After staying in Kenya for about 2 months, moving around through drastically different types of accommodation, our stay in Ocean Sports Resort in watamu was definitely the most rewarding and relaxing experience, and the perfect way to end our trip in Kenya. The food was very good and the staff very sweet, welcoming and attentive. The rooms were perfectly comfortable and the staff took good care to make sure everything was in order.
The resort is quite big, and you can find a little bit of everything- privacy and quiet time by the pool or by the ocean and if you want some fun and are in the mood to socialize you can find that easily by the bar, or take a 3 minute trip in a tuk-tuk to the village.
All in all a beautiful place and a great stay-next time I'm in Watamu I wouldn't think of looking for an alternative, this place had everything I was looking for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The plaque on our famous 1952 bar boat states "Ian Pritchard sailed his boat through the reef and staked his claim right here. Cheers Ian!" And so the legend of Ocean Sports was born.Our ambiance is relaxed, friendly and barefoot chic. Frequented by a loyal following of East African residents and savvy overseas guests, many consider this being their second home.Located 20km south of Malindi Airport, within the protected Watamu Marine Reserve, our 30 rooms, suites and self catered cottage overlook Kenya's favorite, white sand beach.Our outdoor, ocean-side deck dinning venue is simply stunning! Freshly caught, sustainable seafood and local organic produce, inspired our French chef, Florian's new mouth watering menu choices. Delicious stone-oven piazzas and a 'daily specials' board, ensure something for all. Nature will nourish your soul! Our 14 acre plot boasts indigenous African fauna and wildlife that includes monkeys, bird-life and night bush babies. Low-tide reveals rock pool aquariums of sea life, crabs and even King George, our grumpy resident Moray eel! Turtles, dolphins and whales are observed further out to sea.Our name reflects our love of ocean activity and adventure. Deep sea fish with our professional charter boats to experience adrenalin hook ups. Blue water dive over sparkling coral reefs, all organized by our PADI scuba centre. Try kite-surfing, kayaking and boogie boarding - the ocean is your playground! Onshore we offer trail-biking, tennis, squash, hokey, beach volley and touch rugby. On weekends our resident DJ entertains all age groups in total harmony.We are "A small, stylish and sociable beach hotel for free spirits and active families in search of Africa" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Jovago.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Ocean Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Sports Hotel Watamu
- Ocean Sports Watamu
- Ocean Sports Resort Kenya/Watamu