“Good experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lamin Lodge

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Lamin
Cuisines: African
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lagos, Nigeria
“Good experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Had a break there from one of my trips/ tours. Had lovely African doughnuts and coffee.

Wished it was better decorated with some African/Gambian art.

Visited March 2014

Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MY SECOND HOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have been going to Gambia for the last 3 years now and i am absolutely in love with the place. Lamin Lodge is my favourite place to go. I am lucky enough to be staying out there with my dad who owns a compound in the Lamin village area which has a walkway about 15 minutes to the lodge. I think Lamin Lodge is a very special place if you know how to be with the locals around there. I have made very very good friends with the "boat guides" and can always gurantee a right laugh with them all, such friendly people! The food mainly consists of eggs, fish or rice and i always find it very delicious. The boat trips are not massively overpriced and it's got beautiful scenery as you are flowing along down the river. If you like a different, unique, wonderful and friendly place then Lamin Lodge is definitely a place to go for you! I love it so much, i'm off in November to stay with my dad for 6 months!

Last visited - January 2013-March 2013

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank joyce_jodie
Berlin, Germany
“Scammin Lodge”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

My boyfriend wrote a wonderfully articulate review of "Scamming Lodge" which has been removed by TA after a couple of months for unknown reasons.

I will write a quick summary here:
The 'controller' is a vile little troll who repeatedly made comments about what it would be like to sleep with me. He made these comments in front of a group of children.

They hand you a book of donations to the village. Each donation is over £200 and suspiciously written in the same handwriting.

The boat journey was massively overpriced. We think he probably charged us twice as much as it was worth, but we paid cause we wanted to see the birds.

Our boat guides were good overall except for one of them took a phone call at the top of his voice for 15mins out of our hour long trip. This kind of ruined the tranquil boat ride we had been promised AND scared away all the birds.....

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Helen K
London
“SCAM”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Lamin Lodge has shut down and a group of scammers are imitating it nearby.
They take you on an overpriced boat ride and demand tips of you. The boat controller is a bumster in disguise and gave my wife the creeps.

The taxi drivers are part of the scam too . They get paid for bringing people there.

Visited April 2013
5 Thank Shamu01
London, United Kingdom
“CHEEKY LITTLE MONKEYS!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

We visited Lamin Lodge twice during our stay in October 2012. These occasions were both courteous of touring in and around the Gambia.
The whole lodge is made from wood, has 2 floors, and also offers many boat rides into the River Gambia at a very reasonable price. The 1st time we entered the lodge, we awaited our barracuda/rice/salad, whilst taking in the great views of the water and mangroves. When the food had arrived on our upstairs table, velvet monkeys came out from nowhere to try and steal our food, scrimping and scraping the food off our plates as we hesitated! Can you believe this?! We didn't realise until after eating that there were bamboo sticks to beat them away with! Doh too late! But this is what makes a good experience into a great experience, and we thank all the velvet monkeys for their contributions to tourism in The Gambia!

Visited October 2012