“Amazing food, lovely people”
Review of La Maison du Vert

La Maison du Vert
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ticheville
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We ate there last night and just had to give them my first review on trip adviser! As soon as we walked in to the restaurant we was impressed, when we was seated outside in the lovely garden with brilliant views and smells of the herb garden we was even more impressed! The waitresses and the owners was very friendly and chatty and made you feel instantly welcomed. When the food came and we tried it we was all blown away at how good it tasted, especially the two men i was with who had never tried vegetarian or vegan food before! We was with a gentleman with learning disabilities and we have had mixed reactions during our stay in France, but he loved his meal out here and wants to visit again before we leave!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed in Maison Blanche which is the part of the hotel and it was one of the best holidays I've ever had. It is a very quiet place in a lovely small village, with a wonderful garden, some funny animals and birds. The house is very comfortable and had a beautiful view from my room's window (1st floor). The atmosphere was very quiet so I really had a very good rest from crazy rythm of life in the big city where I live. The food in restaurant both on breakfast and dinner was delicious (Debbie cooked many vegan options for me) and the table service made by young people all over the world was very friendly. It was great to feed chicken, geese and turkeys and also the very old sheep. All this made me very happy during staying there.
Normandy is a wonderful place for travelling: we've visited several beautiful towns, viallges and castles around and also the seaside and it was unforgettable. Thank you very much, Debby, Daniel and all the people from the international team!

2  Thank Maria_Porokhovskaya
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A wonderful hotel with brilliant vegetarian food and friendly service! My friend and I stayed for a week in the cottage in the grounds (La Petite Maison Blanche) which was clean, well equipped and very quite. We are both vegetarians ( she's a Vegan and I am coeliac) and our diets were expertly catered for. Perfectly positioned for seeing the sites of Normandy!

Room Tip: Both double bedrooms are a good size in La Petite Maison Blanche
1  Thank brian_hermiston
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A wonderful little hotel with great food, a fantastic garden and lovely people running the place. You can easily stay here and explore the beautiful landscapes and villages of this part of the Normandie.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My partner and I (vegan and vegetarian) stayed at this lovely vegetarian/vegan hotel/eatery for a few nights and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is set in a peaceful village which is within short driving distances from various chateaux in the area. Our en-suite bedroom was spacious and really nicely planned, and the hotel has complimentary wifi. We ate our breakfasts plus most of our evening meals at the B&B and generally really enjoyed our meals. The buffet breakfasts were very generous plus you are offered other, freshly cooked options too (for instance boiled eggs, and vegan waffles). I couldn't have my eggs cooked any way other than boiled though! My partner left that some aspects of his vegan evening meals could have been a little more flavour-some but I really enjoyed all of my vegetarian dishes. The owners - Debbie and Daniel - and their team of international students really looked after us during our stay and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just enjoying yet another amazing meal at the beautiful La Maison Du Vert. We have been coming here for years now and still can't get enough! Set in the idyllic Normandy countryside this place is one of a kind, so much so that after staying here one year on holiday we decided to buy a holiday home nearby just so we could come here more often. Everytime is an excellent experience, the food is always devine, fresh straight from the garden and Debbie and Daniel can never do enough for their guests. We recommend this place to everyone, even if you are not vegetarian the food is so good you won't for a second notice the meat is missing!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I am a vegetarian, my partner is not. We drove 45 minutes and hoped to have a good lunch experience as the prices are not cheap. The restaurant was really cold and we had to ask for heating and to keep our coats on for the first 20 mins. The waiter was charming but had no experience or knowledge about the menu or wines except to tell us it was all really excellent. The food was of good quality ingredients and no doubt from their garden or local suppliers but generally we didn't feel it warranted the prices charged. The hummus was pretty tasteless and the rosti was soggy. Sadly a bit disappointed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to La Maison du Vert? Share your experiences!