewhere beautiful and with some adventure thrown in. Also, travelling on my own I wanted to know that I would be with a group of like minded people and be safe and looked after. I love to be active and have fun but I also needed lots of R and R and there was plenty of time for that too.
Wildfitness exceeded all my expectations. The location is stunningly beautiful and my room was so lovely I could have just stayed in there there all day.
I achieved so much that I would never have believed possible and have consequently made small but significant changes to my diet and lifestyle that have made me thinner and fitter than I was when I was 20!
The coaches were amazing, fun, educated, experienced and athletes in their own right and my fellow travellers are great too.
The food was fantastic and the staff were delightful, lovely to hear their laughter as I dosed off to sleep.
Check out their website, you really do get what they promise. Worth every penny, I am ready to go again......it was VERY challenging though! be warned, but you can do it.

Room Tip: Speak to any of the team, tell them what you are after and they will see you get what you want. I wanted a room with a view of the ocean, I got the best room with a view on two sides with a balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Wildfitness is an extremely professionally run, well organised and fun course to raise the general level of fitness, flexibility and strength amongst clients while focusing on using natural ‘wild’ movement and behaviour. The course utilises a variety of activities in various stunning locations on and around its spectacular Kenyan coast location to provide an engagement of all muscle groups in a stimulating environment. The high energy coaching encourages clients of all abilities and skills to improve their abilities in many different activities over the duration of the course. A thoroughly uplifting experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2011

More physical effort than I have ever put into a day - multiplied by 14 for a two week stay!

Great food, an idyllic setting (white sands, warm, turquoise waters, monkeys in the lush green trees, coral reefs, a still creek), lovely people (the coaches, the other staff, the local people), creative and different exercises (boxing, kettle-bells, body circuits, par cour, climbing, balancing, running, swimming, throwing, skipping....) and a non-competitive but highly motivational ethos made this a trip to remember.

I have never sweated as much in my life (despite taking sport very seriously 30 years ago) but you set your own pace and push yourself as far and as hard as you want. All the time being encouraged, reassured, helped and assisted by the highly trained expert coaching team. 10 guests to 5 coaches means you get a lot of one on one time.

The talks on lifestyle, diet (this is NOT a fad diet but a scientific approach to how digestion works and emphasises lifestyle over diet at all times), movement, evolution and cooking and preparing food are fascinating and enjoyable and delivered in the shade of palm-trees while sipping freshly made fruit and veg juices.

The rooms were excellent (though a little hot truth be told) and the facilities and equipment of the highest quality.

I would recommend anyone to go on this - not cheap but, as many reviewers have mentioned, life-changing.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm C
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I have wanted to do the Wildfitness holiday for several years. We finally managed to do it November 2011. It turned out to be much more than what I had expected. I had no previous knowledge of what wild fitness was all about. Wildfitness is getting back to our hunter gatherer roots and challenging our body in such a way that was totally exhausting but at the same time so much fun. I arrived with a badly healed knee from an operation in May 2010 and left with a fully functioning one. What a result!

The coaches were so fit and knowledgable. I was most impressed that there were also local Kenyan coaches and helpers. They were all so inspiring! The people on your holiday become your Tribe and we all stick together to help each other achieve our best. I have never been with a group of people that I have enjoyed being with so much. The food was delicious and the kitchen staff extremely knowledgable about nutritious diets. Baraka House and the surrounding area was the perfect environment to get back to basics and get fit.

Room Tip: Room one is the best but all are excellent!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends